Medpacks... are you kidding me?!?!!?!?

Moshpet

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.you dont need users feedback to make changes

and 1-2 try it before you complain, it might sound like its a bad change but TRY it before posting negative feedback. Lowering the reuse on pvp medpacks is a nice change, and the game does have systems inplace to track when your out of combat, if your group seems to be chain pulling try saying stop for 5 seconds its not like its a big deal really.

I DONT PVP! PVP IS LAME WHY ARE THESE CHANGES BEING MADE ACROSS THE BOARD?

I could care less if you want to spend mind numbing hours killing each other in a Simulated environment. stop ruining my game experience.

I could care less if you want to spend mind numbing hours killing each other in a Simulated environment. stop ruining my game experience.

Eh, this change has very little effect in PvP, the only place where you are in combat an extended period of time is a PvE Boss Fight (exceptions excluded).

George...this is NOT a good idea. Please don't go through with this horrible change. Let the cooldowns do their job. The double whammy of nerfs to all healing professions and THIS is just too much.

This is a PvE killer. Don't make people hybrid heals just to survive in PvE.

But it can be recast after 20 seconds (less if specced)... negating 2 attacks every 20 seconds isnt useful??? Cuz my operative would love it over his 45 CD shield probe that I can only cast on myself.

I would rather be able to wear medium or heavy armor and not have to cast anything in a lag fest game.

You're not very bright. The changes are made specifically to make PvE harder without forcing everyone to buy tons of medpacs for every attempt or be biochem.

You're not very bright. The changes are made specifically to make PvE harder without forcing everyone to buy tons of medpacs for every attempt or be biochem.

This is exactly why the changes are freaking beyond stupid.

Med packs do not eleviate the requirement for a healer and do not make any top end PVE content doable with out a healer.

This is nothing less than an attempt to make the grind / fights take longer than they are now, period, in PVE.

In PVP they are just catering to the lazy tards that can't be bothered to learn crafting or spend credits on stuff.

Stupid is what stupid does.

The limitation on regualr medpaks isnt PVP.....the quote you so easily pulled out of context ..i was merely stating that the change to PVP medpacks was a welcomed idea....your confused it seems.

and unless you have tried it your self then i suggest you try being more constructive, as noone cares if you pvp or not, or even like pvp...

Devs dont want what you like or dont like, they want feedback on what works and what doesnt and WHY not opinions of those that wont even bother getting on PTS.

Edited by Cbrinegar

This is exactly why the changes are freaking beyond stupid.

Med packs do not eleviate the requirement for a healer and do not make any top end PVE content doable with out a healer.

This is nothing less than an attempt to make the grind / fights take longer than they are now, period, in PVE.

In PVP they are just catering to the lazy tards that can't be bothered to learn crafting or spend credits on stuff.

Stupid is what stupid does.

you mean take longer then what 5 minutes, oh the horror no more 30 second wow fights for j00. or what maybe 10 minutes for SoA... oo the horror

the change in regular medpaks again have nothing to do with PVP as the pvp medpaks are way better then crafted anyways, what they did do was lower the reuse on pvp paks, which in NO way affects pve, imagine that.

again how about TRYING the change first, instead of assuming just because you dont like it means its a bad change across the board.

PVP encounters are more accurately measured in seconds, not in minutes. This change won't affect PVP much, if at all.

If you'd bothered to read the developer post on this subject, they made it abundantly clear that this change was being made to limit how much healing can be done in a hard mode encounter (both in flashpoints and operations) by external sources. That makes it easier for them to tune encounters based upon current healer-spec abilities.

The side effect is a good one: this forces healers to learn the finer details of their class mechanics. In essence, this change -- when combined with the healer balancing changes in this patch -- adds a skill curve to the game. Glory glory hallelueah, that's something this game has been missing since launch.

As a Carnage Marauder, this change is painful. In fact it's very painful.

Many times a medpack use is the complete difference between success or failure. For non-healer based class this tool is all we have. I understand that there is a spec. that provides my class with some healing, but it's not my preferred play style.

I think this should be reconsidered, all you really have to do is up the cooldown on all medpack, not make it a one use per combat encounter. That's actually harder to code and has too much potential to screw something up. It's much easier to adjust the cooldown values and see how that balances things.

you mean take longer then what 5 minutes, oh the horror no more 30 second wow fights for j00. or what maybe 10 minutes for SoA... oo the horror

the change in regular medpaks again have nothing to do with PVP as the pvp medpaks are way better then crafted anyways, what they did do was lower the reuse on pvp paks, which in NO way affects pve, imagine that.

again how about TRYING the change first, instead of assuming just because you dont like it means its a bad change across the board.

You must have a pocket healer.

Also this does not just affect PVP medpacks, it is all med packs.

Your attitude only indicates your not a biochem crafter.

I suggest they add crew skill requirement to all crafted armor and weapons.

Thanks for not being helpful.

Can't talk about the poster you're referring to, but unless you haven't finished the second planet you have a pocket healer too.

It's called your ship droid. And EVERY spec gets him. So no, you don't need medpacks for heals.

And, of course, each and every spec gets a FAR more useful healer companion eventually.

Can't talk about the poster you're referring to, but unless you haven't finished the second planet you have a pocket healer too.

It's called your ship droid. And EVERY spec gets him. So no, you don't need medpacks for heals.

And, of course, each and every spec gets a FAR more useful healer companion eventually.

Companions are not a replacement for a medpack and cannot be used in all instances in the game.

Try again.

PvP?

What PvP fights are you in which last over 90 seconds? Healer vs healer? ROFL.

Maybe in Voidstar, as defender, I can see you being in combat > 90 seconds if you are amazing and never die. Maybe.

This change is a complete non-issue for PvP. This affects PvE Boss Fights tremendously, however.

This is a major issue as a whole. They want to stop progression in the game because the game is easy mode for most people. Hell the game isnt even finished. They put out a product most people are unhappy with. When people say there is nothing to do at 50 they are not lying. Taking away features like medpac's, nerfing biochem, nerfing commando heals etc is all to stop people from going through the game as fast as they are. Its the model they followed in Warhammer and its the model they will continue to follow. This will be one of the biggest failed projects in any mmo due to the fact that they dont listen to the customer base. The dev's take it personally when the community blows up their baby. Now they are giving us a borked legacy system. They took away the carrot and are now just beating us with the stick

This is a major issue as a whole. They want to stop progression in the game because the game is easy mode for most people. Hell the game isnt even finished. They put out a product most people are unhappy with. When people say there is nothing to do at 50 they are not lying. Taking away features like medpac's, nerfing biochem, nerfing commando heals etc is all to stop people from going through the game as fast as they are. Its the model they followed in Warhammer and its the model they will continue to follow. This will be one of the biggest failed projects in any mmo due to the fact that they dont listen to the customer base. The dev's take it personally when the community blows up their baby. Now they are giving us a borked legacy system. They took away the carrot and are now just beating us with the stick

I agree and they are too lazy to just up the damage of NPCs or increase NPC Defense. Or better yet, improve NPC AI. Oh wait, that would be hard and take effort.

I really wish SWG was still running.

I would rather be able to wear medium or heavy armor and not have to cast anything in a lag fest game.

I can't tell if you are being serious or not.

Completely negating TWO attacks every 20 seconds far outweighs an additional 15-20% physical damage reduction.

PVP encounters are more accurately measured in seconds, not in minutes. This change won't affect PVP much, if at all.

If you'd bothered to read the developer post on this subject, they made it abundantly clear that this change was being made to limit how much healing can be done in a hard mode encounter (both in flashpoints and operations) by external sources. That makes it easier for them to tune encounters based upon current healer-spec abilities.

The side effect is a good one: this forces healers to learn the finer details of their class mechanics. In essence, this change -- when combined with the healer balancing changes in this patch -- adds a skill curve to the game. Glory glory hallelueah, that's something this game has been missing since launch.

It's not as if the game had healers busting at the seams already.

They should be focusing their attention on building mouse-over click casting, better UI buff/debuff visibility and dual spec instead of making a senseless change to medpacks this early in the game's lifetime.

Keep pushing the healers with nerfs and arbitrary difficulty increases and soon we'll have barely enough healers left to even form Flashpoint groups, let alone Operations.

I can't tell if you are being serious or not.

Completely negating TWO attacks every 20 seconds far outweighs an additional 15-20% physical damage reduction.

Play a sage and you will find that NOT ALL ATTACKS are mitigated, and second, the skill does not always fire and tends to fall off at the worst times.

We can agree to disagree.

I can't seem to summon my companion in Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace.

Play a sage and you will find that NOT ALL ATTACKS are mitigated, and second, the skill does not always fire and tends to fall off at the worst times.

We can agree to disagree.

I have a 50 Sage. He was my main until I seen that the PvE gear looked ignorant and like 80% of the Republic on my server is a Consular of one AC or the other.

Also this does not just affect PVP medpacks, it is all med packs.

Your attitude only indicates your not a biochem crafter.

I suggest they add crew skill requirement to all crafted armor and weapons.

Thanks for not being helpful.

you couldnt be more wrong, i dont have a pocket healer, and i am a 400 BC...i have 4 rakata items, one is a medpak, rakata armor, rakata crit, and one other i cant recall.

unless you count mako in cent gear being a pocket healer.. that which is no use to me at 50 in WZ's....next arguement??

thanks for being even more so less useful.

you couldnt be more wrong, i dont have a pocket healer, and i am a 400 BC...i have 4 rakata items, one is a medpak, rakata armor, rakata crit, and one other i cant recall.

unless you count mako in cent gear being a pocket healer.. that which is no use to me at 50 in WZ's....next arguement??

thanks for being even more so less useful.

Then provide the emperical data that proves med packs are OP'd and alter the balance of game play. Otherwise there is no justification for this change.

If you and your compadres think the game is too easy then ask the devs to make the NPCs harder and leave our med packs alone. Not that hard to figure out now is it.

Otherwise feel free to run hard mode naked and have fun with that.

Edited by Quinlynn

I have a 50 Sage. He was my main until I seen that the PvE gear looked ignorant and like 80% of the Republic on my server is a Consular of one AC or the other.

I agree, appearance is ugly.

Good for you. Would you like a cookie?

Grind up to BM and 75 valor and then let me know how well you think that bubble works.

Edited by Quinlynn

Keep pushing the healers with nerfs and arbitrary difficulty increases and soon we'll have barely enough healers left to even form Flashpoint groups, let alone Operations.

The medpack change isn't game breaking but ON TOP of the nerfs to almost every healing class it's kinda perceived as pouring on by a few healers I know.

In general I'm not playing a healing class I'll have to relearn every 3-5 months because they want to balance their game. When we can't kill the same HM bosses we could a week before the 1.2 patch went live because I have to relearn heat management and a new rotation; I suffer, I get blamed and I have to stress out. No thanks.

I leveled 3 50's just waiting for something like this. It's a quality of life thing like sprint at lvl 1. I don't really care for a nerd rage breakdown of encounter numbers. They should have left it alone to at least give us some perceived breathing room until we actually see the heal changes live.

Edited by Sqeeter