Is the social gear any good?

Ivanblood

I like doing heroics and grouping. And yesterday I was looking for sombebody to go solo with. So I had launched a message to General Chat "LF1 to go solo for social points."

It´s widely known if you go solo with somebody you will make more social points than with heroics and flashpoints all together.

And one dude asked me, why do you want social points. And I responded:

"Well. You can use them to buy from social vendors..." And right then I stayed silenced...

Really. Why do I need social points ? Social vendor´s gear and stuff suck. The armors are pretty standard, and doesn´t look at all like badaz, useful only by adding mods. But I can get that type of armor by questing and making heroics. Besided the armor I loot does look badaz.

So, where is a reward for being social ?

Edited by Ivanblood

What is even worse... space social gear.

Not only do you need social rank to wear it, but the coolest stuff is 200 space commendations per item.

But it's social 3 very easy to get.

Many folks go for social 5 for Party Time title.

I don't go after social points myself, I would prefer getting social points from other social content (Ops, Wz) and not just convos in FP/Quests.

You think it is easy to get because that is your opinion…

Play on a server with 40-60 max players on at peak times. In the time it takes to get 1,000 social points you could get 10,000 or more valor from doing warzones instead.

If the damn slave girl outfits didn’t require social 2 to purchase I wouldn’t even bother with social points.

Social gear looks cool. Personal preference may vary.

I do wish there were other ways to get social points than just convos though. If I spend 2 hours running a hard mode FP, that should be worth more than a handful of social points that the 3-4 conversations give. Specially when running lv10 Esseles will give you so much more. Or being in groups for heroics that may not have conversations.

I think we should get social point bonusesfor simply completing quests in a group on top of the convo bonuses. Takes way too long to get them otherwise, or run a lv10 fp at lv50 which isn't exactly enjoyable.

Edited by Claymaniac

But from what I saw, social gear only allows you to change your look. No mods are included. As I rerolled my character, I only bought a cap. A cap I only use because it was cheep. I had to mod it so it bears some value. It looks silly on me, but I wear it anyway because it adds me buffs in combat. I take it off in conversations to not look silly.:D Edited by Ivanblood

I am not sure if 1.2 will allow players to RE social gear or purple gear to get orange recipes, but social gear next patch maybe completely worthless to people that want to min/max.

No augment slots currently.

But from what I saw, social gear only allows you to change your look. No mods are included. As I rerolled my character, I only bought a cap. A cap I only use because it was cheep. I had to mod it so it bears some value. It looks silly on me, but I wear it anyway because it adds me buffs in combat. I take it off in conversations to not look silly.:D

Thats the point of social gear. Gear for looks only that you add mods to.