Amount of Shadows/Assassins in WZs now

oceansofmars

Sages were considered OP so they rolled > then got smashed by marauders so they rolled > while levelling a marauder they got smashed by a Gunslingers> > etc etc

Not necessarily accurate but that’s usually how I picture population shifts.

A large number of people tend to seek the one class that beats all. Personally I show favouritism to my first character created. Put a lot of hours into my sniper and still loving it. Fads be damned

Edited by Kalliadies

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sages were considered OP so they rolled > then got smashed by marauders so they rolled > while levelling a marauder they got smashed by a Gunslingers> > etc etc

Not necessarily accurate but that’s usually how I picture population shifts.

A large number of people tend to seek the one class that beats all.

Patch notes cause population shifts far more noticably than that, imo.

Patch notes cause population shifts far more noticably than that, imo.

Which is also funny

most poeple dont really understand the patch notes. They see "changing my class" omgwtf >overreact > that class got buffed Im going there.

Edited by Kalliadies

Which is funny because most poeple dont really understand the patch notes. They see "changing" my class omgwtf >overreact > that class got buffed Im going there.

It's true. I got lucky, actually, as I had rolled both a Mara and Sin about a week prior to the patch notes being released. I just wanted to learn how to beat my hard counters as a Pyro PT.

I may actually stick w/ the Sin, as I like having more buttons to push than on my PT, and I missed the Force Speed from when I was playing my Sorc.

I do miss my PT's damage when I'm trying to take down a healer, though. <.<

This thread seems oddly familiar...

Oh I remember now, it's just like one of those "NERF ROGUES THEY'RE OP!!!1" threads that proliferate on the WoW forums years ago. People never change.

Learn to deal with assassins/shadows and understand the fact that they're beatable, or just quit the game.

Rogues have almost always been OP in WoW....

In Vanilla they were CRAZY. Best vid is the naked rogue take out a rank 14 warrior. World of Roguecraft

Assassins/shadows have nothing on rogues from WoW but they're still a bit OP. Not much, just a bit. The only thing I might do is make their vanish unusable in tank stance. That would pretty much fix them.

In Vanilla they were CRAZY. Best vid is the naked rogue take out a rank 14 warrior. World of Roguecraft

Assassins/shadows have nothing on rogues from WoW but they're still a bit OP. Not much, just a bit. The only thing I might do is make their vanish unusable in tank stance. That would pretty much fix them.

So they're OP once every 3 minutes, not because they killed you, but because they ran away from you? <.<

Edited by Varicite

It's true. I got lucky, actually, as I had rolled both a Mara and Sin about a week prior to the patch notes being released. I just wanted to learn how to beat my hard counters as a Pyro PT.

I may actually stick w/ the Sin, as I like having more buttons to push than on my PT, and I missed the Force Speed from when I was playing my Sorc.

Yeah. My main is a sniper and I will always play him as my main. However as per my habit, I play all the classes so I understand them (Know your enemy)

I have had a blast on every character I have played and they all feel OP in their own way (even operatives)

Not saying that I understand the implications of the patch notes completely (you need to play it and attempt adaption first), but I didn’t really see anything that looked *upsetting. Actually I was quite happy with everything for all of my toons.

Edited by Kalliadies

Yeah for me (Shadow) those Missile spamming bastards and those pew pew kneelers are pain in the ***. Why didn't anyone complain about them? Should I start one?

Edited by matekwong

So they're OP once every 3 minutes, not because they killed you, but because they ran away from you? <.<

Dude, I play one. When I play my VG (assault spec is soooo OP) I know how to fight them.

Take vanish away from tank spec and most of the complaints will go away, just watch. Also it's the only survivability nerf they could do without it hitting PvE.

Sometimes it's just that simple. People don't like having someone who take so long to kill get away after all the effort they put into it.

The other thing they could do is make harnessed darkness take 4-5 stacks to get to full bonus. This hurts in PvE as well though.

Once every 3 minutes is also deceiving. Unless I'm playing a crazy, crazy WZ vanish is pretty much always up when I need it.

Dude, I play one. When I play my VG (assault spec is soooo OP) I know how to fight them.

Take vanish away from tank spec and most of the complaints will go away, just watch. Also it's the only survivability nerf they could do without it hitting PvE.

Sometimes it's just that simple. People don't like having someone who take so long to kill get away after all the effort they put into it.

The other thing they could do is make harnessed darkness take 4-5 stacks to get to full bonus. This hurts in PvE as well though.

Once every 3 minutes is also deceiving. Unless I'm playing a crazy, crazy WZ vanish is pretty much always up when I need it.

I also play one, and a PT (Pyro spec is sooo OP), I'm learning how to fight them. : )

I agree that it is sometimes that simple, though most people would never care to admit it.

I get what you're saying about not hitting PvE, but what people are really upset about is getting hit by Tankasins in DPS gear. If they want that to be fixed, they should talk to BW about making tanking stats useful for PvP, since that is really the only way to fix this issue.

People will wear whatever gear they feel like, and currently, there's almost 0 downside to not having any tanking stats in PvP whatsoever. And of course, in PvP, more damage is always going to be a welcome addition.

It would impact PvE for me, actually. But if people have that much of a problem with it, just put a DoT on the Assassin. Then they either have to 1) keep Force Shroud in their pocket which takes it out of the fight or 2) they can't use Force Cloak and get away, since the DoT will just pop them. Either way, a win for the DoTer. It's amazing how playing smart can reduce the effectiveness of all these abilities people complain about, isn't it?

Take away stealth while they are in tank stance? Are you high? Stealth is the point of the dang class.

Bottom line, I am not an avid pvp player. I am not a warzone educator, I play for fun. I rerolled a shadow cause i heard they are pretty beast. At lvl 16 I am doing 100k dmg and 10-15k healing to myself. I can solo fight someone thats lvl 39 and beat them at lvl 16. I can get the jump on someone, be in a tank spec that heals me and decreases greatly the amount of dmg I take, and I can cc and sprint out of danger all at lvl 16. I won't play another class pvp wise now. There isn't a point.

Would you purposely choose a slower car in a race? No, who would do that? I chose the Lamborghini Murcielago that is compared to a bunch of Camaro's, Firebirds, Chargers, and....a Pinto (Pinto is the Jedi Guardian spec). So if I want to win the race, I'm going to pick the fastest car. If I want to win in warzones, I'm going to pick the strongest class/spec. I have other toons of course. I have tried a Guardian, got him to fifty, got him to BM, got him BM gear, and he is still nothing tank wise in pvp. I cant kill anyone with him, I can move around in huttball well and take a fair amount of dmg while I have cd's available to me. Once those are down, I'm pretty much SoL.

I am only lvl 17 with my shadow and find it amazingly gratifying. I can solo classes 20-30 levels higher than me. I know they even the stats and HP out, but even still, I feel like a bad *** when I play it. I hope they dont get a nerf, cause everything else has been nerfed. Hell, guardians came into the game pre nerfed lol. I want to be on the handle end of the hammer now. I started building my Murcielago and I'm not turning back......unless they nerf them too that is. ; )

Now I'm not trying to say Shadow isn't fun. On the contrary, it's my favorite class. But I would caution you not to compare 1-49 pvp with 50 pvp. Different classes mature at different rates and the squishy classes seem much, much squishier under 50 than they do at 50 once they get some gear.

Yeah.. don't compare this at all really. At level 11 Vanguard I ruled Wzs easy even without any skills. You are maxed out in the balancing as you have the best armor and weapon compared to what you class is. The PvP is harder if you don't keep getting new equipment and it is hard to do in some of the middle levels since there is no economy to speak of.

Thus I do OK in WZs but nothing compared to low levels, even with all the added skills, as my equipment is too low a level. At 50 it levels out, and realistically when they add more medals the premium medal classes should level out some more as well. Anyone with guard gets an easy 2 or 3 medals for that, and so it seems better, where it is not always so. I have had great success as a healer and DPS sage as well, and have peeps who do well in every class. Some are quicker, easier, more seductive.. but all can be powerful!

Bottom line, I am not an avid pvp player. I am not a warzone educator, I play for fun. I rerolled a shadow cause i heard they are pretty beast. At lvl 16 I am doing 100k dmg and 10-15k healing to myself. I can solo fight someone thats lvl 39 and beat them at lvl 16. I can get the jump on someone, be in a tank spec that heals me and decreases greatly the amount of dmg I take, and I can cc and sprint out of danger all at lvl 16. I won't play another class pvp wise now. There isn't a point.

Would you purposely choose a slower car in a race? No, who would do that? I chose the Lamborghini Murcielago that is compared to a bunch of Camaro's, Firebirds, Chargers, and....a Pinto (Pinto is the Jedi Guardian spec). So if I want to win the race, I'm going to pick the fastest car. If I want to win in warzones, I'm going to pick the strongest class/spec. I have other toons of course. I have tried a Guardian, got him to fifty, got him to BM, got him BM gear, and he is still nothing tank wise in pvp. I cant kill anyone with him, I can move around in huttball well and take a fair amount of dmg while I have cd's available to me. Once those are down, I'm pretty much SoL.

I am only lvl 17 with my shadow and find it amazingly gratifying. I can solo classes 20-30 levels higher than me. I know they even the stats and HP out, but even still, I feel like a bad *** when I play it. I hope they dont get a nerf, cause everything else has been nerfed. Hell, guardians came into the game pre nerfed lol. I want to be on the handle end of the hammer now. I started building my Murcielago and I'm not turning back......unless they nerf them too that is. ; )

Wow you do my class no justice.

This is the worst PVP community ever, WoW looks amazing compared to this.

Just skimming through this thread makes me never want to log in ever again.

Basically this entire thread boils down to:

"OPS GOT NERFED FOR DOING X AMOUNT OF DAMAGE, SHADOWS DO X TIMES 2 SO THEY SHOULD BE NERFED BY 50%"

"SORCS WERE NERFED SO UM, YEAH NERF SHADOWS!1!11!"

"A SHADOW HIT ME FOR A BILLION DAMAGE IN ONE SHOT, IF YOU CANT DO THAT THEN OBVIOUSLY UR NOT GOOD CUZ SKILL HAS AN EFFECT ON HOW MUCH DAMAGE YOUR ABILITIES DO!1!! SO L2P1!111!"

Makes me sick. Even if they nerf shadows, these kids will just jump to another class that appears strong until everything is nerfed into the ground, all utility stripped away and homogenized and the game is just flat out boring. That's exactly what happened to wow and it seems the same crew is here

This is the worst PVP community ever, WoW looks amazing compared to this.

Just skimming through this thread makes me never want to log in ever again.

Basically this entire thread boils down to:

"OPS GOT NERFED FOR DOING X AMOUNT OF DAMAGE, SHADOWS DO X TIMES 2 SO THEY SHOULD BE NERFED BY 50%"

"SORCS WERE NERFED SO UM, YEAH NERF SHADOWS!1!11!"

"A SHADOW HIT ME FOR A BILLION DAMAGE IN ONE SHOT, IF YOU CANT DO THAT THEN OBVIOUSLY UR NOT GOOD CUZ SKILL HAS AN EFFECT ON HOW MUCH DAMAGE YOUR ABILITIES DO!1!! SO L2P1!111!"

Makes me sick. Even if they nerf shadows, these kids will just jump to another class that appears strong until everything is nerfed into the ground, all utility stripped away and homogenized and the game is just flat out boring. That's exactly what happened to wow and it seems the same crew is here

I agree. Your statement is reinforced by the fact that Kinetic Combat is the worst tank in PvE and all of the problems incumbent on it from that environment translate to PvP (terrible static damage reduction, terrible defensive cooldowns, terrible offensive cooldowns, no good emergency buttons, a primary "mitigation" mechanic that scales terribly -- self-healing, etc.).

The problem we are seeing is arising from the fact that so many people have re-rolled into FotM Sentinels/Marauders, which is a class that Kinetic Combat/Darkness eats alive. Sents/Maras have very, very few methods of stopping the Telekinetic Throw/Force Lightning channel and the only decent defensive cooldown that the Shadow/Assassin has (50% increased defense) actually WORKS against Sents/Maras.

So all these re-rolls are crying about their counterclass now -- a class they used to destroy on their Sages/Sorcs and Scrappers/Operatives -- and they think the class has somehow been significantly buffed or changed. In reality there has been only one significant buff: Slow Time/Wither adds a stack of Harnessed Shadows/Darkness. Every other change has been either a nerf (Spinning Kick, Particle Acceleration) or a sidegrade (Combat Technique).

Playing against half a team+ of dudes that can just disappear when things go a little south isn't all that fun for the pvpers that are out in the open and at risk at all times. But this will be the case with a few class stacks, like groups with 4 decent healers on both sides aren't that fun either.

The trend I've seen in this game is tons of guardians/warriors at launch, then tons of sages/wizards with more commandos/mercs showing up, and recently there has definitely been an increase in darth mauls for some time now.

Like one guy said though, many of them may just be operatives rerolling. In addition to that most of the people that play stealth classes as more than a change of pace are fairly pvp oriented, atleast that's the case in every other game I've played.

Our realm must be waaaaaay ahead of most realms we had our sin tank deal about 2 weeks ago.Now everyone is PT because the flame moves still hit sins when they use thier Def cooldowns.

plus you can get burst crit back to back railshots so now all our sin tanks are getting owned what few are left.

Not sure whats going kill PT's tho ppl might be going back to TM and mercs lol.I think my realm has gone full circle now.

I agree. Your statement is reinforced by the fact that Kinetic Combat is the worst tank in PvE and all of the problems incumbent on it from that environment translate to PvP (terrible static damage reduction, terrible defensive cooldowns, terrible offensive cooldowns, no good emergency buttons, a primary "mitigation" mechanic that scales terribly -- self-healing, etc.).

The problem we are seeing is arising from the fact that so many people have re-rolled into FotM Sentinels/Marauders, which is a class that Kinetic Combat/Darkness eats alive. Sents/Maras have very, very few methods of stopping the Telekinetic Throw/Force Lightning channel and the only decent defensive cooldown that the Shadow/Assassin has (50% increased defense) actually WORKS against Sents/Maras.

So all these re-rolls are crying about their counterclass now -- a class they used to destroy on their Sages/Sorcs and Scrappers/Operatives -- and they think the class has somehow been significantly buffed or changed. In reality there has been only one significant buff: Slow Time/Wither adds a stack of Harnessed Shadows/Darkness. Every other change has been either a nerf (Spinning Kick, Particle Acceleration) or a sidegrade (Combat Technique).

Sent/mara players have successfully gotten both operatives and sorcs nerfed now, and themselves buffed yet again. If they're targeting assassins/shadows with their whining, then 1.2.1 is going to come down the pipes with crippling assassin/shadow nerfs. It's a pattern.