Scheduled Maintenance March 23rd

Yndras

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm... normally when servers go down I go 'eh, no big deal' but 6pm Friday night is a bit of a fail for me. I'm not raging and threatening to unsubscribe or blah blah blah, I'm just slightly annoyed.

I really hope the patch being deployed is important cause I know a lot of people are going to be significantly more annoyed about it than me.

I thought it was called Scheduled maintenance, yet we get only a days notice. I just got home from work, it's 3pm in the afternoon where I am, and now I can't play. I don't mind weekly updates/maintenance, but like someone said before why can't it wait till next week? What is so bad for them to bring down every server for a mystery update.

I will eat humble pie though if it's "SURPRISE WE RELEASED 1.2"

So once again, you take servers down on a friday night at 9pm during oceanic prime time for 4 hours for a patch. I mean what the hell!!!!

How many americans do you have on at say 8am or 6am friday morning? You need to select a new time because the current one is *********** awful.

This is the only place I saw the news. Only scheduled maintenance I see is March 20.

o.O

And if they released 1.2 early while saying April and I've been busting my pretty lil behind to make enough credits to buy a couple of 125k crystals I'm gonna be upset.

Edited by Leiralei

Im pretty sure if you got kciked at 9pm on friday you'd be pretty pissed. Dont be ignorant.

Another MMO I used to play (and enjoyed almost as much as SWTOR) always has their maintenance at 9:00 PDT. It never bothered me. No matter when they do their maintenance, someone loses out.

It's not a mysterious update. They have brought the servers down once every month on friday since launch. This is a scheduled event for them. Probably some poser in character design wanting to touch up the character models.

Not only am I know enslaved by my iPhone (chose to go security key and

EA takes at least 30 min to pickup and cancel, time I don't have) but I have a fiance in my life. I REALLY need to know what the schedule is in order to play. I'm cool with scheduled maintenance, as a software engineer I get it :D Alas, time and again I finally get my schedule and lady's schedule figured out and allocate a few hours (that I spend all week waiting for) for swtor only to discover the server is down. I suppose I'm no longer eligible to play this game due to unprecedented down time. Please also understand I am not complaining about a suspension in general but the complete and total lack of respect for swtor's older audience that is accountable for the day and date of their schedule. That said, I hope they build an instance where we can face BioWare execs and the Rakata, hand in hand, and bring them down... at least for psychological aspects. Makers eh? Get in the game and see how much wrath there is no?

so this patch wasn't available two days ago on maintenance day ?

or can't be left for another 3 days untill the next maintenance window ?

Losing all faith in whoever is running this game. (not for the down time. np. i'll be working) Just the lack of planning.

I guess if they do this, they have a good reason. If you think about it: They are patching something now instead of in three days time. So they take the bad rep with the players rather than letting the servers run unchecked for another couple of days.

possible reasons:

security of servers / safety of servers

- programming

- databanks

exploits

- duping

- teleporting

- invulnerabilities

- credsgenerating

you know, stuff that can't wait, because ONE small post on twitter and it's server-armageddon.

I really don't think they do server-shutdowns just to p*ss people off. ;)

Here is the problem as i see it.

This "patch" is nothing to improve the gameplay for paying customers, this "patch" is for non customers i call them Trials. The last two "patch"-notes is a big frikkin joke, what did they fix on 8h+4h NOTHING for paying customers. The game is full off bugs and they dont patch a thing!

The only thing that keeps folk in this game is the brand Star Wars nothing more. If you take a minute to think you will realize that many many things is broken even big design misses. Take professions for example, the only profession that actually contribute something is biochem. Its so bad design i dont know how to put it really.

I just peeked at RIFT 1.8, they are very very active and always try to fix things for their paying customers. Every "major" patch is a small expantion, they do this every 2-3 month, in the mean time they fix ERRORS. They have maint on the night and not on primetime etc.

I havent seen an actuall fix or improvement in swtor yet, and ive played since start. To me it seems that they are just trying to milk cash and nothing more. I think i will cancel my sub early April if they dont come out with their "miracle"-patch 1.2, and i think many will follow.

To BioWare - Your approach is totally wrong! wait 2-4 month and do a bundlepatch is very bad for your customers, you actually needs to fix stuff in the mean time to make it work like everybody else does in the MMO space. Atm you are worse that F2P games out there. Try to milk you paying customers as much as you can wont work (Age of Conan), ppl aint that stupid.

Here is a very annoying bug and very very frustrating that should be fixed month ago:

If you die on the last boss in Heroic when the boss dies you cant enter the instance to complete daily nor loot the boss. This is a VERY frustrating bug and very mandatory that it should work the correct way. And BioWare focus on Trials .... *** ?!?

BioWare - The only thing you have atm is the name Star Wars nothing more.

/Paying Customer - Soon to leave

Tell me about it. 2nd time this week. Unfortunately like you turds, some of us actually need to work. So the only time we have to play is exactly the time when they decide to have maintenance. If this goes on u're gonna see your oceanic players unsub for sure. Do something about it!

4hrs that is in the middle of prime time for him. I understand the frustration. Could you imagine the fires that would exist in this forum if they took the servers down for even 2hrs from 6PM to 8PM Eastern US time? wow...

To the OP: I understand man, and I really don't see why they can't take the Oceanic and Euro servers down at times that don't impact those players as much. BW just seems to like the efficency and money saving strategy of "Fix it all at the same time, who cares who we piss off!".

they cant take server down at different time because its all one client. You can buy one box copy and play in europe, us, or soon in Aussie.

This company is wacked, everytime they patch more problems arrise, I've never seen a game get consistently worse patch after patch. Soon your whole server will only have 5 people on it Total. Bioware shares are down over 50% since launch, wonder why ?? FAIL.

Have you seen the Mass Effect 3 ending? That's why their shares are down. LOL

I just can't believe people are defending this unscheduled 'maintenance'. MOST people work, when you're over going 'out' getting drunk, getting into fights and picking up, it's the prime time for doing others things, such as, playing the latest MMO you've just decided to pay money for. So you come home, sink a couple of beers, settle in for a night of playing SWTOR and the servers go down! BIOWARE, you did well, I admit, but crap like this is pushing me back to your superior competition.