The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So the point of rated WZ gear is...

Xinika

That's so totally not the point. It's stupid to even have the reward if it's not usable. That's the point. If their intention is to have a ranked WZ reward that is a cosmetic reward that is distinguished, they are failing because no one will wear this gear because it is in fact worse.

Oh, they'll wear it. For the same reason they want to teabag you. Because they want you to know that they are better than you.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see an issue with it really.

Rather have a cosmetic view of somebody that is rated fairly well than have a person that is clearly a level above due to gear in PvP. Keeps things more "Skill" (which i use loosely) based for PvP.

you dont understand i think, the no point having different looking set from rated pvp because anyway crit crafted orange gear will be bis cause if the augment slot

You're aware oranges will be better, right? :D

Insignificant.

You have to earn the mods to put in the oranges. Aside from the potential for oranges to be crit-crafted with an augment slot, it will make no difference. Everyone can acquire a crit-crafted piece of orange gear.

Again, if you want PvP that matters - push for equalized gear from start to finish in the ELO ladders. It's ePeen players that want their gear to get better as they climb the ELO ladder so it's easier for them to squish those lower.

Yes i do, I just unsubscribed, ranked WZ is just waste of time. battlefiel 3 here i come

Wait, wut?

So you are leaving a game where they are trying to make gear have less impact on the PvP experience for a game that gear has less impact on the PvP experience.

Okay...

If we gave our suggestions based on what BW could do I'd spend most of my time praising it's deep Open world PVP and how I love my new Cyborg Unicorn Mount.

They have made no indication they're going to add those items in 1.2 so *** is the point of acting like just because they can this thread is moot?

Well then, if we cannot make suggestions based on what Bioware could do then we may as well just close down these forums then.

Bioware could implement their current concept for rated warzone gear and they may not. It's their decision - whether you want to continue paying your subscription afterward is your choice.

The most logical solution, in my opinion, between crit-crafted gear and PvP/PvE end game gear is simply provide an augment kit to add augment slots to gear. If they don't, then yes - the majority of min/maxers (however small that segment is) will hastily run to yank the mods out and shove them in their moddable gear.

I can tell you this. Augment slot or not, I would have paid all the credits my characters possess to avoid the abomination that is known as PvE republic hats. I dumped my Sage because of that ludicrous looking head fan (and due to the classes' excessive popularity). At least the Trooper version is marginally acceptable, though I have hidden my helm now.

Augment kits will resolve the majority of the moddable vs end-game gear issue.

Edited by Raeln

Apparently its all about equality in PvP its all free anyone can wear it but they making some orange modable so Pver's are more equal in Pvp cause yu never know they might stilkl get owned even if they get PVP gear..

we wouldnt like them to get owned at equal gear would be so unfair.

In 11 pages I dearly hope that people realized currently on the PTS, all the war hero gear costs "Ranked Warzone Commendation." The Rated gear costs the ranked warzone commendation, plus an unassembled item piece, plus a pvp rating ranging from 1200 for some items, to 2400 for the chest.

So if you want war hero, you need to play ranked warzone. If you want the rated war hero, you need to be good at it and put time into it.

You can just get to level 50 and join some ranked warzone solo games, lose like 80% of the games and you will still get your ranked warzone commendations, same as you get warzone commendations now, the difference between losing and winning is so minimal that it practically doesnt matter, there are dozens more medals to get and the cap is only 8! so everyone who gets 8 medals a match which is so friggin easy in 1.2 (catch a hutball, throw a hutball, score a goal, kill a hutball carrier etc.) will get like 90% of the commendations the winning team gets.

A couple weeks later everyone who puts in some time will have their warzone gear, will then remove the mods and put them into augmented orange gear and will have the best gear possible, better than the ranked warzone players who need 2400+ rating for some of their stuff which has no augment slots.

Edited by GenjuroK

You can just get to level 50 and join some ranked warzone solo games, lose like 80% of the games and you will still get your ranked warzone commendations, same as you get warzone commendations now, the difference between losing and winning is so minimal that it practically doesnt matter, there are dozens more medals to get and the cap is only 8! so everyone who gets 8 medals a match which is so friggin easy in 1.2 (catch a hutball, throw a hutball, score a goal, kill a hutball carrier etc.) will get like 90% of the commendations the winning team gets.

A couple weeks later everyone who puts in some time will have their warzone gear, will then remove the mods and put them into augmented orange gear and will have the best gear possible, better than the ranked warzone players who need 2400+ rating for some of their stuff which has no augment slots.

So I fail to see the problem. Why wouldn't you want a warzone where everyone is in the same level of gear? then you can truly determine who has the best skill.

In 11 pages I dearly hope that people realized currently on the PTS, all the war hero gear costs "Ranked Warzone Commendation." The Rated gear costs the ranked warzone commendation, plus an unassembled item piece, plus a pvp rating ranging from 1200 for some items, to 2400 for the chest.

So if you want war hero, you need to play ranked warzone. If you want the rated war hero, you need to be good at it and put time into it.

I am about to get full BM in 1.2 I am ranked 50 I have already saved 30 WZ comms last week, man I keep buying champion bags with 7 comms it s so hard to get BM. its too much work doing daylies and my RNG is terribad no comms in the dayly I completed last week and maybe I ll have my weekly done bfr 1.2 comes live. I mean poor me I have done like 300 hours loging time since i hit 50 I still dont have champ gear I did like 50 wz in these 300 hours really feels like a grind.

Ths is so good now I just wait 1.2 and buy my full BM with last week comms I have saved. I aint wasting my time pvping till 1.2 comes after I finish this weekly. then I ll be so ready to rock up ranked wz. you know being equal gear with others that have more time to play than me.

awsome patch bioware keep up the good work

Edited by Jrovak

I don't have a problem with the Ranked Gear only being differently cosmetically with the same stats compared non-Ranked gear. I have a problem with crafted Orange gear being superior to the Ranked Gear for PvP. If BW intends for Ranked Gear to be a prestige item, how are they going to achieve that when everyone who wants to be competitive just rips out the mods and puts them in Orange gear with augment slots? You're telling me BW went through the trouble of designing a new tier of PvP gear just so it can rot in everyone's bank? Edited by CaptainInsano

So I fail to see the problem. Why wouldn't you want a warzone where everyone is in the same level of gear? then you can truly determine who has the best skill.

Why dont they just remove all the gear and let everyone play naked? People want to achieve something, people that invest more time want better rewards, thats just human nature. If i do more work than you then i will be able to buy a better car, drive faster etc.

Bioware just hands out the same Ferraris to everyone, be it afking scrubs or hardcore PvPers.

The ranked gear's cosmetic appearence gives true PvPers an edge for one reason.

Just by looking at a player, you will be able to tell if he's wearing "welfare epics" or if he earned his stripes.

As the converse, the cosmetic appearance of ranked gear will give you "freebies" a least a half second more to sh*t yourself knowing whats coming your way before we spike you.

Nobody is going to pay $15 a month to play a huttball if there is no carrot on the end of the stick. Everyone deserves an incentive to play even PvPer's. There are TONS of games that are all "skill" based that don't have gear progression, and they are free.

All the people who are claiming "well TRUE pvpers dont care about gear" are just insane, you know what those people do...they play FPS games for free. People play MMO's over those for one singular reason....gear progression. They want a return on investment of their time AND ability, not just one or the other.

There will be a lot of nay sayers who dont want to believe its true, but it is. Without any actual non-cosmetic reward system, the game will eventually have to go F2P. Which would be to bad, cuz I liked the game.

Nobody is going to pay $15 a month to play a huttball if there is no carrot on the end of the stick. Everyone deserves an incentive to play even PvPer's. There are TONS of games that are all "skill" based that don't have gear progression, and they are free.

All the people who are claiming "well TRUE pvpers dont care about gear" are just insane, you know what those people do...they play FPS games for free. People play MMO's over those for one singular reason....gear progression. They want a return on investment of their time AND ability, not just one or the other.

There will be a lot of nay sayers who dont want to believe its true, but it is. Without any actual non-cosmetic reward system, the game will eventually have to go F2P. Which would be to bad, cuz I liked the game.

Great point.

Insignificant.

You have to earn the mods to put in the oranges. Aside from the potential for oranges to be crit-crafted with an augment slot, it will make no difference. Everyone can acquire a crit-crafted piece of orange gear.

Again, if you want PvP that matters - push for equalized gear from start to finish in the ELO ladders. It's ePeen players that want their gear to get better as they climb the ELO ladder so it's easier for them to squish those lower.

Are you just here to argue or something? Stop shifting your points to make yourself seem right all the time. Talk about dodging.

So. Let me get this straight. What you're saying is that people still expect something good out of the end game of SW:ToR?

Kids, get over it. Level the 8 classes, enjoy the story, and move on to one of the numerous better single player games out there.

I love players like you, because you're so focused on having 10 stats higher than my character, while i'm out optimizing my pvp spec, learning better positioning and movement, and honing my skills leads to one thing.

After stomping you in a warzone ( 5-0 huttball, defended you at the first door in voidstar and the busted through it in 1 min on our attack, or trip-cap the turrets in alderan ) I take off all armor and pvp with a sever stat disadvantage, in boxers, and keep stomping you.

Trust me when I say that the rewards that I get out of playing like this far outweigh anything that can be given from investing hours into min/maxing.

This a tiresome discussion. Casual players get what they want in the end.

This game will die soon enough, a shame. But in that case, every casual QQ'er please stay in star wars for centuries so we dont have to get future MMO's made pointless.

I love players like you, because you're so focused on having 10 stats higher than my character, while i'm out optimizing my pvp spec, learning better positioning and movement, and honing my skills leads to one thing.

After stomping you in a warzone ( 5-0 huttball, defended you at the first door in voidstar and the busted through it in 1 min on our attack, or trip-cap the turrets in alderan ) I take off all armor and pvp with a sever stat disadvantage, in boxers, and keep stomping you.

Trust me when I say that the rewards that I get out of playing like this far outweigh anything that can be given from investing hours into min/maxing.

Thank you for pointing it out. How ever they refuse to listen to reason, I fear you are fighting a loosing battle, just like I was..

...for looks? Seems like a waste of time.

Edit: Have fun wearing your ranked WH gear because it makes you look better than other players. I will be wearing those nifty, nifty liddle level 10 oranges with augment slots.:):):)

Set bonuses do not transfer currently. Also Augments are split stats between a main stat and endurance.

I guess depending on the Set bonus for your class you may be better with augments.

P.S. your video's helped me allot on my Shadow Alt. Thanks for the good information there.

Edited by Lileth

I really don't understand your logic at all. Are you trying to suggest that him pvping for the gear he wants, plus putting money into getting gear that is better (augments) puts him at a disadvantage to another player (you) who also pvps for the gear he wants, but doesn't put the money into getting gear that is better?

He still needs to achieve the war hero gear to swap the mods. He will be putting the same time in that you do. But then he will have 28*7 extra stats of his choosing.

you may very well be more skilled than him, but your argument is that him trying to achieve better gear WHILE also pvping makes him worse is nonsensical.

...for looks? Seems like a waste of time.

Edit: Have fun wearing your ranked WH gear because it makes you look better than other players. I will be wearing those nifty, nifty liddle level 10 oranges with augment slots.:):):)

Really... well reading there last thing on the crafting and being an armormech I'll be getting the War Hero gear, removing the mods and armoring from it.. RE'ing it to learn an orange version of it and then critting it with an augment slot.

Then i can have my cake and eat it to :p

Set bonuses do not transfer currently. Also Augments are split stats between a main stat and endurance.

I guess depending on the Set bonus for your class you may be better with augments.

P.S. your video's helped me allot on my Shadow Alt. Thanks for the good information there.

set bonuses are tied to the armoring segment. they are transferable, but only to gear of the same slot type

I really don't understand your logic at all. Are you trying to suggest that him pvping for the gear he wants, plus putting money into getting gear that is better (augments) puts him at a disadvantage to another player (you) who also pvps for the gear he wants, but doesn't put the money into getting gear that is better?

He still needs to achieve the war hero gear to swap the mods. He will be putting the same time in that you do. But then he will have 28*7 extra stats of his choosing.

you may very well be more skilled than him, but your argument is that him trying to achieve better gear WHILE also pvping makes him worse is nonsensical.

I'm saying that if they focus on skill over gear, then their in-game rewards will be more than focusing on gear to min/max like they are in this thread.

Skill > Gear. Literally. When i PVP naked my damage for force-lightning is only a few hundred less per tick, which isn't that big of a difference when you add-in my reaction time, positioning and situational awareness.

(PS just trip-cap'd alderan and got naked!)

Edited by Evil_Santa