Warning: Transferrable armoring and set bonuses only for new items!

Mephane

It'd be nice if people wouldn't WHINE so doggone much!

It's a game, it's an MMO. Talents change, gear changes, and there are fluctuations in what is liked and not liked by every individual in the community. Stop crying and acting like the sky is falling. Enjoy the game. If you don't enjoy the game, take your 'hard earned money' elsewhere. There are parts of the upcoming patch I like, I don't like, and parts I'm indifferent about. That is the cycle of an MMO. I didn't realize that so many 2 year old kids were literate and could write on the forums.

It's a game, enjoy it. If you don't, play another game or go outside.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just asking because this is typical MMO update format. I wasn't trying to troll honest.
No it's not...

example: In Aion I worked my *** off for a set of end game PvP gear. The gear was ugly and appearance could not be changed. But it was the best gear in game so I used it except in social situations.

1 months later a new update hits 2.0 with armor that made the armor I spent 8 months grinding and PvPing my face off for was obsolete because the new set had way better stats, looked better and the appearance could be changed.

yeah... that's not the problem that anyone is complaining about... you clearly have no idea what's being discussed here.

noone is complaining about having to earn new gear; people are complaining about a halfass implementation that skips 3 tiers of gear even though it fixes all of the gear lower than than those tiers and higher than those tiers.

Now don't get me wrong I do agree it would be great if we could add the stats to even low level orange gear.
You can... the new end game gear, the stuff that's better than the tio/col/rak gear will allow you to do that.

the tio/col/rak gear will continue to be broken.

So you could look at it with a somewhat selfish pov because you want to use armor you either already have acquired or easy to acquire low level gear.
That's the dev intent: to allow people to use orange gear and the mods from end game gear.

they're just doing a halfass implementation of that that makes it so that it works for everything except for the tio/col/rak gear. It works for purple gear that's lower level. It works for purple gear that's higher tier than tio/col/rak. It just won't work for tio/col/rak gear.

But from a game economic stand point it makes perfect sense to do it the way they did.
not in the slightest. Edited by ferroz

It'd be nice if people wouldn't WHINE so doggone much!
Who's whining?

It's a game, enjoy it. If you don't, play another game or go outside.
I'll continue expecting high quality work from the devs and calling them out when they don't produce it, if it's all the same to you.

No it's not...

yeah... that's not the problem that anyone is complaining about... you clearly have no idea what's being discussed here.

Odd seems to me every one is talking about how they cant use there current end game gears stats in oranges only the new sets in 1.2 New sets being better than the old sets and/or having new features the others don't is common. You can tell me I'm wrong but you know you would be lying.

noone is complaining about having to earn new gear; people are complaining about a halfass implementation that skips 3 tiers of gear even though it fixes all of the gear lower than than those tiers and higher than those tiers.

No you are complaining about how you now have to get the new gear if you want to use the new feature to swap the mods into an orange set. You want to use the new feature grind out the new armor.

You can... the new end game gear, the stuff that's better than the tio/col/rak gear will allow you to do that.

Oh even better then I thought! wow now I really do not get why all the complaining.

the tio/col/rak gear will continue to be broken.

The tio/col/rak gear is not broken. That is simply your opinion.

That's the dev intent: to allow people to use orange gear and the mods from end game gear.

So stop complaining and get ready to grind out the requirements for the new gear and stop your QQing

they're just doing a halfass implementation of that that makes it so that it works for everything except for the tio/col/rak gear. It works for purple gear that's lower level. It works for purple gear that's higher tier than tio/col/rak. It just won't work for tio/col/rak gear.

So what if they wish to keep the old top tier gear intact. I like the battle master set my self. Opinions are opinions.

not in the slightest.

Again opinions are opinions. You may not think that it will be economically good for people like me who craft armor but I think you are wrong. I plan to craft gear to sell for people to use to change how they look with the new features. Think what ever you want but I will make money and so will others like me. I have been playing MMO's since Ultima. I know how this works and I know how MMO market trends work.

Edited by TheRainstater

I'll continue expecting high quality work from the devs and calling them out when they don't produce it, if it's all the same to you.

Expecting high quality of work is different from a misunderstanding of what was thought to be be included in the game vs what isn't going to be. Craftsmanship vs communication skills.

Edited by Ozzian

I like an independent appearance tab because I can change my look at will. I do not have to spend a fortune taking out mods and putting them in new gear just to change my appearance.

Quoted for TRUTH! Please BioWare, get rid of orange gear & use a-tabs.

Odd seems to me every one is talking about how they cant use there current end game gears stats in oranges only the new sets in 1.2
So? That has nothing to do with new gear. It's simply complaining about them not following through with the implementation as they said they would during the summit.

No you are complaining about how you now have to get the new gear if you want to use the new feature to swap the mods into an orange set.
Nope, I'm not complaining about that at all. Please learn to read.

You want to use the new feature grind out the new armor.
The new armor is irrelevant.

I'm pointing out that requiring people to choose between

• skipping over tio/col/rak gear
  • not looking like they want

is a half *** solution.

Oh even better then I thought! wow now I really do not get why all the complaining.
Because they skipped 3 arbitrary tiers of gear, which doesn't make any sense; seems pretty clear to me.

The tio/col/rak gear is not broken. That is simply your opinion.
Sure it is; orange gear is bioware's implementation of an appearance tab, to allow people to look like what they want to without impacting their stats. Tio/col/rak gear is broken because it cannot be used in their appearance system without a loss of stats. That is fact. Not opinion.

So stop complaining and get ready to grind out the requirements for the new gear and stop your QQing
No, I'll continue complaining about the halfass implementation that prevents people from looking like they want to without taking a performance hit as they progress though tionese, columi and rakata gear. I think that the people who are just now starting to earn that level of gear deserve to be able to look like they want to without taking a performance hit.

So what if they wish to keep the old top tier gear intact. I like the battle master set my self. Opinions are opinions.
Did you have a point with this?

You may not think that it will be economically good for people like me who craft armor but I think you are wrong.
No, it'll be bad for you, because a significant portion of the 62% of the level 50 population that hasn't stepped foot in an op will use the tio/col/rak gear instead of your orange items.

I plan to craft gear to sell for people to use to change how they look with the new features.
Likewise.

Think what ever you want but I will make money and so will others like me.
Sure, you'll just make less money than if they were to do a non-halfass implementation, since your market would be larger, which raises demand. You either make more from volume, or more from higher prices, or both.

I understand the crit/aug gear thing and I knew I'd have to go out and get my hands on some new stuff but what does this mean?

Does this mean my collection of matched custom BH suits I have sitting in my bank are worthless? I know they wouldnt magicaly get an Aug slot but I had planned on stripping my poodo looking BH BM gear pieces and fitting out one of my cooler Orange sets...

This is now a no go eh?

Man...just seems like they keep aiming in the right direction then shut off the lights when pulling the trigger.

I can see where it probably would've been a large task to retrofit all existing sets to accomidate the new 1.2 system but still...it's the suck now.

Expecting high quality of work is different from a misunderstanding of what was thought to be be included in the game vs what isn't going to be. Craftsmanship vs communication skills.
in this case, they fail on both fronts: poor quality and poor communication.

1st, this seems like a real cheap way for BW to make everyone grind more time in the game.

If they can change the stats on the mods in the current rakata gear people have, they could have the set bonuses change over with the armor mod.

Sounds like someone from the art department is behind this. As they are mad that no one likes the look of the old or new tier gear, and they want to keep you using it as long as they can.

I would like to know if this is going to effect all rakata gear, including pieces that are obtained after 1.2, or just those pieces that people currently have.

Edited by Flying-Brian

1st, this seems like a real cheap way for BW to make everyone grind more time in the game.

If they can change the stats on the mods in the current rakata gear people have, they could have the set bonuses change over with the armor mod.

Sounds like someone from the art department is behind this. As they are mad that no one likes the look of the old or new tier gear, and that want to keep you using it as long as they can.

I would like to know if this is going to effect all rakata gear, including pieces that are obtained after 1.2, or just those pieces that people currently have.

here you better wear this for protection

*passes tin foil hat*

You're right, OP. I hadn't considered that this would be a problem, because I assumed Bioware wouldn't be so stupid as to not make our current items transferable.

What a load of crap. If you have some garbage "well we can't modify items in people's inventories!" excuse, put in a temporary vendor that lets you trade existing Rakata/Battlemaster/whatever gear for "1.2" versions of it that are transferable.

It's just one botch after another with you, eh Bioware?

You're right, OP. I hadn't considered that this would be a problem, because I assumed Bioware wouldn't be so stupid as to not make our current items transferable.

What a load of crap. If you have some garbage "well we can't modify items in people's inventories!" excuse, put in a temporary vendor that lets you trade existing Rakata/Battlemaster/whatever gear for "1.2" versions of it that are transferable.

It's just one botch after another with you, eh Bioware?

It's totally doable to change the stats and functionality of existing gear. It's done all the time.

It's totally doable to change the stats and functionality of existing gear. It's done all the time.
indeed; it should be cake

that should be dead simple for them to roll out:

• before the patch: purple item with X mod and Y enhancement (may have been replaced by the player)
  • after the patch: purple item with X mod and Y enhancement (may have been replaced by the player), and Z armoring, set bonus tied to the armoring.

there goes my plan to switch out my snail-eyes PVP BH helm...

I generally love this game but this is...an outrage.

The "good" news about the possibility to transfer my BM fugly supercommando gear into the lvl40 orange "boba fett" like gear was something i reaaaaaaaaally looked forward to.

1.2 will bring alot of cool stuff, just not "that" thing -.-

Edited by janne_josefsson

that's what it looks like. That's the behavior that the people playing on PTS are reporting, and that agrees with what the wording that dev's are posting now, and the way that I've interpreted those words.

Sure, it's possible that the current PTS behavior is a bug, and that they are actually going to all of the extra work to make it so that your current endgame gear can't transfer it's set bonus but if you acquire the same pieces again after 1.2 it will allow you to move the set bonus... but that seems kind of far fetched to me.

... and the answer has been given:

Hey, some answers.

1. Yes, we have updated the stat distribution on Rakata gear with 1.2.

2. If you have not modified your gear, it will seamlessly update the mods inside when you log into the game the first time after the patch has been applied.

3. If you have modified your gear, it will retain any changes you have made. Any mods you didn't change out will update.

4. Restoring the original mods into the item, before 1.2, will cause them to upgrade at the time of the patch.

The problem, of course, is that if you hand modified your gear, we ultimately have no way of knowing what your intention was. Maybe you wanted to use the mod you removed somewhere else, maybe you just wanted to replace it. We cannot make any assumption as to the intention of individual users when modding the item, preventing us from upgrading already modified items post fact.

TL;DR: Any 'original' mod in an updated item will upgrade with the patch. Any 'foreign' mod added to an item will be left untouched.

Hope that answers your questions.

just making sure folks in here heard about what went on here

... and the answer has been given:

just making sure folks in here heard about what went on here

that doesn't really have anything to do with the post of mine that you quoted.

I mean, we know they're going to update mods in a selective fashion, but that doesn't say anything about the armoring.

Have you checked out PTS??? It is possible to move the armoring on old gear. However the set bonus does not move with it. You should update your OP/title to just clarify its the set bonus.

It bothers me if they dont fix it.... but in the long run its not a big deal.

that doesn't really have anything to do with the post of mine that you quoted.

I mean, we know they're going to update mods in a selective fashion, but that doesn't say anything about the armoring.

when he says "mods", he's talking all things able to be modded, including armor. it seems as though he's answering my initial post that provoked your repsonse that i had quoted.

I'm going to add my voice to the long list of people left feeling mislead on this.

One decent patch in 3 months isn't acceptable in general, even less so when you're putting out ambiguous future features to sucker people into hanging around longer. The armour sets in this game are easily some of the ugliest I've seen (*** are the consular hats all about?). I know people who left the game because of this, others have been waiting for 1.2 so they could put together something they aren't ashamed of wearing.

I don't see why they don't place trade-in vendors to replace the old gear with post-1.2 gear so we can butcher them instead.

Poor show Bioware, just prior to the 3month sub renewal date too (2days til my sb runs out). :rolleyes:

Edited by Kai-Ying