Scheduled Maintenance March 23rd

Yndras

Oooooh, they just edited the patch notes to make it not JUST about the free weekend, lol

1.1.5d Patch Notes

3/23/2012

General

Implemented changes to improve overall server stability.

PvP

Voidstar

Players will no longer be able to exit the starting area earlier than intended.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.1.5d/3232012

I think I just worked out why these take 4+ hours... in the last 30mins it has gone from patch 1.1.5c (with just the changes under 'general'), to 1.1.5d (now including the small PVP change)... they couldn't seriously be doing agile development during these maintenance windows could they... are they on a 1hr sprint cycle or something? hourly scrums?

(this just gets more insane the more you look... best to avert your eyes I think).

Yeah, sounds pretty fake alright.

I love this game, but in times like this I wish BW crashed and burned hard. That way someone who are not a bunch of complete ******* can pick SWTOR up and run it properly.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you haven't realized, a major issue at the moment is the lack of player population within servers. This marketing ploy, The Weekend Pass, MAY bring in new players or bring back old players. IF (because I cannot read the future), IF it does work out, we may have an increased number of players to play with/against.

No MMO is fun if you're playing alone. This MAY bring in some players. They have not once discussed the problem with low populations within servers, but this Weekend Pass may be a temporary fix. So yes it very much has to do with our game play. More players = More fun even if the new players are noobs. They'll get up there if they choose to stay.

yer well i don't care. I pay for the game now as does everybody else. I PAY to PLAY not pay to be offline to boot some trail freeloaders. What are biofail thinking,

Edited by darkneeds

1.1.5d Patch Notes

3/23/2012

General

PvP

Voidstar

WOW !!!! massive patch !

So massive it had to be done on a friday morning. At least they didn't take the forums down again.

yer well i don't care. I pay for the game now as does everybody else. I PAY to PLAY.

You pay to play, and you paid to agree that they would have maintenace! READ THE TERMS boy! Don't just go and accept every game without reading

Subscribers will be angry one way or another. No matter what time they choose to do maintenance, as was stated before, the world is round, so someone somewhere will still miss out, prime time is no longer a set time between specific hours. Prime time is considered ones personal time to play.

Pick an hour, any hour, someone will still be hurt. They SHOULD implement these changes regionally rather than globally but I can't fight the fact that this is how they are doing it now.

I have a Scroll of Resurrection sitting in my e-mail too dude lol. Soooo tempting, but I experienced Dragon Soul, meh, Dragons are getting overplayed. Some of the stuff showcased on MMO-Champion looks reaaaalll interesting though :p.

THe more news that comes out about Pandaria the more interesting that expansion is looking! and how doesnt want to be a drunk Brewmaster Panda hehe

The quicker Bioware bring up the servers the quicker we stop talking about Warcraft hehe

1.1.5d Patch Notes

3/23/2012

General

PvP

Voidstar

WOW !!!! massive patch !

Yea that couldn't wait until next Tuesday.

The wait would be so long that it would amount to a complete lockout for not only the time that the EU and US servers were out, but also then any down-time that the AU servers would need.

Eeek!

And how is that any different from what is facing us this evening? At least i'd be in a queue to get on the server. As it is the server is out completely.

Seems this is to fix a big bug in pvp see peeps can now chill, and all i can say is....

Everything you think you know baby, Is wrong. And everything you think you had baby......Is gone. Certain things turn ugly when you think too hard and nagging little thoughts change into things you can't turn off. Everything you think you know baby......Is wrong

It's all over but the crying, Fade to black I'm sick of trying. Took too much and now I'm done. It's all over but the crying

Do you really think I'm made of stone baby? C'mon!

That we only love the things we own? Baby you're wrong

Certain things just happen when you make no plans. And love can really tear you up and it can break you down. Everything you think you know baby Is wrong

It's all over but the crying. Fade to black I'm sick of trying, took too much and now I'm done. It's all over but the crying

Baby we're done

If I could I would, I'd change everything ,Cause I can't forget you though you don't believe me, Now I can't walk back, I can't leave behind ,Where does it go all the light that we had?

Everything you think you know baby, Is wrong. And everything you think you had baby

Is gone

Baby we're done !

It will be back up soon and chill

Edited by Shingara

1.1.5d Patch Notes

3/23/2012

General

PvP

Voidstar

WOW !!!! massive patch !

Extremely important.

Especially the improving of server stability... it's just meant for the Trials. lOl :D

Don't worry, i got a warning for being disrespectful ;)

lol you too?

jeeze so i am not the only one...bioware is so touchy on this subject...:rolleyes:

I swear, show a little allegiance to the confederacy and "whoah man no bueno"

alls i said was "hey, who you calling yank?" I fight for farming , agriculture, and the futures revolution...

Blame Thomas Jefferson he's the writer whose ideas created thought bubbles above my head...

yer well i don't care. I pay for the game now as does everybody else. I PAY to PLAY not pay to be offline to boot some trail freeloaders. What are biofail thinking,

Part of your subscription involves both planned and unplanned maintenance, as stated in the ToS of all online role playing, subscription based games.

THe more news that comes out about Pandaria the more interesting that expansion is looking! and how doesnt want to be a drunk Brewmaster Panda hehe

The quicker Bioware bring up the servers the quicker we stop talking about Warcraft hehe

For the longest time, I wasn't too sure Blizzard knew what they were doing (adding Pandaren into to WoW), but since Beta started and I read some of the stuff on MMO-Champ, it looks pretty good. I can't wait for my annual pass invite to beta.

Being an EU player, playing on the US realms, this maint ends about an hour after I wake up in the morning, right in the middle of my 3 day weekend, so it suits me well (it's 10:26am here right now).

What fits for some doesn't fit for others, remember the game is not region locked, and the world is round, there are many more people than just those in your one time zone.

Also, does anyone know what the patch includes, as it doesn't say maintenance anywhere, it says patch in every post the CS bots have posted.

Do none of you read the previous 50 pages of this thread? :)

It isn't about the need for maintenance, its the fact it seems to be done most of the time (I hear, I've only been subbed for 5 days) during our peak time.

We're just suggesting either having the maintenance period moving each time so everyone gets a turn at being annoyed, or rolling it out region by region.

You can't "stagger" emergency patches and fixes, and I realize something may NOT constitute an emergency to YOU, BUT it MAY be severely limiting to thousands of other players.

FYI, if it's an "Emergency patch or fix", you don't get advanced notice posted - see Ambergreen's notice above. Therefore, it is entirely possible to stagger patches such as these.

Unfortunately though OP, threads like this are entirely futile. There are simply too many fanboi's in here old chap.

You pay to play, and you paid to agree that they would have maintenace! READ THE TERMS boy! Don't just go and accept every game without reading

that might stand up in the us where people a f'ed over all the time. I have to point out that has been challenged in the eu and Australia with said game company's settling out of court for undisclosed amounts.

maybe you should Google it before you think the whole worlds is a state of America.

lol you too?

jeeze so i am not the only one...bioware is so touchy on this subject...:rolleyes:

I swear, show a little allegiance to the confederacy and "whoah man no bueno"

alls i said was "hey, who you calling yank?" I fight for farming , agriculture, and the futures revolution...

Blame Thomas Jefferson he's the writer whose ideas created thought bubbles above my head...

you sir are the reason i'm ashamed of generalizing about americans (but sometimes i can't help it...). keep it up, 1 people like you make up for 100 dbags...