Is it cheating to jump the gap in Voidstar?

Ch_Zero

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's working as intended but I think it is ridiculous that attackers are able to use it.

Well I had a moment were the defenders, a BH kept pulling me in with his lasso around the ledge, causing me to fall to my death. This is probably something Vanguard could also do. Or Jedi Shadows/assasins as well?

I wouldn't call it cheating though, it's making clever use of your skills.

It's the same way in wow, how a warrior could jump over rivers and such with the flag instead of swimming/jumping through it and the easiest way would be the Death Knights path of frost, granted you dont get hit.

Edited by Spero-Mcgee

It's working as intended but I think it is ridiculous that attackers are able to use it.

If you're dumb enough to stand that close watching the show, I'm coming over to get you.

I have to think this was intended in the design of the level. Otherwise, why not just have the forcefields go all the way across?

It's a great feature, adds in an idiot clause to Voidstar, ie all the fools that stand on the edge waiting to be pulled in. Also allows a well organised team to pull reinforcements back across and actually make the bridge a challenge to clear.

I do like standing right on the edge tho and watching all the dumb arse jedi jump across, hit me once in mid air like wile e coyote then plummet to their death. If I dont harpoon them first.

How anyone can even consider use of their class abilities and the environment to be cheating is beyond me. Is it cheating to kb people into acid or fire in huttball? If the devs didnt intend that massive drop to be part of the game it wouldnt be in the wz.

How was it fixed?

Gap is wider making it impossible.

Still dont think it was gamebreaking luckstar is luckstar and jumping gap is pretty darn hard to time right. If people are watching the doors instead of assuming nobody is there their loss.

But it is silly that only counsular / inq classes could do it.

Edited by wiazabi

If you're dumb enough to stand that close watching the show, I'm coming over to get you.

I have to think this was intended in the design of the level. Otherwise, why not just have the forcefields go all the way across?

I agree it's fine to jump the gap for Knights/Warriors if someone is standing there that they can leap to.

What I meant was that it is ridiculous that Sorcs/Sages can jump that gap even when novody is on the other side who could prevent them from capping.

Edited by Ich_Bin

Gap is wider making it impossible.

Still dont think it was gamebreaking luckstar is luckstar and jumping gap is pretty darn hard to time right. If people are watching the doors instead of assuming nobody is there their loss.

But it is silly that only counsular / inq classes could do it.

lol u have no idea

leap it

leap it

I agree it's fine to jump the gap for Knights/Warriors if someone is standing there that they can leap to.

What I meant was that it is ridiculous that Sorcs/Sages can jump that gap even when novody is on the other side who could prevent them from capping.

With rocket boost thingy coming with legacy in 1.2, everyone will be able to jump the gap!

Assasins and Shadows - jump, stealth, plant. Not working as intended. I disapprove that single spec can jump it, but I approve it when people are dump enough to stand there and be jumped to or get grappled. I also approve sages pulling their own people to help defend.