Why does everyone hate patch 1.2?

MasterDarvon

Hating on stauff is what antagonist attention junkies do. Personally, I think the patch is excellent and addresses many of the "quality of life" issues. Is it perfect? Nope. Is it eveything? Nope. Is it worthwhile? Depends on the person but for me it definitely is. LOVE the customizable UI.

You are correct sir!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it "fixes" a bunch of stuff that didn't need fixing.

Orly?

Because in reading the patch notes I see tons of stuff being fixed that needed fixing.

O I C..... you were takin a passive aggressive "nerf" jab or something like that, weren't you. :)

Hating on stauff is what antagonist attention junkies do. Personally, I think the patch is excellent and addresses many of the "quality of life" issues. Is it perfect? Nope. Is it eveything? Nope. Is it worthwhile? Depends on the person but for me it definitely is. LOVE the customizable UI.

This

I am looking forward to the patch as are most people.

Orly?

Because in reading the patch notes I see tons of stuff being fixed that needed fixing.

O I C..... you were takin a passive aggressive "nerf" jab or something like that, weren't you. :)

No, just giving my reason. Stuff like repeatable hard modes isn't something anyone asked for.

Well thanks for the big response first of all! Second, I'm not too hardcore so you must know that I'm far too lazy to read all the notes :p

I'm greatful to JohnathonCP for giving me the paraphrase I asked for in the way I imagined it.

I conclude the notes are mostly good but the process of hating is only natural. The only thing is the PVP why are people complaining about it?

I am hearing allot of controversy about game update 1.2 what is it all about? I hear something about pvp. To me, people seem pretty upset but I don't get why exactly. Could someone paraphrase to me the pros and cons of patch 1.2?

More expensive items + lower gold winnings = fail.

typical run to forum nerd rage and screaming i'm going to unsub. when they wont.

I'm not going to unsub, let me state that first of all.

However I did see the same qq about over nerfing everything in sight. The game was SWG and people DID leave in droves. Now, WoW did come out at the same time, and that was the nail. However, GW2 looks pretty polished... I'm going to be playing both till one grabs me more.

I am hearing allot of controversy about game update 1.2 what is it all about? I hear something about pvp. To me, people seem pretty upset but I don't get why exactly. Could someone paraphrase to me the pros and cons of patch 1.2?

Its a forum. The only things that get posted are complaints

I cant go back to my regular server now that I have played on PTS with 1.2. The UI alone is worth any of the negatives for me. The better textures are also awesome

You apparently don't play a scoundrel/operative then.

There's a lot of good and bad coming down the pipe.

The Good: New Op, FP, WZ; camera autoswivel fix; moddable endgame gear; class retuning; new GTN, lots of other stuff

The Bad: class retuning; old gear won't be moddable; the Legacy System (see sig); no more credits from WZs (forcing PVPers to PVE to earn credits)

Edited by RolyartNala

They really hyped it up to be the mother of all patches but anyone who knows how easy this game is (I have 2 fully geared level 50s in both PvP and PvE in under 4 months. Gear progression has ended for me... I caught the carrot at the end of the stick) aren't fooling themselves.

I know the content in the 1.2 patch is enough to hold you over for maybe on month, just enough for Diablo 3 to come out.

Legacy system is a complete joke. It's based on your Companions which you never use unless you're out on the planets (which you never are unless for dailies).

The new OPs was completed in 3 hours by a pug in NM mode. There goes the increase in difficulty they talked about... The devs are so clueless they were taking advice from the people who completed the PTR OPs... Don't you have an internal QA/QC team for that? Wow, just wow.

The new FP is being completed under 1 hour with little to no difficulty on HM.

The new WZ is just a re-hash of Alderaan.

The Rated WZs are the only positive aspect of 1.2 but since we're going to be in a "pre-season" stats don't matter that much.

The new sets in 1.2 for both PvE and PvP look horrible which make it difficult to justify getting that gear unless you do 16-man HM/NM where every boss is like a freakin' pinata and drops 16 pieces of loot then you'll get geared in about 2 weeks -- something I plan to do.

Aaaand... that's it.

Too little, too late.

Edited by lollermittens

The new OPs was completed in 3 hours by a pug in NM mode. There

I call COMPLETE ******** on that. Just today, I read a complehensive review on the new OP, where people took 1.5 hours to kill the first boss STORY mode, then they could not kill it hard mode

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=372036

Edited by JonathanCP

Only people who are affect by the nerf to their class don't like patch 1.2. However, every one knows that sor/sages using the hybrid specs were op. Actually, I don't mind a spec being op if the spec is very difficult to master in order to be slightly op. Sage and sorc with the hybrid spec don't qualify under difficult to master. Maybe if that spec was as complicated to play like old school warlocks in wow or warriors back when you had to stand dance and use a lot of macros and binds.