Question RE: 2.5m White Crystals

SunwindIon

YES!!! white are bop

take care,

check out what it says when you click on the crystal on the vendor, I noticed they are NOT all bind on pickup some... well I only noticed one had bind on equip

Thanks. Yeah I know and I noticed that too...but seeing as these whites are supposedly so rare and very expensive, it would be nice to at least have them be Bound to Legacy IMO.

Just want to know if this is permanent or if there's any chance of giving them to any other character within your Legacy at any point in the future.

SE

Edited by ShavedEwok

Go, find the +46 crystals in new top 1.2 gear:

http://mmo-mechanics.com/news.php?article=battlemasterrakata-stats-on-pts

or brows the db of new weapons added in 1.2:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/patch/1.2/melee#

PS.. It`s just amuzing how many people lack the «Google it» skill..

I'm not sure if you are just trying to be rude or condescending, but all the DB sites only show +41 crystals in the new gear... but DB sites are notoriously bad at being completely correct, esp. when they are just mining data files that may or may not be current.

It's just "amuzing" how many people think they are so smart with "Google it" replies... :p

So my original statement stands... the +46 are either people making stuff up or the devs are confused. I'm sticking with the former unless someone sees otherwise and posts shots from PTS. I believe you Georg!

So all of us that can't afford the white crystal have no way of getting it after 1.2

Nice. Not.

Not for a while, no. But if white is so important to you, buy the 1 million version instead of the 2.5 million version. Of all modifications available on your gear, the colorcrystal is statwise the least important one.

Not for a while, no. But if white is so important to you, buy the 1 million version instead of the 2.5 million version. Of all modifications available on your gear, the colorcrystal is statwise the least important one.

This is pretty much it.

+31 vs. +41 rating... if that affects your gameplay significantly, something else is wrong... ;)

I'm not sure if you are just trying to be rude or condescending, but all the DB sites only show +41 crystals in the new gear... but DB sites are notoriously bad at being completely correct, esp. when they are just mining data files that may or may not be current.

It's just "amuzing" how many people think they are so smart with "Google it" replies... :p

So my original statement stands... the +46 are either people making stuff up or the devs are confused. I'm sticking with the former unless someone sees otherwise and posts shots from PTS. I believe you Georg!

Well the good news is that even to a min maxer...the 10 stats you will lose for looking unique with white crystals is not much at all. (or at least, 10 stat's I'd lose as a marauder)

Edited by Nessirin

collection would be great if we could display the stuff in some sort of player house, or player instance...

(thinking past just a single crystal here)

It would be kinda cool for rare crystals to insert into a holo projector of sorts and display certain dancers or things. Perhaps even stuff based off your Valor Rank etc. (I know that was in guild wars with an animal spirit).

But yah I like the idea of a Guild Hall or private quarters in a guild hall displaying your rare stuff.

Hey,

It is our stated goal to decouple the choice of crystal color from the choice of stats in the game. To that end, with Game Update 1.2, you will find that there are endgame variations (+41) for all available crystal colors in the game (Reminder: white is no longer available in 1.2, it's available for a limited time at vendors only).

Georg

Does this mean that the Black-Blue crystal will be available for the Empire finally?

Why on earth are stats tied to color crystals in the first place, other than as a money sink? Take the stats out of the color crystals and roll them into other weapon mods: Hilts/Barrels, Enhancements, and Mods.

It actually is very nice. Limited quantity items add a great sense of collection to the game. They've said that maybe way way way down the road they will bring them back bits at a time. This is for the people who work hard enough to earn something. They get no advantage over you if you choose not to spend the money for one, but they get to have something you don't. It's fair for everyone. Want something exclusive, work for it.

Too bad people who didn't make force users and have a life are gettin the short end...oh well...hopefully the new CE store crystal will be just as good...

Why on earth are stats tied to color crystals in the first place, other than as a money sink? Take the stats out of the color crystals and roll them into other weapon mods: Hilts/Barrels, Enhancements, and Mods.

Based off that quote does that mean if I buy a +41 endurance white it won't matter if I want power later as it will be removed???

On the item database, the War Hero weapons appear to have neither crystal slots nor hilt slots. Is this actually the case? I was thinking of shelling out for a White crystal, but if I can't use in my saberstaff then what's the point?

Edit: I'm referring specifically to PVP gear, btw

Edited by trakata

It is our stated goal to decouple the choice of crystal color from the choice of stats in the game.

Why not do just that, and make color crystals statless, changing all existing crystals to "power crystals?"

We'd still be upgrading a crystal just as often, but your goal would be achieved completely. Win-win.

On the item database, the War Hero weapons appear to have neither crystal slots nor hilt slots. Is this actually the case? I was thinking of shelling out for a White crystal, but if I can't use in my saberstaff then what's the point?

Edit: I'm referring specifically to PVP gear, btw

From the latest patch notes -

"The War Hero (Rated) chest, head, legs, hands, and feet items now come with empty modification slots. They can be purchased for Ranked Warzone Commendations. The wrist and belt items are still purchased by trading in the equivalent non-ranked item and spending Ranked Warzone Commendations, and cases of non-equivalent stats have been corrected"

not sure if also applies to weapons, but i wouldnt be surprised.

It actually is very nice. Limited quantity items add a great sense of collection to the game. They've said that maybe way way way down the road they will bring them back bits at a time. This is for the people who work hard enough to earn something. They get no advantage over you if you choose not to spend the money for one, but they get to have something you don't. It's fair for everyone. Want something exclusive, work for it.

Yeah, because opening chests for loot over and over and over and being lucky enough to not get banned like some others have, that's "work".

This isn't the reason, but certainly the thought behind is among the reasons why I've cancelled my subscription. Hard to justify the money every month on a game that rewards people for doing something they're banning others for, while simultaneously punishing people who didn't succumb to temptation and just played the game for the fun of it, despite wanting a -cosmetic- reward for their character.

Based off that quote does that mean if I buy a +41 endurance white it won't matter if I want power later as it will be removed???

No what I mean is something closer to how KOTOR handled colors. The color crystals had no stats, there were other crystals that did that.

What I propose is to separate the stats from the colors. Feel free to comment on this, but I imagine a 5th mod slot for weapons. You'd have the Mod, Enhancement, Hilt/Barrel, Power Crystal (holding the stats like 41 power or 41 crit), and Color Crystal (this would only change the color). This way things like the Pre-Order Crystal wouldn't become obsolete in 3 levels.