Combat logs and UI customization could use a couple more things

Chorusgirl

Combat Logs

It's great having these availible. I'm currently using the ACT plugin to check out what the logs are picking up and not picking up. There are a couple changes I'd like to see:

1. A better indication of over healing or effective healing in the combat logs

2. Sorc heals currently show up as belonging to the person that is affected by the spell and not as a heal (or prevention of damage) from the person that cast it.

UI Customization

First let me say that the way that the UI customization is set up on the 1.2 PTS is amazing. I love that I can now set everything up how I want it and can't wait for the rest of the swtor community to check these changes out. It is very easy to click on the boxes and then change around the size, opacity and flip things around. Well done. I would like to see:

1. The ability to resize debuffs on our raidframes, ability to hide certain buffs or all buffs.

2. An indicator as to which damage debuffs on the boss belong to me.

3. The ability to turn off the Portrait on my health bar, perhaps some more skins for our health bar.

4. Bar Snapping - allow us to easily stack our quickslot bars ontop of each other without painstakenly trying to line them up.

Guild Bank

Bug: The option to allow stacking does not work properly. I had one tab set to allow stack and the other to not allow stacking. The tab that was not allowing the stacking only had 1 withdraw per week. One of my raiders was able to move stuff around in that tab and make a stack of items without pulling them out.

Edited by Chorusgirl

Combat Logs

2. Sorc heals currently show up as belonging to the person that is affected by the spell and not as a heal (or prevention of damage) from the person that cast it.

1. The ability to resize debuffs on our raidframes, ability to hide certain buffs or all buffs.

3. The ability to turn off the Portrait on my health bar, perhaps some more skins for our health bar.

4. Bar Snapping - allow us to easily stack our quickslot bars ontop of each other without painstakenly trying to line them up.

^ these are the most important to me as well; Needs to happen ASAP.

2. An indicator as to which damage debuffs on the boss belong to me.

For me those 2 are the most important, being able to reliably track your own dots/debuffs and being able to track dispellable debuffs on your raid is a must have imho, especially if bioware plan on making operations much harder (which they have said they are).

I would love to see them add a way to dissable all buffs from the raid frames so it only shows debuffs and add a countdown timer, like they added for CD's, for your own dots and debuffs

IMHO this is the most important update that the new UI customization needs.

Also, being able to use the arrow keys to move a UI element for fine adjustments would be nice too.

Edited by iain_b

I miss the customization of grid (from wow) I like having visual indicators and being able to only show important stuff. I also like being able to add debuffs to your raidframes so we can tell who the heck needs dispelling. This was a huge pain in the butt on the first boss of the new raid encounter and we had people calling out when they were debuffed. This is not going to work out so well in 16 man.

We have a dispel/cure but it's hard to tell via raid frames who needs it.

I know it's overlooked, but I do a lot of healing in 2 and 3 person groups since we can't always find a proper four to do some of the heroic quests, and I would really love to be able to see companions in the Ops Frame, since I prefer to replace party frames with them.

All I want are my group's health bars in a single convenient location, and the game fails to deliver that in it's current state.

In traditional party frames, you've got your own unit frame on it's own, your companion by itself in the corner, and then the remaining party members with their companions along the left side of the screen.

That's 3 separate areas of my UI that I need to track just to heal two to three people and their companions.

Adding companions to the Ops Frame in small groups fixes all that.

IMHO this is the most important update that the new UI customization needs.

Also, being able to use the arrow keys to move a UI element for fine adjustments would be nice too.

This is what I was going to say. Using the cursor keys to move elements one pixel at a time would be a very nice addition.

I know it's overlooked, but I do a lot of healing in 2 and 3 person groups since we can't always find a proper four to do some of the heroic quests, and I would really love to be able to see companions in the Ops Frame, since I prefer to replace party frames with them.

All I want are my group's health bars in a single convenient location, and the game fails to deliver that in it's current state.

In traditional party frames, you've got your own unit frame on it's own, your companion by itself in the corner, and then the remaining party members with their companions along the left side of the screen.

That's 3 separate areas of my UI that I need to track just to heal two to three people and their companions.

Adding companions to the Ops Frame in small groups fixes all that.

This. All kinds of this. ('course, I didn't even realize that allies companions health shows up in the party frame, I've *always* just switched over to ops frame so my own and allies health are all together with a minimum of space being taken up)

Greetings,

We appreciate you taking the time to compile constructive feedback, but since this forum is for discussion of the current build on the Public Test Server, we're going to go ahead and close this thread. If you have specific suggestions, you might want to post in the Suggestion Box forum or perhaps join one of the following conversations:

Customize UI Feedback Thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=364009

Combat Log Format: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=371084

Thank you for your feedback!