Really getting frustrated with warzones

DoctorNordo

Its not the Lowbies you are seeing. You are seeing how bad the majority of mmo players are without an advantage of any kind. Its awful to watch. My pyro merc was top dps in every wargame i played from 15-49 . My 12 jug was top dps 2 times tonight as well as a few hutball touchdowns. .. 12 ***!!

Do believe that in 1.2, Sprint will be avaliable at level 1 so that should 'fix' that problem of slow travel.

However, the only thing BW could do to prevent people from joining up before chosing a advanced class is to disable the pvp option until the AC is chosen or flash a big bright message on the screen that says, "You must choose your advanced class before joining the Warzone Que. Please visit your trainers on Fleet to choose your Advance Class."

All that being said, people have to understand or be made aware of that Bolstered stats, DPS and Healing is just stats. They won't have the abilities of a 49 nor will they have the talents avaliable of a 49.

The Bolster system isn't necessarily broken, but I think with at least the sprint chance, everything should be on a even keel as much as it should be.

I've always said that this game needed more brackets from day 1. The entire process is badly thought out.

Rift has some decent brackets and SWTOR needs to do the same, and, importantly add a lvl 50 bracket for those who havent got at least 3/4 pieces of Champ/Centr armour because getting steam rolled when you're pve isnt fun, especially when in the 10-49 bracket, you slapped everyone! lol

More brackets mean increased queue times. Worse, it'll create a twinking environment.

I don't know about you guys, but twinks are far more annoying than lowbies. Not because of the twinks themselves, but because of the endless QQ their mere presence generates.

Cool story time: Last night I ran Void Star with a level 11 Vanguard, wearing quest gear from Ord Mantell. I thought, "Oh great, we get to carry the nub." But my attitude was misguided. She made a beeline for th objectives and didn't give up until she got them. She wasn't solely responsible for our win, but at the end of the game I was glad she was there.

I think brackets might actually be viable with cross server warzones if they make the server groups big enough, and that's really going to be the question of how effective it will be. It's not like it was at launch where you had a ton of servers that were at least heavy. A vast majority are standard or light, so you have to probley pack in about 6 servers to get a good population for level bracketed warzones.

You can have 1 that's 10-20, of the 5 i've made that are 20. I can't really say there's a massive ability advantage within that range. Maybe 25 at the most.

Then another one from 21/25-35, of the 3 i've gotten past this point. This is usually where they start displaying some decent power from skills.

And for a last pre 50 bracket, 36-49. This being where you can start getting near to capping a skill tree if your not a hybrid and start getting a very good idea of what your gonna have to play with at 50. And to be honest with the 2 i've gotten thru or around this point, if your making good use of your skills. This is where you should be blatantly victimizing anything under 25. And carry those happy thoughts with you to 50 because.

New 50, or in my case 50 that rarley gets played and is still geared like a new 50, because I despise back to back to back to back to back to back to back huttball. Gets sodomized by the bm geared guys as I was reminded early yesterday morning.

If there were going to be brackets it would b be 10-30 and 31-49

personally I dont think brackets are needed AT ALL. I have played every class and topped scoreboards at lvl 10 on all of them. 40s have the advantage in abilities but have you noticed how lvl 10s hit harder and have more damage mitigation. I had 65% damage mitigation on my vanguard at lvl 14. I also crit with my stock strike for 2400. Now that im lvl 29 i dont crit for more than 1400

You cant bracket players "ability" reliably. thats your main problem.

Edited by Kalliadies

I do agree with this.

Although one can blame the selfish fools who queue for PVP straight at level 10, it is true that they get a quest to participate in a warzone and so are naturally driven to push that button, not realising they will be useless.

Adding more brackets however will lengthen queue times, that is the tradeoff.

Hard not to wanna queue at lv 10 when you need 580 comms for an lv 14 pvp weapon. Besides, even losses have been pretty profitable with the new patch lately.

I don't think the game needs a bracket every ten levels. The 10 to 49 bracket, however, could be split into two. A 10 to 24 tier and a 25 to 49 tier wouldn't make queue waits increase that much.