Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Sentinels/Marauders

Foodaddy

And then Everyone Else.

Welcome to endgame PvP post 1.2.

Remember all the whining about Jugg Rage Smash bombing? Now imagine that coming from guys with TWO lightsabers and 4 defensive cooldowns

PLEASE revisit this BW. Keep Juggs as a relevant DPS Threat and stop buffing your OP class.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are gonna be beast. Mara was my first 50....Happy with the changes here, but it seems odd that they were pointedly given the buff stim by BW in this patch. The one AC that really only needed some basic QOL improvements besides Carnage/Combat.

Somebody before me said it first, but patch 1.2 is based on 2 month old data and QQ.

They are gonna be beast. Mara was my first 50....Happy with the changes here, but it seems odd that they were pointedly given the buff stim by BW in this patch. The one AC that really only needed some basic QOL improvements besides Carnage/Combat.

Somebody before me said it first, but patch 1.2 is based on 2 month old data and QQ.

Sniper was my first to 50. What a waste of time.

Second was a tank sin.

On his way now is my sentinel. Definitely glad I started leveling him after reading these patch notes. Hooray for FOTM class balancing.

We've got dailies, we've got 3 talent trees, we've got boring PvE, we've got copy/pasted WZs and now we have a cycle of nerfs/buffs that will never end leading us into the future of ToR!

I wasn't big on the idea of labeling this game WoW in space, but yeah, we've reached that stage.

Stop crying.

Why? He is right. Mara/Sentinels are the strongest pvp class atm. With some major nerfs to sorc/sages, operatives and merc they will be the new old pvp gods. They will be so much superior to any other class, it won't be even funny. First Illum now the "balance" changes. Bioware proved again how clueless they are about pvp.

Why? He is right. Mara/Sentinels are the strongest pvp class atm. With some major nerfs to sorc/sages, operatives and merc they will be the new old pvp gods. They will be so much superior to any other class, it won't be even funny. First Illum now the "balance" changes. Bioware proved again how clueless they are about pvp.

Strongest PVP class right now according to you yet 90% of WZ I see one on each side, once in awhile a team will be have 2. Why isn't there more of them if they are the strongest pvp class?

And we all know how great MMO players are at predicting the future.

Edited by MMOgamer

Glad to see a mara recognizes the power of your own class and the silliness of this patch. I respect how your DoT build is powerful but you don't need focus/rage too!

Bringing one down to 10% health only to have them go invincible, throw on a medpack, dissapear, then come back at full health with a few buddies and nab you is quite disheartening...

To those who played warhammer before :

I heard that the guy who makes the pvp balance in this game, was the one that worked for mythic (bioware merged with mythic) and did the Bright wizzard bomb "nerf" Yes, thats right...the one that turned a caster class into the best melee single target dps class in game...

Strongest PVP class right now according to you yet 90% of WZ I see one on each side, once in awhile a team will be have 2. Why isn't there more of them if they are the strongest pvp class?

I agree with you 100%. The biggest part of wz population is Sorc/Sage followed by

BH/Trooper.

As a Sentinel I get destroyed sometimes by Pyrotechs. After their buff, I'll get destroyed more consistently by them.

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/15/swtor-overall-advanced-class-distribution/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=swtor-overall-advanced-class-distribution

Sorc 10% + Sage 6%=16%

Maro 8.5% + Sentinel 7.5% =16%

So maro/sentinel class ist together with sorc/sage the most played class. And this is before the huge sages/sorc nerf was announced.

So why isn't it even more played? Because it's a difficult class. I have a level 40 mara, 50 sorc and 38 (heal) operative and the maradeur is the most difficult class to play. There is no other class where the difference between good and bad players is so big. And that's the point. In the hands of a good player it is a godclass and I can predict if will get even stronger after the nerfs to most of the other classes, while mara/sentinel isn't nerfed, but instead slightly buffed.

The whole balance changes are a joke. Nerfing mercs and operatives and destroying the hybrid sorc spec, while buffing maras/sentinels only shows, that bioware has absolutly no clue what they are doing.

As a Sentinel I get destroyed sometimes by Pyrotechs. After their buff, I'll get destroyed more consistently by them.

Your class "sometimes" gets destroyed by ONE spec!? Wow! Sounds like #firstworldproblems for all the other classes/specs out there not marauders.

There will be alot more marauders/sentinels around

They always were the strongest pvp class. The good thing is though, they arent face roll like sorcs, so they will have a harder time catching on FOTM.

Noobs will keep popping their DC at full health and kill themselves for me

but the good players....um..hide

Edited by Kalliadies

hummm, you guys should play Sentinels/Marauder and than comment on how overpowered we are. I am not saying we're not powerful but the amount of work, concentration and binds I have to use to get the same results as a BH spamming tracer missiles all day long is quite a huge gap.

Go visit the Sentinel forums, read the guides and start imagining yourself using over 20 binds just to have a decent performance.

If people think that using our 4 cooldowns is an instant win, they are completely wrong... Yes, one on one, we are the dominant breed but aside from that, it's not because our skills looks cool on paper that in the reality of things it's actually Tracer Missiles like easy mode for us.

Seriously, I understand the concerns of many and all I can say is, roll one and let's see how you do.

Only a handful of players are good enough to significantly make your day miserable. Most of the Sentinels and Marauders on my server are push overs, even in battlemaster gear. The class balance will mostly allow us to play a different spec, which is really good for you guys since our main spec actually heals our team.

Edited by Zag_Stratos

Haha.

1.2 is not a buff for 90% of the marauders you see out there. Actually it is a nerf to them.

1.2 buffs up 2 trees that are lackluster for pve and pvp (not saying some people do ok with it).

Also, if you fall prey to rage bombs, the problem is you. Marauders (and jugs) basically hold up a billboard that smash is coming.

But hey, hard class + skilled player = the impression that they are omgwtfOP.

Keep crying about it. Nothing will change.

If they make FOTM, my guess will be that 1 in 10 will be something to worry about.

Starting to see alot of them in Warzones atm, I actually enjoy the transition of not being perma slowed by 3-4 lighniting sorc noobs.

Now Im killing baby sentinels and marauders that cant find their force lightning button, while learning they have to stay in melee range.

Edited by Kalliadies

Because marauders have a high skillcap.

You shouldn't judge a game by how 95% of players play, because those players are terrible- you need to judge off the top players. Top players know that in a good players hands, the best class is a marauder already- and with the buffs/nerfs that's being cemented in firmly.

The average player can't play a marauder though because it's not a class that you'll do well with if you're a clicker who can't figure out how to use more than four abilities.

Sniper was my first to 50. What a waste of time.

Second was a tank sin.

On his way now is my sentinel. Definitely glad I started leveling him after reading these patch notes. Hooray for FOTM class balancing.

We've got dailies, we've got 3 talent trees, we've got boring PvE, we've got copy/pasted WZs and now we have a cycle of nerfs/buffs that will never end leading us into the future of ToR!

I wasn't big on the idea of labeling this game WoW in space, but yeah, we've reached that stage.

well if you stopped leveling a tank sin and started leveling a marauder..lemme know how it goes killing dem hybrid shadows/sins as a sent/marauder lmfao

Odd thread.

1. Marauders are getting slight buffs to QOL rage management and GCD use (Obfuscate, Roar, Disruption changes).

2. Carnage (weak) and Rage (ok) are getting much better Fury generation. Buff to Carn and Rage. Rage is getting the bugged permanent Predation talent removed. Nerf. Net: Carn gets buffed (needs it), Rage is neutral.

3. The net effect of all the Rage changes is neutral. The Smashes hit slightly harder, but they are less frequent, and Force Scream has a longer cooldown too. BioWare retooled the tree so the player spams their anytime Vicious Slash more.

4. The uninterruptable on Ravage/Master Strike is a buff for Carn (weak) and neutral for Rage. Annihilation/Watchman doesn't actually get much mileage out of it, generally speaking.

5. Passive 50% damage reduction on Camo is a slight buff for Carn/Rage. Generally speaking, Camo already blocks all direct damage attacks due to the stealth. The change will give those two specs marginally better anti-DOT durability.

6. Removal of Quick Recovery is a slight nerf to Annihilation, since you can no longer abuse 1r SSs between fights to build Fury.

So, overall it roughs out the edges of usability of the class as a whole, buffs a weak spec, marginally nerfs Annihilation, and re-tools Rage significantly with no net buff / nerf.

hahaha, i dont follow the forums much, but i peeked in. I didnt know they were helping out us marauders, but whatever. noobs will still think we are weak. I honestly target sentinels also, because i know they are the easiest to kill, because unless the person has skill they are useless, and most swtor players are noobs. Good players will dominate with any class, but imo noobs will have the hardest time with the mara. for me it is the only class I will ever play, and i love being one of the only ones in most WZ i play.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.