The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can't wait for all the FOTM Marauders to hit 50

jitsuo

They'll realize that Anni wasn't buffed, Carnage/Rage was. If they're Anni, 95% will have no clue what they're doing, and a clueless Marauder is the easiest class to kill. If they're Carnage, once I stun/Camo through Gore they will be absolute sitting ducks. If they're Rage, it's the easiest thing in the world to avoid a Smash and hit back.

Marauders have a complicated rotation compared to PT Powertechs or Sorcerers (I.E. Reactionary piano playing). It's not "hard" but it is complicated and has a much higher skill ceiling.

Edited by jitsuo

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll realize that Anni wasn't buffed, Carnage/Rage was. If they're Anni, 95% will have no clue what they're doing, and a clueless Marauder is the easiest class to kill. If they're Carnage, once I stun/Camo through Gore they will be absolute sitting ducks. If they're Rage, it's the easiest thing in the world to avoid a Smash and hit back.

Marauders have a complicated rotation compared to PT Powertechs or Sorcerers (I.E. Reactionary piano playing), and a lot of PvP-ers that I witness cannot handle it.

LoL on "rotation".

Not sure why Maras like to fall back on that all the time....

LoL on "rotation".

Not sure why Maras like to fall back on that all the time....

Note the note that calls it (Reactionary piano playing)

Also, Concealment Ops can absolutely rock us if they get the opener and aren't stupid.

Edited by jitsuo

Marauders have a complicated rotation compared to PT Powertechs or Sorcerers (I.E. Reactionary piano playing), and a lot of PvP-ers that I witness cannot handle it.

Yep there are many Mara/Sent out there but very few top the damage and kills.

:confused::confused: Mara is really not that hard to play. All you have to do is watch your procs and hit your keybinds on time. I understand it can be hell to play if you're a clicker but any competent player with keybinds can play the class rather well.

It is not just hitting stuff, it is knowing when to hit it and how to use it. Many fail at this.

And by the way you UNDERSTAND you say.. that tells me you have never played one.

Edited by Badlander

:confused::confused: Mara is really not that hard to play. All you have to do is watch your procs and hit your keybinds on time. I understand it can be hell to play if you're a clicker but any competent player with keybinds can play the class rather well.

They aren't hard to play. They're hard to play well. If you are only ever reacting to what other players do then you aren't playing your marauder efficiently.

Depends on how your defining hard.

Compared to the most other SWTOR classes an anni marauder or watchmen Sent is somewhat more difficult, but it's not any sort of piano playing by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with this patch, I disagree with those calling a sent/mara overpowered right now, but with some of the other nerfs going through and some of the readjustments for the mara/sent, well I guess we will have to see what happens in 1.2.

Mmmh... Are you playing against a puching ball, who don't bump / stun / mezz / interrupt you ?

For example, i've got a 6 seconds buff of 100% armor penetration with gore (15 sec CD)... If i'm bumped/stun/rooted right after my gore, i'm just screwed... Just saying...

Even in their current form, marauders are one of the best pvp classes.

Huge mobility, unlimited resources, have abilities to escape....

The only downside of the class is it doesn't have perma-stealth......no doubt devs are working to fix that though.

I thought the 1.2 patch is a big nerf to annihilation marauders.

Slight buff to other rage specs if the players know how to spam 30 fury abilities.

I only like this class because annihilation marauders get 4 second uninterrupted stealth to get away. Bioware is taking it away while forcing the class to go carnage.

I'm predicting more deaths. I honestly don't like the changes just because they are taking vanish which means this class is going to be more like a squishy juggernaut with no escape abilities.

Depends on how your defining hard.

Compared to the most other SWTOR classes an anni marauder or watchmen Sent is somewhat more difficult, but it's not any sort of piano playing by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with this patch, I disagree with those calling a sent/mara overpowered right now, but with some of the other nerfs going through and some of the readjustments for the mara/sent, well I guess we will have to see what happens in 1.2.

Well, once you got the class fully keybound it's not that hard :) I had to use up all my mouse keybinds, closest buttons, shift keybinds, and had to move into CTRL keybinds to get everything I wanted on there. I wish I could make Macros so I could set all my adrenals/relics to one key.

But Marauders don't have a hard "rotation", but it does change with every fight and every situation. A fair amount of people in PvP have trouble running and turning at the same time, a complicated rotation makes them free kills.

If they're Carnage or Rage, the rotation actually is a rotation, but they're dealt with fairly easily.

The only downside of the class is it doesn't have perma-stealth......no doubt devs are working to fix that though.

Which current form ? Annihilation ?

Play a carnage Mara, read 1.2 patch note one more time, think again...

BTW, you'd better learn to recognize Mara's "gore" strike, cause you're gonna see it more, after 1.2...

Oh I agree they are good pvp class (specifically watchmen/anni the other two are much weaker), they excel at 1v1 combat (which is not super important in a game focused on team based pvp) and they are very good single target damage dealers.

However they can be shut down 1v1 by several other classes when played right. In group combat they can be controlled even easier.

So they aren't overpowered, they are however a good pvp class.

However 1.2 looks to shake things up a bit so it's going to be harder to tell where everything is going to fall once everything is said and done.

Edited by Dharagada

The funny thing is you talk about rotation compared to Sorc or PT.

I'd take the ease of managing Rage any day over the annoyance that is Heat...

Sorcerer Force management is the easiest thing in the world. OOM? Spam your strongest attack, it recovers force.

Heat may be annoying but it is easy to manage (for now). Keep it under 40 and use FB/RP until you get a RS proc, die it down to mix in TD's as needed.

Rage and Carnage have simple "rotations" (core abilities), it's only Anni that requires a lot of thinking

Slight buff to other rage specs if the players know how to spam 30 fury abilities.

I only like this class because annihilation marauders get 4 second uninterrupted stealth to get away. Bioware is taking it away while forcing the class to go carnage.

I'm predicting more deaths. I honestly don't like the changes just because they are taking vanish which means this class is going to be more like a squishy juggernaut with no escape abilities.

Not really a huge nerf. They removed Predation and changed Phantom. I can deal with 50% damage in my Camo though it will be an inconvenience and the decreased run speed is something I can live without. They didn't nerf us a lot, just changed the utility a fair amount.

Carnage is a spec I will try, but I don't see them becoming dominant. The lack of burst when Gore is taken care of is just too large of a crutch for me.

Rage is Rage, fun but easy to counter by moving.

Edited by jitsuo

Not really a huge nerf. They removed Predation and changed Phantom. I can deal with 50% damage in my Camo though it will be an inconvenience and the decreased run speed is something I can live without. They didn't nerf us a lot, just changed the utility a fair amount.

They are taking away the only escape ability this class have. I think that is a huge nerf.

Sorry sir, there's not such a "rotation" in carnage spec... Not in PVP, anyway...

Mainly their best attacks are Massacre, Gore, and Force Scream. Take away Gore and their burst takes a massive hit, especially now that Ataru procs are weapon damage.

The funny thing is you talk about rotation compared to Sorc or PT.

I'd take the ease of managing Rage any day over the annoyance that is Heat...

To each his own, I suppose. Never played a PT/Vanguard, but having a 50 Commando I find heat management, in any spec, far easier than rage/fury management.

Anni will not be nerfed that hard. I don't even spec into 100% camo, I prefer the extra point in Obfuscate, so all that will change is in giving me 2 more skill points to use. Kind of a neutral change imo, at least in PvP (Losing 100% in PvE is a significant change, but I can live with it).

Carnage and Rage are getting buffed, by not by a huge margin. Actually, with the way Ataru works right now on PTS, it's a nerf to Carnage as well, but Devs have already responded that Ataru isn't working properly so hopefully that's fixed.

Anni will still be a viable tree, and I still expect most Marauders to be Anni. It'll just make Carnage a more viable build. Rage is still meh.

Edited by Cruxe

They are taking away the only escape ability this class have. I think that is a huge nerf.

We still have camo, it can now be broken on damage (which is still hard to do). It's not a huge nerf at all, it's very minor, especially because many Maras didn't use Phantom.

Flipping a coin to decide which way to start rolling your face on the keyboard isn't a complicated rotation.

Edited by Coramac