Biochem 1.2 Nerf details inside

daMarek

Where does it say that you can no longer craft Implants with Augment slots?

Where does it even imply this? Does the post ever use the word "instead"? It doesn't say they will "instead" create an additional implant. It just says they create an additional implant. Where is the part about no longer having an Aug Slot?

The blog is incorrect, my fault. We'll update it.

You will still be able to crit on the creation of implants.

Sorry for the confusion.

I would just like to say "I told you so"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think Orange crit gear will become dirt cheap then you simple dont understand the market. As well as you act like it will be easy to crit gear... i doubt it will be easy at all. If you get 1 piece in 10 to crit then the cost alone will drive the price up to not be "dirt cheap"

Sounds like you don't understand what it takes to make orange gear. First off, 1 piece in 10 is on the low side. (I'd argue it's closer to 1 in 5) But hey, I'll go with your numbers.

You can make orange gear with, IIRC, ~10 grade 2 mats. I don't remember the exact numbers offhand, but grade 2 mats probably cost at most 50 credits per to get via missions, on average. Pretty sure I frequently see 'em on the GTN at around 23. (though again, it's been a LONG time since I've really dealt in grade 2 mats)

So each attempt is costing me at most 500 credits. 10 attempts would be 5000 credits.

Pretty sure 5000 credits still qualifies as dirt cheap.

Now, sure, supply/demand will increase the price above that "cost to make" figure. Let's look at demand first.

Each person will need quite a few of these... once. And only once. So, there will be pretty high demand at first.

Now, let's look at supply. It takes ~100 skill to make them. Takes < 3 minutes to craft an item in that skill range. Takes < 300 minutes to get enough skill to make them. That's a whopping 5 hours, assuming you just have the one crafting companion. (and are willing to buy mats)

People will be CHURNING these things out. The supply will be darn near unlimited.

Massive supply, high but *quickly* falling demand = little markeup.

SO, yeah. 5000 credits & minor markeup.

Still seems pretty much to fit the definition of "dirt cheap" to me. And I think that 5000 figure is about 4x the actual number, as crits are more like 1 in 5, and pretty sure grade 2 mats tend closer to 23 than 50.

I've specialized in implants in the lvl 40 range. I see most people charging between 15K and 30K for the 5-attribute purple implants so I decided to take over the market by selling the 6-attribute version for 10K. It feels like I'm getting between 1-2 mastercratfted versions of the implant for every 5 I make so I sell those for 15K. Total cost for making one of these implants is around 500 so that's a nice little profit and it adds up since I'm selling quite a few per day. I don't expcet this to change unless purple drops are becoming more frequent or vendors start selling equivalent implants cheaper.

In conclusion, I'm not worried since I've never made any money on the med packs anyway and the non-aug implants are my main source of income.

Edited by MidichIorian

I hope Bioware reconsiders supporting the reusable adrenal, else Biochem has really become an alt crew skill.

This!

Georg thanks for clarifying that we will still be getting augment slots on implants, but yeah, Biochem is losing value quickly on our main characters.

Ok a few this people are getting major wrong here in there posts.

1. Rakata stims are NOT the best stims in game anymore. Exotect are. Even though Rakata are reuseable. The thing people are failing to realize is that the Rakata stims were nerfed in a previous patch just the tool tip has not been updated yet. Your not getting what it says on that rakata. The exotecs on the other hand were not nerfed in stat and do give you the buff on them which is alittle higher then rakata now not much. I know it doesnt make sence but that is the way it is.

2. Yes biochems have alot of utiltiy at end game but if your paying attention there is a huge overpopulation of them on every server and therefore this whole money thing is quite bs. I dont know what servers you guys are on but on my server stuff doesnt sell for crap on AH because almost every guild has a few dedicated bichems making there medipacs and stims.

3. Every craft has extremely viable end game recipes especially in 1.2 while biochem basically get crapped on yet again. I understand the need to buff the other crafts but not at the expense of biochems. All this is doing is reversing the diagram now in 1.2 your going to have the other crafts being more desirable then biochem.

One thing I truely wish would return from the days of the first MMO'S and that is the fact there was alot less people with epeen envy. Most of todays games are being ruined because of a certain MMO which basically bottle fed everything to there base and changed there diapers everytime they cried about something.

I play with my mother. I know, I know.

She loves star wars, and saw me playing during beta. She became hooked. What can I say?

Actually, it has become good bonding time.

My problem is this: Being that this game has attracted so many long time gamers, and that I started on a PVP server, my 57 year old mother had one heck of a steep learning curve to fight. In order to turn the tables, I have slaved over working on 8 toons to get all the recepies to have best in slot gear for myself and my mother.

So far, it has worked out pretty good for our survivability, but it has taken forever to get enough credits to get the mats, and then reverse-engineering sometimes 30 blues to get any purple, let alone one that was appropriate for our builds.

After all of that slaving to build the gear, I could take pride that my hard work had payed off. After all, there aren't many players able to take on a pair of best-in-slot geared toons and their companions at any level. Yes, they exist, but there aren't many. Normally, we win.

By taking forever, I mean to say I started playing on Dec 13th, and my highest level toon is 35. I have played a couple hundred hours.

Now it seems BW is making it easier. All those hours I spent working to get an advantage, and now it's going to be easy. How would you feel if you had spent hundreds of thousands of credits to get the top red crystal for the dark character, and then did it all over for the light character only to have the dark/light restrictions removed?

I feel cheated out of my time. I worry that the hard working player no longer has a carrot. Crafting has become less meaningful.

If you think you have something to QQ about, maybe knowing you aren't me will make you feel better.

Bioware - please note that in every game I have played, crafting has been important to me. What I enjoy most is the component of sweat equity. Please don't make crafting the best stuff easy. Please find a way to reward the crafters who take pride in their work.

Edited by Mahashi

Armstech has literally zero utility or way to earn revenue since launch, NOTHING at all. You're complaining because you will have to make stims and sell them on the GTN and not have reusable items for yourself?

Please, perspective.

The correct solution to this is to buff Armstech, not nerf Biochem.

So make Biochem craft cheap so I can craft thousands and I mean thousands of medpacs and stims. Like manapots in Aion for example. I grind 1 full day, I leave my toon to craft all night, but I have 4k pots in the morning.

Sounds like you don't understand what it takes to make orange gear. First off, 1 piece in 10 is on the low side. (I'd argue it's closer to 1 in 5) But hey, I'll go with your numbers.

You can make orange gear with, IIRC, ~10 grade 2 mats. I don't remember the exact numbers offhand, but grade 2 mats probably cost at most 50 credits per to get via missions, on average. Pretty sure I frequently see 'em on the GTN at around 23. (though again, it's been a LONG time since I've really dealt in grade 2 mats)

So each attempt is costing me at most 500 credits. 10 attempts would be 5000 credits.

Pretty sure 5000 credits still qualifies as dirt cheap.

Now, sure, supply/demand will increase the price above that "cost to make" figure. Let's look at demand first.

Each person will need quite a few of these... once. And only once. So, there will be pretty high demand at first.

Now, let's look at supply. It takes ~100 skill to make them. Takes < 3 minutes to craft an item in that skill range. Takes < 300 minutes to get enough skill to make them. That's a whopping 5 hours, assuming you just have the one crafting companion. (and are willing to buy mats)

People will be CHURNING these things out. The supply will be darn near unlimited.

Massive supply, high but *quickly* falling demand = little markeup.

SO, yeah. 5000 credits & minor markeup.

Still seems pretty much to fit the definition of "dirt cheap" to me. And I think that 5000 figure is about 4x the actual number, as crits are more like 1 in 5, and pretty sure grade 2 mats tend closer to 23 than 50.

the problem with this assumption is you think people will be buying gear based entirely on its stats, and not including the look factor. getting particular pieces crit craft will change the relative value of each piece. while i agree they wont hold a very high amount of value, considering that current orange recipes are going for between 5k and 50k depending on what it looks like charging even 5 times those numbers will still leave you with a tidy profit that will have its place long term.

Don't forget that they are nerfing the need for medpacs too. Only one will be able to be used during an encounter. Less demand for those as well.

Less demand for the cheap, spammable, green medpacks. I expect the demand for the blue grade medpacks, one's with spike heal + HoT, to take their place.

the problem with this assumption is you think people will be buying gear based entirely on its stats, and not including the look factor.

Probably because that's true for the majority of players. I'll concede that there is a small subsection that will pay for a particular crafted look, but I rather suspect that sort of deal will be done "for hire".

• 2 weeks later...
Where does it say that you can no longer craft Implants with Augment slots?

Where does it even imply this? Does the post ever use the word "instead"? It doesn't say they will "instead" create an additional implant. It just says they create an additional implant. Where is the part about no longer having an Aug Slot?

Nvm that you can't make anything worth while except the infinite use med-packs, oh wait.

Items made are never as good as those you can get in game, so with this it is pointless.

Items made are never as good as those you can get in game, so with this it is pointless.

Once you have enough crit/power/surge from the other high end gear, the Columi augmented implants are slightly better than Rakata ones. You lose like 3 accuracy, 3 crit, 5 endurance but gain about 20 aim. (on the BH ones)