What companions do you use? SPOILERS

Vaull

Ok so I brought my Marauder back out and he is chugging along the ranks. I find myself in hoth and I have just been going through the companions finding which ones are working for me and which ones are not. So far I think Quinn is the best one for me so far then Pierce. I would like to use Jaesa but she just dies so quick and I have to stop and rest after every few set of mobs, but if I use quinn its like I never have to stop. What are some of you doing if you are not using Quinn because like I said I would love to use the Jaesa being that I turned her to the dark side and all that cool jazz but I think she sucks...input please.

Quinn once I got him on my Marauder but it's mostly because I just enjoy looking at him. That and he heals but I'm also a biochemist so I don't REALLY need the heals he generates, plus the interactions you get from him as a female warrior are just so awkwarly cute.

I dropped Vette the first chance I could. Her characterization never seemed to fit a Sith storyline to me -- every time she shot her mouth off or openly insulted the SW, I honestly wondered how it was BioWare forgot that Vader (and quite possibly the SW) have killed for less.

I primarily used Quinn (until his storyline exiled him to my ship) and Jaesa. Pierce and Broonmark both seem redundant with a tanking juggernaut.

I'm also not above using the ship droid, largely because I run crafting so often but also because I use him as free storage for gear I intend for HK-51.

I lvled with Vette until I got Jessa, andI played with her until lvl 50.

Now at lvl 50 I've geared upp Quinn alot, and I hope that I'll be able to take bosses on my own in the near future. But when running around I use to bring Vette :)

I'm a Sith Juggernaut using the Vengeance tree. I switched to Quinn when I got him, and used him until I got Jaesa, then used her until around level 40, really only for the whole master and apprentice image.

At that point, and out of curiosity, I geared up Quinn and tried him again and the difference was immediately apparent, I sailed through several levels with him, finished almost every fight on 90% or more health, even against Elites, where previously with Jaesa I had been fighting for my life (and losing hers) on many occasions.

Based on my playing style, I consider it a big mistake to have switched to Jaesa, I know I'd have progressed much more quickly with Quinn. When I start a Marauder, I know who'll be at my side.

Bolded parts are short word summaries of my feelings on each companion.

Vette: Never used beyond when she was my only companion. As someone above stated; her demeanor does not fit a Sith Warrior that much. Even though she is really the only companion you have affection quests that take you places the quest themselves don't endear me to her. Not only that but her attitude/quests pretty much require you to be the "sarcastic good-guy" to gain affection "naturally" with her. In short: I hate using her.

Quinn: Pretty much the de facto best companion for tanking Juggernauts (and even some non-tanking ones). He is loyal (to a degree); very imperialistic (which fits nicely with the "loyal servant" theme he puts out). His backstory makes sense; and he can play a good off-healing or off-dps quite well. His utility as a companion is only matched by his decent story.

Jaesa: Good eye-candy melee dps. And I'm not talking about her looks either! Having a double-bladed lightsaber wielder is just fun to play with. Her story is very good; there are some extremes which could have been done better but overall she fits very well into the Sith Warrior role/storyline (especially if you turn her). Her DPS isn't bad. She does some nice AoE and single target DPS but the reason a lot of people misjudge her is because being in melee she takes more damage. If I'm not using Quinn, I'm using Jaesa.

Broonmark: Backstory is very weak. Everytime I talked to Broonmark I felt like yelling "HULK SMASH" because that's how came off. He comes off as brutish; and his nature doesn't really make sense for his race. His story for wanting to side with the Sith Warrior is such a far stretch it's ridiculous. Not only that, but he's a melee tank. Very redundant for Juggernauts.

Pierce: His story gained through affection is actually decent; but since you cannot participate in it; it becomes a bit of a letdown. His introductory story isn't bad; and Pierce plays a nice backup to Quinn in terms of the "loyal imperial servant". Where Quinn is the loyal commissioned officer; Pierce is the loyal NCO. It provides a nice mix; however his skillset is a bit redundant as a ranked tank. His damage isn't that bad if put into a DPS stance, but he doesn't have the AoE abilities of Vette. I wish I had a better reason to use him but I don't so he stays on the shelf.

2V-R8: Moderately good as your first healer before you get Quinn; will be better in 1.2 hopefully. Pretty much a de-facto gatherer for crew skills though.

Jaesa: Good eye-candy melee dps. And I'm not talking about her looks either! Having a double-bladed lightsaber wielder is just fun to play with. Her story is very good; there are some extremes which could have been done better but overall she fits very well into the Sith Warrior role/storyline (especially if you turn her). Her DPS isn't bad. She does some nice AoE and single target DPS but the reason a lot of people misjudge her is because being in melee she takes more damage. If I'm not using Quinn, I'm using Jaesa.

Her DPS is better than "not bad". Once proper skills are switched on/off and correct stats are there, it's insane. Plus she's getting armor boost in 1.2 which will be all the more sweeter against those melee heavy hitters that are capable of burning her down quick.

This my be simple case of personal pereference but having my own apprentice with double-bladed saber flipping next to me, shouting "I'LL TASTE YOUR BLOOD" when engaging a mob, is refreshing.

Vette because you can rock her DPS without her attracting much aggro when I used the tank build;

Quinn post-Centurion gear offloads for healing in my rage/rage-hybrid builds...

Lvl 35-47 it was mostly Pierce in full battle gear because he survived best while playing above his level...

Never Broonmark or Jaessa, not much help really

Great feed back guys I really appreciate, yea just as some of you have said I really want to run jaesa but the down time just sucks compared to Quinn. Hes a beast. Also I might have less down time if I was a Jugg but im full blown slayer mode with the Marauder but very rarely do I have to stop and take a breather with quinn. I might have to pull Jaesa back out and take a look at her abilities because I really want the image of Master and (Hott) Apprentice :p ya know. I think most of the Star Wars nerds such as myself can agree that is pretty bad *** imo. I just cant make it work LOL

I guess I should back up and ask some questions, ok so if I have not played a companion in a while how do I get his gear up to par? Go to Auction house and gear him like that? And another question, for the guys using Jaesa what abilities do you switch off? I turned off a few dots in attempt for her not to waste the GCD and focus more on delivering more burst dmg. I mean she is a npc I cant imagine her really being smart enough to know when an enemy is at 15% HP I dont need to put a dot on him kinda thing.

And another question, for the guys using Jaesa what abilities do you switch off? I turned off a few dots in attempt for her not to waste the GCD and focus more on delivering more burst dmg. I mean she is a npc I cant imagine her really being smart enough to know when an enemy is at 15% HP I dont need to put a dot on him kinda thing.

Switch on charge, 6sec cd weapon damage attack and 15sec cd bleed (internal damage is always nice). Switch off Blade Ward and Combat Acumen. You should also switch off Dark Lightning once she has good amounts of crit and accuracy but in all honesty, I prefer to lose a bit of her dps and gain increased value on sheer awesome that lightning has, so it's a personal preference for me but overall it's beneficial to switch it off. For fighting normal and strong mobs go arp stance. For single elites / bosses etc, go bleed stance.

Stack crit and surge with some accuracy here and there.

Ok so I brought my Marauder back out and he is chugging along the ranks. I find myself in hoth and I have just been going through the companions finding which ones are working for me and which ones are not. So far I think Quinn is the best one for me so far then Pierce. I would like to use Jaesa but she just dies so quick and I have to stop and rest after every few set of mobs, but if I use quinn its like I never have to stop. What are some of you doing if you are not using Quinn because like I said I would love to use the Jaesa being that I turned her to the dark side and all that cool jazz but I think she sucks...input please.

I for me i just use Vette, Because i read the books and i loved eleena so much, its the reason i went warrior because of Darth Malgus. (spoiler). And sure i die alot at times but there is other times i dont die. i think its really up to you on what companion you tolerate. and trust me you will soon hate quin and level 50s know what i mean later down the storyline.