Merceneries need another way to vent heat every 3-6 Seconds.

Daecollo

I've said it since early access...

Rapid Shots should vent 3-5 heat per global cooldown.

But hey.. let's just nerf mercs instead :p

In other words, we have the tools, people just don't know how to use them.

Change Critical Reaction (worthless Alacrity buff.) to vent 8 heat instead.

really?

i could pump out dps forever without overheating, good dps, better than the agent with rakata in our raid.

I never had to worry about heat, ever really ... as arsenal that is

i could burst up to 80% heat when we needed a little extra, vent heat and be back into my rotation at 8 heat or so.

if you think we needed MORE heat management then you need to spec properly and learn the right priorities

8 heat vented per crit is all we ever needed

really?

i could pump out dps forever without overheating, good dps, better than the agent with rakata in our raid.

I never had to worry about heat, ever really ... as arsenal that is

i could burst up to 80% heat when we needed a little extra, vent heat and be back into my rotation at 8 heat or so.

if you think we needed MORE heat management then you need to spec properly and learn the right priorities

8 heat vented per crit is all we ever needed

I think he's talking about healing spec. No one should have heat issues with Arsenal, it is a ridiculously heat-efficient playstyle.

I think he's talking about healing spec. No one should have heat issues with Arsenal, it is a ridiculously heat-efficient playstyle.

i guess so, but few healers call alacrity a useless stat nowadays. whatev :)

Arsenals never had to worry about heat management prior to 1.2 nerf. I wonder how it will be for them post 1.2? They may still be ok. However, Bodyguards and Pyrotechs had hell-a-bad heat management. I would almost argue that Ptro has the worst heat management in the BH class, even with the 30 sec redux skill.

I too have been saying since beta that this skill needs to be a heat management skill. We would still have point investment iot gain access to it.

Heat management is an issue for the Bodyguards.

If you don't think so, level one and run high end HM while being the healer. It is all good as a tank healer / off tank healer. But keep a group alive turns into a whole other story. Group healing isn't our thing. Even with the changes coming in 1.2 I still say group healing isn't our calling. Rapid shot is intended as the skill for keeping a single target topped off so you don't have to spam heals and end up with heat issues. But heal a group with multiple people taking damage and you are never in a position to use rapid scan. You have to use Kolto shell, kolto residue, and constantly cycle through your heals to keep them alive. Have some people light on DPS and you will have too much heat in an extended boss fight and it is a wipe.

As a Merc healer you go into every fight praying that the DPS can kill the target(s) before you reach critical heat.

Unless there is some huge change to heat management in 1.2 for bodyguards you guys are talking BS.

I have been playing offspecc bodyguards for a few raids and honestly there are absolutely no problem in keeping heat down, quite frankly I hardly even use the vent heat ability.

Take karagga for an example, constantly spam healing on that boss, even sometimes cast 3-4 heals in a row without thinking about heat just to use supercharges gas and then spam those 2 heals like a mad man. I am still having no problems keeping the heat down what so ever.

So either you guys are doing something totally wrong or well I cant really find what a 2nd reason could be

i guess so, but few healers call alacrity a useless stat nowadays. whatev :)

Not sure what healers you are talking to, but alacrity does nothing for you except burn your resource faster. I would consider alacrity the worst stat for healers.

Heat management is an issue for the Bodyguards.

If you don't think so, level one and run high end HM while being the healer. It is all good as a tank healer / off tank healer. But keep a group alive turns into a whole other story. Group healing isn't our thing. Even with the changes coming in 1.2 I still say group healing isn't our calling. Rapid shot is intended as the skill for keeping a single target topped off so you don't have to spam heals and end up with heat issues. But heal a group with multiple people taking damage and you are never in a position to use rapid scan. You have to use Kolto shell, kolto residue, and constantly cycle through your heals to keep them alive. Have some people light on DPS and you will have too much heat in an extended boss fight and it is a wipe.

As a Merc healer you go into every fight praying that the DPS can kill the target(s) before you reach critical heat.

Until you you become geared enough to lessen the burden, I agree. I would phrase it more that during the healing intensive periods, I pray that the lull after will be long enough that between Rapid Shots and Emergency scan, I can bleed off enough of the heat I accumulated past 40 to not have to use Vent Heat.

I also dont think the changes in 1.2 affect us much or rather affect our role much. adding one more target to our close to worthless AOE heal is not going to improve our multi-target healing in ops. It only means that in flash points we can hit everyone now, so for FPs its an improvement. My biggest concern is the change to SCG, but I am reserving my judgement until we see more data.

Unless there is some huge change to heat management in 1.2 for bodyguards you guys are talking BS.

I have been playing offspecc bodyguards for a few raids and honestly there are absolutely no problem in keeping heat down, quite frankly I hardly even use the vent heat ability.

Take karagga for an example, constantly spam healing on that boss, even sometimes cast 3-4 heals in a row without thinking about heat just to use supercharges gas and then spam those 2 heals like a mad man. I am still having no problems keeping the heat down what so ever.

So either you guys are doing something totally wrong or well I cant really find what a 2nd reason could be

Yes, our heat got majorly screwed with in the 1.2 thats on the server. And if you never overheat, it is due to you and/or your group's gear level vs the encounter, not because the class is amazing.

Not sure what healers you are talking to, but alacrity does nothing for you except burn your resource faster. I would consider alacrity the worst stat for healers.

Actually, Alacrity rocks at the moment. Having a 1.56 second cast time on Rapid Scan is delicious and since alacrity mostly comes with Power, which is our best stat, and power>crit>alacrity>surge, then Alacrity+Power>Crit+Surge as long as your gear level vs the content is such that you are not heat locked most of the time. I am in about 1/4 Tionese, 1/4 Rakata and the rest columni. Healing 8-man hard mode is challenging for me geared either way, but it seems like I can prevent things from going bad with faster heals and their are enough lulls to makeup for the heat. YMMV. That may totally change in 1.2.

Doesn't Alacrity also effect the speed of rapid shots channel?

I've pretty much went with the alacrity theory for mercs because I wanted faster heals. Criting and High amount of crit is nice but consistent fast heals seems predictable and less wasteful. If I don't overheal and I am able to get more rapid shots off that means I can manage my heat better.

Personally heat has not been an issue for my merc as others have made it seem prior to the patch.

Edited by Kahzard

dont know what you are smokin but can i have some? with alacrity you can throw in rapid shots between heals and heals go up and heat stays the same

also more time to move if aoe is on you, also more time to notice someone needs a cure ...

alacrity does not force you to use heat, it gives you time for other things

Just chucking this in for chuckles, a 1.2 second tracer missile in pvp is quite scary. Alacrity is a pretty sexy stat.

have you tested this?

one of these days when i stop leveling up alts i will probably try an alacrity set on my main if it seems reasonable.

with alacrity you can throw in rapid shots between heals and heals go up and heat stays the same

Heat dissipates at a constant rate, independent of how fast you cast your heals or use other skills (except for SCG and Vent Heat). Using Rapid Shots does not dissipate heat. Therefore, you having the ability to use more healing abilties in less time, means that your heat won't have a chance to dissipate and you will become heat capped that much faster. This means that having the ability to cast more heals in less time is an absolutely stupid abiltiy for a PvE healer who needs longevity.

This may be completely opposite for PvP.

Alacrity as it stands now is nowhere near as useful for healers as Power, Crit and Surge considering there is no stat to increase the size or regeneration rate of our resource pool.

Edited by Paralassa
content

In other words, we have the tools, people just don't know how to use them.

/puts finger to nose! BINGO Personally, not tryign to say I am all that, but the heat management is rather easy to do. I only overheat if I mean to. Both in Arse and Pyro Spec.

I think it would be nice if we could have say an emergency Vent Heat ability. Something you can only use once you hit 100% heat.

Basically you could use it every 3 minutes and it would automatically vent all your heat but you would suffer a 50% damage and healing reduction for 20 seconds afterward. That way you'd be punished for not managing your heat, but you wouldn't just be using rapid shots for the next 20 seconds.

Actually yes, Healing Scan's (9s) reduction of heat on rapid scan (25 heat, spammable) was almost halved, supercharged gas' heat dump was almost halved, our damage reduction and +healing buff we put on people with our lolKolto Missile has been halved, several other things.

The only thing wrong with bodyguard currently is Sorcs. Their AoE and infinite resource even in NMM makes us look inferior on top of the line content.

EDIT: Oh and our already poor kolto shell was made to cost 16 heat. And other things.

Edited by Valfodr

have you tested this?

one of these days when i stop leveling up alts i will probably try an alacrity set on my main if it seems reasonable.

i have a 1.3 sec tracer and consistently crit min 2.5k.

Say 3 out of every 5 to make a sensible approximation.

The heat issue is negligible also. Alacrity is a good way to increase dps if you already have crit/surge/accu to apprciable levels

------------------------------

but all this is obsolete info

1.2 will screw with many people's heat management

Edited by Wisz_Rethon

Heat dissipates at a constant rate, independent of how fast you cast your heals or use other skills (except for SCG and Vent Heat). Using Rapid Shots does not dissipate heat. Therefore, you having the ability to use more healing abilties in less time, means that your heat won't have a chance to dissipate and you will become heat capped that much faster. This means that having the ability to cast more heals in less time is an absolutely stupid abiltiy for a PvE healer who needs longevity.

This may be completely opposite for PvP.

Alacrity as it stands now is nowhere near as useful for healers as Power, Crit and Surge considering there is no stat to increase the size or regeneration rate of our resource pool.

if you cast 3 heals and i cast 3 heals and a rapid shot at the end I :

1) healed more than you

2) got 1.5 seconds MORE heat dissapation than you

win win

while rapid shots does NOT reduce heat, over the time you cast it heat is reduced

every good BG healer i have run with SWEARS by it.