Playable Togruta Species

Shaelaa

I've been dreaming of playing a Togruta character since the announcement of SWTOR, and still am crossing fingers to see them get added (probably as an unlock bought from the cartel market ?).

I liked the Cathar, though they are just a new set of recoloring, not so impressive but good still. But Togrutas i'd happily pay a bunch of Cartel credits for being able to make one !!

Togruta FTW ! :eek:

Same here! Please bring Togruta along with great customization options to the playable race selection. You have fans literally begging you and saying we will pay whatever price. Isn't that what you want? :p

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here! Please bring Togruta along with great customization options to the playable race selection. You have fans literally begging you and saying we will pay whatever price. Isn't that what you want? :p

I am among the people who would pay a lot of Cartel Coins to play as a Togruta. Before this game came out I was following the development of this game for a couple years and was very excited to see screen shots and videos that included togrutas... Very disappointed when they weren't included in launch and that the Cathar race was added before Togrutas.

• 2 weeks later...

This have been said over and over again, but they really should make the Togruta as a playable species.

ive seen some togruta's over the game and the more i see them, the more i want to play like one.

Also a lot of people will be happy if this will be announced and it would make the gameplay a lot more better and fun for to play.

but thats my opinion.:)

I fail to see how this would make the gameplay "a lot more better." The gameplay would not change in any way, all that would change would be your character model.

I'm not against the idea, I just think your enthusiasm may be getting you a bit carried away here.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

yeah I've intentionally saved 2 character slots on my game for the sole purpose of having Togruta alts. when and if they come out I am going to make a Sith warrior and a Jedi knight alt with them as the race, and those two shall serve as siblings to each other.

sadly I do not know if they will ever come out since bioware did say they were having troubles with them, something involving their chins going through their lekku (their head tentacles) or something like that.

I hope bioware someday soon gives us an update on when a new species/race will become playable, well if another will become playable since I do not know if the cathar have been a success or not

Edited by saiyanjedidmv

• 1 month later...
I agree with all of this, It is neat to see how long this thread has been in existence.... That has to mean something...

yes, means its VERY difficult to create a togruta species in game that can work with ALL body sizes and ALL armor without major clipping and other effects that tend to draw peoples ire.

This has been one of the most requested, and is also one that the devs have specifically called out as being VERY difficult and problematic. They never said no, but rather explaining WHY.

I know they have itemisation and clipping and language concerns with regard to other species but this is another thing people have be clamoring for since release MORE SPECIES and needs to be addressed eventually. All we've had so far is Cathar and they were about as close to human without actually being human as they could get.

Togruta, Kel Dor, etc.. all need to make it into the game at some stage. For sure.

• 2 weeks later...

/SIGNED

I still cannot believe why wasn't this included on the first place. This is not how you treat the most favorable alien species in Star Wars Universe. It must be included into to game sooner or later. I hope it will be!

What I don't quite understand is, why this wasn't inclkuded, since the differences between Twi'lek & Togruta are imho not that drastic ...

Actually it hadn't been included because of clipping issues. I actually wished that, though I know that it might actually be difficult to do, full helmets would Armorize the Lekku, Tendril, Whathaveyou, of some of the Species (have the Lekku & whatnot still there, but just covered in Armor Plates or whatever) instead of just essentially chopping/removing them for the Player Character &/or Companion.

I've played pretty much ever race but two Rattataki just because they creep me out and the Cathar because the PC version looks NOTHING like the NPC version so I would very much like to have a new race to play as even if I have to spend CCs to get the unlock for it and the Togruta would be my first choice hands down.

Side bar: I'd like to know exactly what kind/how severe the clipping issues are considering I haven't noticed any clipping with the Togruta NPCs in the game. and it isn't like the Twi'lek don't have clipping issues all be it minor ones.

Edited by Anaesha

I've played pretty much ever race but two Rattataki just because they creep me out and the Cathar because the PC version looks NOTHING like the NPC version so I would very much like to have a new race to play as even if I have to spend CCs to get the unlock for it and the Togruta would be my first choice hands down.

Side bar: I'd like to know exactly what kind/how severe the clipping issues are considering I haven't noticed any clipping with the Togruta NPCs in the game. and it isn't like the Twi'lek don't have clipping issues all be it minor ones.

Togruta NPC's aren't wearing hoods, or helmets, or masks. Put certain Helmets onto the Twi-lek and they lose their Lekku, same with the hoods (i think, though I could be wrong). Togruta don't just have the two headtails that come down the front, they also have the Montrals on top of their heads along with a third headtail that goes down their back and some have a rare fourth headtail.

The only time the two Montrals, and the back headtails aren't present or are short, are when they are children up until Adolescents.

With the hoods that is a somewhat simple fix, if they set the armors that have hoods to not show said hood with the race like some of the Armors do with Twi'leks

Helmets are a little harder to fix I'll admit and I have noticed with Twi'lek some helmets the Lekku will either stick out the back or disappear all together. but like you suggested if they made helmet Variants specifically designed to be worn by Twi'lek/Togruta that incorporate the Lekku/Togruta version that would solve that problem. Yes it's more work but once they get the strongholds expansion out they should have more time to work on such things.

Edited by Anaesha

With the hoods that is a somewhat simple fix, if they set the armors that have hoods to not show said hood with the race like some of the Armors do with Twi'leks

Helmets are a little harder to fix I'll admit and I have noticed with Twi'lek some helmets the Lekku will either stick out the back or disappear all together. but like you suggested if they made helmet Variants specifically designed to be worn by Twi'lek/Togruta that incorporate the Lekku/Togruta version that would solve that problem. Yes it's more work but once they get the strongholds expansion out they should have more time to work on such things.

Oh no I wholeheartedly agree, that when they get the time, after the Stronghold or whatever, they should go back & redesign the Helmets, Hoods, Masks, etc to better facilitate the Lekku & Headtails of the Player/Companions so that they are incorporated and not chopped off. Even if it was to put the Lekku over the shoulders [for hoods], and at the same time, I honestly think that certain Chest Armors should have the Lekku get moved into the over-the-shoulder position [Trooper/Bounty Hunter armors for instance].

I agree and it should be do able. if you have ever noticed while riding a speeder like the Nexu as a Twi'lek your Lekku come up and over your shoulders while you're idle so I don't see why they couldn't be re-positioned while wearing a hooded outfit.

P.s. or just like my Avatar shows one of the Lekku is over her shoulder :p

Edited by Anaesha