Critted Orange Gear will be Best in Slot in 1.2?

Sharpiie

Since crafters are able to make orange gear with augment slots, wouldn't that make all orange gear with augment slots better than any endgame gear? All you would have to do is obtain the best endgame gear, take all the mods out of them, then put it in the orange gear. Then put an augment into the augment slot. It will always have X more stat than the original endgame gear. If this is true, why does Bioware take the time to design new tiers of gear when orange gear will always be superior?

I really hope I'm wrong when it comes to this, because the endgame gear for some classes actually looks pretty cool, and I don't want to be stuck with orange gear that will probably look worse. They should implement a system where all endgame gear has innate stats in them that are equal to a critted orange piece.

I've been of the opinion that orange gear shouldn't be crittable, but you should also be able to freely transfer the end game mods. That way you're not punished either way. It also makes it so that social gear is not in any way hampered.

Yes and no. Isn't there a new tier of armor coming out as well? That may be better. Also, are any of the set bonuses worth it on other sets that may outweigh augments? I am sure that some bonuses may be bad for some classes, but there have to be some on some sets that people see as essential. Orange critted gear gets my vote though as you can't say enough for actually liking the set you are wearing.

Since crafters are able to make orange gear with augment slots, wouldn't that make all orange gear with augment slots better than any endgame gear? All you would have to do is obtain the best endgame gear, take all the mods out of them, then put it in the orange gear. Then put an augment into the augment slot. It will always have X more stat than the original endgame gear. If this is true, why does Bioware take the time to design new tiers of gear when orange gear will always be superior?

I really hope I'm wrong when it comes to this, because the endgame gear for some classes actually looks pretty cool, and I don't want to be stuck with orange gear that will probably look worse. They should implement a system where all endgame gear has innate stats in them that are equal to a critted orange piece.

Yes, Crit Orange gear will be the best with 1.2.

And there at least around 20 different orange sets per class (double for Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior as each AC has it's own sets), which can all equal be crit crafted the best ... surly you'll at least half like one of them.

Isn't there a new tier of armor coming out as well? That may be better. Also, are any of the set bonuses worth it on other sets that may outweigh augments?

You'll be able to take the Armouring mods out of the new gear and the set bonus transfer to oranges. So Oranges have all the status of end game gear + set bonuses of end game gear + an augment.

Edited by AngelousWang

Yes and no. Isn't there a new tier of armor coming out as well? That may be better. Also, are any of the set bonuses worth it on other sets that may outweigh augments? I am sure that some bonuses may be bad for some classes, but there have to be some on some sets that people see as essential. Orange critted gear gets my vote though as you can't say enough for actually liking the set you are wearing.

Yes, there is a new tier of armor. But that doesn't matter after removing mods. The set bonuses are in the armorings, not in the armor itself.

Yes, Crit Orange gear will be the best with 1.2.

And there at least around 20 different orange sets per class (double for Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior as each AC has it's own sets), which can all equal be crit crafted the best ... surly you'll at least half like one of them.

You'll be able to take the Armouring mods out of the new gear and the set bonus transfer to oranges. So Oranges have all the status of end game gear + set bonuses of end game gear + an augment.

Okay, that sucks that Orange gear will be best in slot. Why does Bioware even take the time to design endgame gear? Everyone is going to be using oranges.

Set bonuses are transferable in 1.2. So basically orange gear is going to be the same as the original raid piece with bonus and all plus an augment slot.

As another poster pointed out this kinda stinks if you like the model of your raid gear but want to have the best stats.

I could be missing something but this seems like a horrible design choice.

Okay, that sucks that Orange gear will be best in slot. Why does Bioware even take the time to design endgame gear? Everyone is going to be using oranges.

This is confirmed? has guilds that got copied to the test server done the new ops and the armoring removed from the set items have the set bonus on them?

Edited by Jonnara

This is confirmed? has guilds that got copied to the test server done the new ops and the armoring removed the set items have the set bonus on them?

from the current 1.2 patch notes:

"Players can now remove Armoring modifications from items with set bonuses and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot."

from the current 1.2 patch notes:

"Players can now remove Armoring modifications from items with set bonuses and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot."

Thanks fading, hope that changes as its still test patch notes.

Thanks fading, hope that changes as its still test patch notes.

The notes also say you will be able to reverse engineer the new teir 2 items and have a CHANCE to learn it's recipe. I would assume that then you could craft a teir 2 item and MAYBE get a crit... and maybe it would add an augment slot to that item (not clear)? Which would possibly have the appearance of the original(not clear)... Thus allowing you to wear the item's model with an augment slot also?

Seems like a lot of work/rng just to wear an item you already have without gimping your stats assuming it will even be possible.

And you'd also have to be the proper crafting proffesion. If i'm a Cybertech Sith Warrior i'm not going to be able to reverse engineer my main armor slots.

Seems like a mess.

Edited by fadingdimension

If I remember right, you can RE a piece of raid gear to learn the recipe which turns into an orange piece when you craft it. But, it is not 100% chance to learn the recipe.

Anyway, this is why I am not a big fan of the system...

If you want BiS, you need a crit orange piece of gear. You can crit the low level orange gear so you can technically have the BiS piece for that slot. While true that you need to mods from raiding to turn that piece into BiS, it also makes that raid piece you got instantly inferior to that orange gear you already had.

Yes, technically you can have that raid piece be BiS if you RE it, get the recipe, craft it, and hope you get it to crit. So basically, it puts a lot of work on someone that likes to be able to show off that super rare nightmare mode quality item. If you only care about stats (like me) then you'll just be wearing that low level crit orange piece you got relatively cheap for the long foreseeable future.

Edited by Ulmius

If I remember right, you can RE a piece of raid gear to learn the recipe which turns into an orange piece when you craft it. But, it is not 100% chance to learn the recipe.

Anyway, this is why I am not a big fan of the system...

If you want BiS, you need a crit orange piece of gear. You can crit the low level orange gear so you can technically have the BiS piece for that slot. While true that you need to mods from raiding to turn that piece into BiS, it also makes that raid piece you got instantly inferior to that orange gear you already had.

Yes, while technically you can have that raid piece be BiS if you RE it, get the recipe, craft it, and hope you get it to crit. So basically, it puts a lot of work on someone that likes to be able to show off that super rare nightmare mode quality item. If you only care about stats (like me) then you'll just be wearing that low level crit orange piece you got relatively cheap for the long foreseeable future.

Exactly. It seems like bosses may as well just drop mods. I mean this system will work... But it just seems like a really confusing, contrived, and unnecessarily awkward way of doing things. There's WAY WAY WAY easier ways to balance crafting and raid gear.

Like..

Allow a crafter to add an augment slot to a peice of gear.

Make this require a lot of mats.

Allow it to be done in a trade window so they can mod someone elses armor for credits.

With this system you get a new item off a boss, open a trade window with the appropriate crafter, they use their "augment" ability on the item, and you both click trade after the effect has been applied (see WoW enchanting).

Edited by fadingdimension

The notes also say you will be able to reverse engineer the new teir 2 items and have a CHANCE to learn it's recipe. I would assume that then you could craft a teir 2 item and MAYBE get a crit... and maybe it would add an augment slot to that item (not clear)? Which would possibly have the appearance of the original(not clear)... Thus allowing you to wear the item's model with an augment slot also?

Seems like a lot of work/rng just to wear an item you already have without gimping your stats assuming it will even be possible.

And you'd also have to be the proper crafting proffesion. If i'm a Cybertech Sith Warrior i'm not going to be able to reverse engineer my main armor slots.

Seems like a mess.

Then this will make everyone just want to have an armour crew skill... Making this the new biochemistry...

The ideas in this thread of not making orange gear augmentable or instead making the new PVP/PVE tear augmentable/REable might help though.

They're a shell. You still have to get the BiS mods, which aren't from crafting. People are still going to need to get their would have been BiS gear, strip out the mods and put them in a crit crafted orange piece they probably overpaid for.

why does Bioware take the time to design new tiers of gear when orange gear will always be superior?

All you would have to do is obtain the best endgame gear, take all the mods out of them

I think you can figure out the rest ;)

SURPRISE:

Each Battlemaster piece, if you remove all the mods will have 31 end / 31 class stats /51 expertise. New PvP ranked armor will have the same ****. Mods + basic armor stats.

And I think the new tier is at 43? I can't remember. I thought right now crafters could craft something better than 31?