Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

BioWare, will you please address universal hatred of your SWTOR armor?

Tricky-Ha

To the OP, might I suggest the next time you start a thread, choose better words or find yourself being the target and not your intent.

Universal? No. Next time use words like "some", "many", "considerable" or "a lot" whatever. It prevents people from focusing on that one word and ignoring your concern. I found that out the hard way on many other forums I visit that it doesn't give the opposition (whoever they are) an easy way to derail your thread and troll you.

Thanks for advice, but it's all good. I'm not interested in discussion from any more forum members of what they think looks good ingame or not, all I want with this thread is to hear what BioWare has to say on the subject of the playerbase's perception of the looks of BioWare's armor in TOR.

Thanks for advice, but it's all good. I'm not interested in discussion from any more forum members of what they think looks good ingame or not, all I want with this thread is to hear what BioWare has to say on the subject of the playerbase's perception of the looks of BioWare's armor in TOR.

No offense, but go back and read again what you just typed from a third person viewpoint. You posted this on the general forum FYI.

Noted & I said as much in the OP for this thread. I know I can't include absoltely everyone in the hatred, but that's not the point of the thread anyways. This "broad, generalized, near-universal" hatred of endgame gear should be talked about from BioWare's point of view. It's time to hear them respond to the hypothetical number I'm inventing that states that some 88% of all SWTOR players hate the looks of endgame gear, while it's just you & Monkeygryphon that compromise the other percent that love it. :p

Did you poll 1.7 million people to draw this conclusion? I doubt it bud.

"I have no problem with the armor. I think it looks great. You are not speaking for everyone I think you are trolling. Come back to WoW."

This is an example of troll comments you will get. From the hundreads of unsatisfied people there will be a few that will try to convince us that we´re wrong and don´t speak for everyone. But in reality, those "everyone" are two guys lacking any sense of aesthetics.

Did you poll 1.7 million people to draw this conclusion? I doubt it bud.

Right now ingame, is your player character even wearing the armor that is in your forum avatar? I very much doubt that. You picked the avatar so you must like it, so lets see what your player character is wearing ingame then.

Here's mine, show me yours. At lvl 50 I'm wearing Taris commendation & heroic quest gear, there's not a single piece of endgame gear in my possession in inventory or cargo hold cause I really just don't want it. I'll get it soon enough, but just so I can rip it's mods out & put them in my Taris armor set probably.

Edited by Tricky-Ha

When I said "NEARLY" universal hatred, I had people like you in mind. I'm glad you like the new 1.2 gear, but you do realize that you are a very rare exception to the rule because YOU actually said you like all of the new armor models. Or you're maybe just a huge supporter of BioWare, I don't know. More power to you. :p

"BioWare, will you please address universal hatred of your SWTOR armor?"

That's the title. Now after reading that blatantly incorrect title, I did not feel the need to read the whole post. I assume it was a rant about how you and some others don't like the armor models.

Yeah, I'm not gonna try to claim that everyone hates it. I hate it. The people I personally know that play this game hate it. The gamers I know that don't play the game laughed at it. Most of the people posting comments on other forums hate it. BW (and you parachute pants enthusiasts) can do what you will with that info.

Guys, please calm down. While - yes - the OP is generalizing, it's actually a pretty valid assumption to make.

There are countless threads with people complaining about how bad the armor is in this game. Check out all the general threads, then head over to the class specific threads to see more of the same.

If you like it, good for you! I'm glad. I don't and based on the amount of threads that have popped up about it, I think I'm in the majority. Again, I could be wrong but I think there's a pretty loud cry against the armor in the game.

To answer the OP, I think Bioware thinks they are solving this with the whole "rip mods out of end game gear" but the bigger problem in my eyes is that yes, end game gear is horrible but there really isn't ANY gear that looks good in the game. Some of it is serviceable, for sure, but a lot of it isn't good.

Best thing to do to please everyone would be to simply add more armors in the game. Then those that like the current selections will be happy and those that don't can get different armor.

Guys, please calm down. While - yes - the OP is generalizing, it's actually a pretty valid assumption to make.

There are countless threads with people complaining about how bad the armor is in this game. Check out all the general threads, then head over to the class specific threads to see more of the same.

Because those who do like it or do not mind it have no reason to post about it. If you like, you'll just accept it and enjoy it, not try to convert everyone to liking it. So it is not a valid assumption.