Remove columi from hard mode flashpoints.

Macabakur

Unfortunately though, BioWare is going to make it even easier to get bored. 1.2 has it changed so it'll only drop patterns people in the group can use, thereby making it harder to gear up your companions and quicker to gear up yourself. Prepare to be bored that much faster.

Personally I think the OP is smoking crack, but this part above intrigued me...

Source link please?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not, there are people who haven't played alot of mmo's and normal mode is kinda hard for them. It's nice to be bright and talented. Why the hell are you wasting your hours on a video game? Go solve world peace, sissy.

Believe it or not, there are people who haven't played alot of mmo's and normal mode is kinda hard for them. It's nice to be bright and talented. Why the hell are you wasting your hours on a video game? Go solve world peace, sissy.

hahaha best reply yet.

Remove Macabakur from the forums.

Fairly self explanatory, get rid of Macabakur from General Discussion forum section, or even better, remove him all together from the forum. Better than having him spaming worthless suggestions after he geared himself up, but does not want the rest to gear as fast.

Also, either remove user registration or retool the forum all together to ensure that ppl like Macabakur will never come to this forum again.

Do all of these fairly easy to implement I'd think things and people across the land will smile a non cheese mode smile and say a hearty "thanks, you really have a nice forum after all."

Edited by NoTomorrow

^lol..

I'm already subscribed for 3 months. And when I used /played (is this command correct? or is it /play?) I only have like 10 days worth of gaming.

If you're gonna make it too hard, ugh.. please.. do you want me to be stuck in Centurion gear forever? :eek:

Remove Macabakur from the forums.

Fairly self explanatory, get rid of Macabakur from General Discussion forum section, or even better, remove him all together from the forum. Better than having him spaming worthless suggestions after he geared himself up, but does not want the rest to gear as fast.

Also, either remove user registration or retool the forum all together to ensure that ppl like Macabakur will never come to this forum again.

Do all of these fairly easy to implement I'd think things and people across the land will smile a non cheese mode smile and say a hearty "thanks, you really have a nice forum after all."

Word, thanks. Pleasure chatting with you too.

Fairly self explanatory, get rid of columi from flash points, add better than normal but not equatable to operations blue and purple uniques to each hard mode flashpoint boss.

Also, either remove or retool columi/tionese/Rakata vendors to give stims and buffs for tokens not gear.

Last but not least, change the set bonuses on normal and hardmode operations. It doesn't make sense that the normal has the same set bonus as the hardmode.

Do all of these fairly easy to implement I'd think things and people across the land will smile a non cheese mode smile and say a hearty "thanks, you really do get end game after all."

Why remove the Columi gear from hard mode flashpoints?!? Columi is just Tier 2 gear, the real purpose of doing Operations is to do hardmode or nightmare mode and get your Rakata gear which you can only get doing those two difficulties in operations...

Why remove the Columi gear from hard mode flashpoints?!? Columi is just Tier 2 gear, the real purpose of doing Operations is to do hardmode or nightmare mode and get your Rakata gear which you can only get doing those two difficulties in operations...

Why do you call it tier 2? It shares the same set bonuses with tionese and rakata. They're all tier 1.

Why I think is because it makes what you get from normal ops obsolete. I've done EV in my swtor career twice, once on the sent once on the slinger. I've done kp once, theres no real chance to learn the stuff you need to learn to prep for hardmode/nightmare stuff unless you're ok spending tons of creds on repairs without ever getting a chance at getting something to improve your toon. They're both geared past it already. That's what my issue is. At the least save columi for normal ops and make tionese hard modes. That would at least help things. Edited by Macabakur
Typo

Hmm, I know running things over and over can get stale when you don't need gear anymore in a gear chasing game, but honestly...theres alot to do beyond that. You are gonna need to run as much stuff as you can if you want to increase your legacy points.

I mean damn, the game has been out for like what, going on 4 months? The next tier is right around the corner. As soon as you are all geared for 1.2 content, 1.3 will probably be on it's way. It's a MMO, if they are pumping out content then who cares if you gear too fast.

Hmm, I know running things over and over can get stale when you don't need gear anymore in a gear chasing game, but honestly...theres alot to do beyond that. You are gonna need to run as much stuff as you can if you want to increase your legacy points.

I mean damn, the game has been out for like what, going on 4 months? The next tier is right around the corner. As soon as you are all geared for 1.2 content, 1.3 will probably be on it's way. It's a MMO, if they are pumping out content then who cares if you gear too fast.

Ya, that's true too. Good point, bro.

Why? Please give a reason why you want the game to suffer from a cheese filled loot and loot getting system. It's cheesy you get what you want or you save some tokens and get what you want. It shouldn't be that easy. It's pedantic and boring the way it is now

Because we don't all have unlimited time and would like to experience the end game content once or twice ourselves. The loot isn't important, the stories are important.

Why I think is because it makes what you get from normal ops obsolete. I've done EV in my swtor career twice, once on the sent once on the slinger. They're both geared past it already. That's what my issue is. At the least save columi for normal ops and make tionese hard modes. That would at least help things.

Look, man. This is all really remedial stuff right now. The game's been out all of 3 months. What you're seeing now is the "minor leagues". Rakata, altho kinda rare and pretty truly isn't that much better than Columni. If it wasn't for Soa bugging the entire game would be a ridiculous breeze.

Truly, I don't think the "game" has started yet. Anyone by now not in full Columni just has other priorities. People who want to be wearing full Columni should be. It's like... hell i dunno...mithril pieces from vanilla eq1, ebon from vanilla eq2, whatever the hell those set pieces were in upper/lower spire in wow... it's just the starting stuff. Relax.

Look, man. This is all really remedial stuff right now. The game's been out all of 3 months. What you're seeing now is the "minor leagues". Rakata, altho kinda rare and pretty truly isn't that much better than Columni. If it wasn't for Soa bugging the entire game would be a ridiculous breeze.

Truly, I don't think the "game" has started yet. Anyone by now not in full Columni just has other priorities. People who want to be wearing full Columni should be. It's like... hell i dunno...mithril pieces from vanilla eq1, ebon from vanilla eq2, whatever the hell those set pieces were in upper/lower spire in wow... it's just the starting stuff. Relax.

Word, this is what I like friendly discourse. But ya, you might have a definete point.

I agree there is a huge lack of gear in this game. They need to have HM FP's drop their own loot. Honestly though with the new orange gear system i cant see them doing it , basically now epic items will simply be a container for mods for the most part. So why bother adding more epic items? This new system completely screws up gear progression as there isnt really any gear progression. Also there is nothing unique or rare about getting a mod because there isnt any rare or unique mods just ones for different stats. On top of that it isnt a challenge to get orange gear and RE it , you dont have to fight a bad *** boss to get it.

It just completely screws up progression. I cant beleive how many people are okay with all the rehashed gear in all the different "modes" in this games end game PVE. HM FP's drop the same gear as normal mode ops, commendation vendors also give you the exact same gear as HM FP"s and normal mode ops. HM Ops also even share some gear with Normal ops and HM FPS. No one sees a problem with the lazyness behind this?

Its just such a huge shock when you go from leveling up and their being tons of gear, and all the flashpoints drop unique gear that doesnt drop from anywhere else. Then you get to end game, and the gear is rehashed through every single aspect of the end game. Its hugely dissapointing, it doesnt foster gear progression, and it makes things too easy.

Every end game PVE drop is part of a set in this game, their are NO unique rare non set items. There is the tier gear, then energized, exotech and xenotech, and that is it that is the extent of end game drops currently.

Not to compare too much but i dont think anyone ever had a problem with wow having unique items for each of their different modes. Heroics had their own loot, commedation vendors had their own loot, 10mans had their own loot, 25 mans had their own loot, hard modes had same loot as 10 and 25 mans but with better stats. Not to mention the only real "sets" in the game where from the tiers, the rest where unique items that made people well look unique lol. They still managed to implement a system where players could look how they wanted (transmorg) while fostering gear progression in a fairly casual way but without being lazy about it (rehashing the same loot between raids and commendation vendors and heroics like swtor does).

Adding orange items actually adds nothing to gear progression, it takes away from it. I like the idea in concept but i hate the way it was implemented. They could have done something really special with it. Like make armorings with set bonus's drops in raids and possibly lesser ones purchased through commendation vendors. Then that would add a whole seperate form of gear progression for orange items and having a full orange set would actually mean something and would require some work for the customization benefits.

Edited by Samborino

/Agree with OP.

FP's should drop Tionese only.

Normal should drop more Tionese.

HM should drop Columi.

NM should drop Rakata.

Stop doing what WoW did. Ever notice when WoW announced there subs dropped from 12m to 10m? When they went casual, and started giving loot away. Make people work for it, people will stay.

Someone who agrees with me, yay

Very well written post by the way, maybe the way you say it will sound more applicable to all these macabakur haters :) <3

My post is probably too long for most people to read or pay attention too unfortunately.

Im in such dilema with this game because i absolutely love it in alot of aspects but there is one large aspect that annoys me. And that is gear progression its a fairly big aspect to end game in an mmo , as the only way to progress your character in this game is through gear progression.