Smuggler vs Operative

SolArachne

Guild decided to switch to Republic as Empire seems overcrowded all over. I was all set with a spec for Operative and everything.

The skill tree seems to be the same. Does this mean I can use the same spec I was going or are there things that differ with the Scoundrel I should know? I was going Concealment spec on Operative so that equates to Scrapper here it looks like.

Looking to go mostly DPS with a little healing and a PvP build.

Thanks for any input!

~Sun

Republic/Empire classes are mirrors. There are always those who claim animation differences extend beyond the global cooldown (thus impacting you on a practical level), but I have never really seen that to be true. I imagine all it takes is a few seconds for a Dev to look at whatever field they have in the code that times any given animation length, to see if that's true or not, so my guess is it's all in people's heads. Though, I admit, devs have been known to be too stupid to do this (*cough*Funcom*cough*), so I suppose there is a possibility that the animators for SWTOR weren't told to keep their animations within a set length.

Don't forget scoundrels get to kick people in the balls all day long. It's unfathomable Smuggler is the least played class.

*edit* I'm a double-posting nub.

That is the reason I became a scoundrel. So I can kick people in the balls all day.

Screw those force users.

They can go in the closet with glow-in-the-dark condoms and have a lightsaber battle for all I care.

I dunno about that. Most of the Children went Sith because they want to be Darth Maul.

Republic is where it is at for now. Especially if you want a challenge in PvP.

I like to think only 'children' make sweeping generalizations like this with a straight face.

Yeah, I'm not a dedicated star wars fan. So when it comes to jedis, troopers, and smugglers I'm aesthetically indifferent. I just looked for something that suited the play style I'm gonna be using and it just so happened to be the scoundrel :p. I told myself I wouldn't play anymore rogue-ish classes after daoc, but I think its been long enough.. too long.. :cool:

I have a theory that once we get a combat log, we may find one class is more powerful than the other (this is true with all). In this case, some of our abilities hit multiple times while rifles hit harder. It's like on the SWG Smuggler forum when the number-crunchers revealed that Pistol attacks were blocked for a higher chance than Rifle attacks, making Rifles more powerful. If this is true in TOR like it was in the Original Star Wars MMO, it won't stop us here either.