So our counter class is Marauder?

Kadherty

GG ....

All i see these days in PvP is Marauders and they are made for killing Gunslingers. We also have most trouble with Tank/Assassin but who isn't.

We are counter to Sorcerers I guess but not sure

can someone post what classes are counters to what classes?

Thank you

I always thought stealth operatives were our counter just because we prefer to be by ourselves behind the pack or up on some ledge, making it easy for them to jump and kill us and not face retaliation from our teammates.

I find myself even with marauders, where it just depends on who gets the jump on the other.

I always thought stealth operatives were our counter just because we prefer to be by ourselves behind the pack or up on some ledge, making it easy for them to jump and kill us and not face retaliation from our teammates.

I find myself even with marauders, where it just depends on who gets the jump on the other.

aye if a stealth gets the jump (more of a sin tank then anything) we're kind boned.

The closest thing we have to a counter is a tank spec'd/dps geared assassin/shadow (anytime) or Op (that gets the jump on us). Also, it depends on the spec. With Dirty Fighting, anything that can cleanse your dots, so Op, assassin, merc healers (merc dps should be an even fight at least, if you're not out in the open just firing at eachother). For Sharpshooter, anything tanky or has +deflect chance cooldowns, juggs, powertech (tank spec), assassins again. Marauders are just strong overall because their defensive cooldowns are amazing. Edited by durvas

The closest thing we have to a counter is a tank spec'd/dps geared assassin/shadow (anytime) or Op (that gets the jump on us). Also, it depends on the spec. With Dirty Fighting, anything that can cleanse your dots, so Op, assassin, merc healers (merc dps should be an even fight at least, if you're not out in the open just firing at eachother). For Sharpshooter, anything tanky or has +deflect chance cooldowns, juggs, powertech (tank spec), assassins again. Marauders are just strong overall because their defensive cooldowns are amazing.

consulars can't cleanse techdots but yeah scoundrels and commando's can.

Then you're doing it wrong, because it's the other way around.

Just tell me best spec for killing marauders...

once they knock you out of cover game over.

so tell me how do you kill marauder 1 on 1 and don't tell me you crit them for 5k without SS of WZ end highest hit

Just tell me best spec for killing marauders...

once they knock you out of cover game over.

so tell me how do you kill marauder 1 on 1 and don't tell me you crit them for 5k without SS of WZ end highest hit

Any spec really. You just need to know to use Hunker down, pulse, dirty kick/flash nade, leg shot.

Depending on what spec you are, if a marauder tries to 1v1 you and has all his cooldowns up, the fight is pretty strong in his favor if you let him. However if they don't have their cooldowns up, they can be pretty squishy if you can get burst off on them. What I tend to do is use your knockbacks and leg shots and burst him down until his resolve bar empties the first time (at this point he will have used all his CD's and both of you are most likely low on health) and either re-CC him and start kiting to a more favorable position or break combat completely and heal, then jump back and kill him, even if he has healed up as well he won't have CDs.

remember cloak of pain only lasts for 6 secs (refreshes if you attack him) so i kite him for 6 secs. Unending rage or w/e is only 5 secs. And if he pops deflection just run. But if you legshot cc him and pulse you should be able to burst him down. Like gunslingers, maraudars are super squishy.

GG ....

All i see these days in PvP is Marauders and they are made for killing Gunslingers. We also have most trouble with Tank/Assassin but who isn't.

We are counter to Sorcerers I guess but not sure

can someone post what classes are counters to what classes?

Thank you

Actually we're the hard counter for marauders/sentinels if specced into SS. Aim shot knockback, pulse, leg shot, flash, nut kick, hunker down, accuracy debuff, dodge, bubble? You almost never run out of ways to keep a marauder's melee off of you enough to burst them down. It's a tough fight if everyone's cooldowns are up, but they are definitely not our counter.

From what I hear in guild chat, our Marauders dislike Snipers and Gunslingers the most of any class. If you think about it, we have a cooldown for every cooldown they can use. Most of the time it will depend who has which cooldown up however. If they use a defense then use your Root, Knockback, or Mez. Edited by Ayestes

Actually we're the hard counter for marauders/sentinels if specced into SS. Aim shot knockback, pulse, leg shot, flash, nut kick, hunker down, accuracy debuff, dodge, bubble? You almost never run out of ways to keep a marauder's melee off of you enough to burst them down. It's a tough fight if everyone's cooldowns are up, but they are definitely not our counter.

Except you can only use two of those knockbacks/stuns on him before his resolve fills then he stays on you.

Except you can only use two of those knockbacks/stuns on him before his resolve fills then he stays on you.

I didn't mean that you can use them all in one fight. Just that I've almost always had something up to help push a dualie away from me / avoid their melee damage long enough to burst them down.

He should be dead by one pushback and legshot. Blow your defensive CD's when he gets close to you. It's really a CD fight between the 2 classes.

I'm 99% sure the mirror classes are as follows:

Smuggler <---> Imperial Agent (Gunslinger<-->Sniper) (Scoundrel<-->Operative)

Trooper <---> Bounty Hunter (Vanguard<--Powertech) (Commando<-->Mercenary)

Jedi Knight <---> Sith Warrior (Sentinel<-->Marauder) (Guardian<-->Juggernaut)

Jedi Consular <---> Sith Inquisitorm (Sage<-->Sorcerer) (Shadow<-->Assassin)

I could be wrong, but that's just off the cuff ;)

I keep seeing the counter phrase being tossed around for those two classes. Honestly I have never had much trouble killing sent/mara with my operative. Shadows give me much more trouble frankly and specific merc/trooper builds.

Hell maybe it's just good players is all. I steam roll 90% of players then BAM! hit someone who is a nightmare ... God bless 'em.

With the current PvP content "hard counters" and 1v1 in general don't matter much either way.

If I'm in open field with no ******** LOS obstacles, don't have to care about objectives or teammates and know someone is coming for me I can take pretty much anyone, barring a Pyro PT getting lucky on the RNG.

That's not a situation I find myself in, like, ever though.