Bioware might not go through with the 6 second nerf

Sharpiie

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I'll Rocket Punch.

What do you propose I do for the next 9 seconds while that's on cd? <.<

Flame Burst is a very hefty chunk of all PT dps. Especially Pyro, as CGC is useful for its damage even if you don't need the snare. The snare is also 2 seconds, so Flame Burst keeps them in melee range for the next Rocket Punch.

Does noone read my posts? =(

You wont be able to FB OR RP as youll be waiting for your heat to hit an acceptable level before PPA proc is up. come on now. All you have now is Auto attack and FB RP RS every 6 seconds.

Edited by Theology

Okay, so I'll Rocket Punch.

What do you propose I do for the next 9 seconds while that's on cd? <.<

Flame Burst is a very hefty chunk of all PT dps. Especially Pyro, as CGC is useful for its damage even if you don't need the snare. The snare is also 2 seconds, so Flame Burst keeps them in melee range for the next Rocket Punch.

If you're at rocket punch range and you got rail out of cd, you are failing even more. The whole purpose of pyro is to rail whenever it is possible, above all else. Now I think I'm giving too much good advice :D

Why would you flame burst someone with rail out of CD? Do you need a snare that bad? Can't happen too often...Just rail, and if it gets out of 10m range, pull, snare, maybe proc and profit.

You would use FB in the case that someone's really low HP and you dont want to waste your rail shot on them...or you just need to snare them?

You would use FB in the case that someone's really low HP and you dont want to waste your rail shot on them...or you just need to snare them?

Why don't you just use rapid shots? You'll kill it, and you will have low enough heat to **** another dude comin' your way. Just saying.

EDIT: And rail is 30m. Target another, rail, target back and flame then. This ofc won't work in 1.2 as often, but...Because you ARE wasting rail shots whenever you're using FB or RP with Rail out of CD...

Edited by SneiK

If you're at rocket punch range and you got rail out of cd, you are failing even more. The whole purpose of pyro is to rail whenever it is possible, above all else. Now I think I'm giving too much good advice :D

Oh, I must have misread what you wrote, I thought you meant when rail was on cd. Yeah, obviously you'd RS if it's off cd, unless you're spamming Rapid Shots to wait out the 6 second timer and hope for a quick proc.

But that's really the entire problem we've been talking about. Sorry, I got confused. Just got home from work and sat down, etc.

Continue. : P

Why don't you just use rapid shots? You'll kill it, and you will have low enough heat to **** another dude comin' your way. Just saying.

EDIT: And rail is 30m. Target another, rail, target back and flame then. This ofc won't work in 1.2 as often, but...

Other then the obvious fact that Flameburst is a crap ton more damage then Rapid shots?

General Rotation for those who play a Pyro is

TD,FlameBurst,Railshot...

You can do IM instead of FB, but the concept behind the class is in fact, Burst, and FB provides simply more burst damage in the Rotation.

Oh, I must have misread what you wrote, I thought you meant when rail was on cd. Yeah, obviously you'd RS if it's off cd, unless you're spamming Rapid Shots to wait out the 6 second timer and hope for a quick proc.

But that's really the entire problem we've been talking about. Sorry, I got confused. Just got home from work and sat down, etc.

Continue. : P

Nooo problem m8. Sorry if the tone was a bit harsh, misunderstaning ^^.

Other then the obvious fact that Flameburst is a crap ton more damage then Rapid shots?

General Rotation for those who play a Pyro is

TD,FlameBurst,Railshot...

You can do IM instead of FB, but the concept behind the class is in fact, Burst, and FB provides simply more burst damage in the Rotation.

Son, let me give you an advice. Flame burst is in no way spammable. You spam it, if rail is on cd, and pretty much everything is on cd. This is a little secret...But let's say, remember the dot...You're wasting dot dmg by spamming it. And you're getting overheat which leads to bad dmg.

And...The ONLY purpose of IM is that you can rail 30m as it's the only dot you can use at that distance (well, you could use CC, but that's 50s-1min cd).

Because Rapid shots ~500 weapon damage may not be enough, where as a 1.3-1.5 flameburst would be?

well, rail is about same if it does not crit, and it generates less heat so I'd go with rail, if rapids are not enough. To my experience, just using rapids and letting things cool off is a lot more effective.

Son, let me give you an advice. Flame burst is in no way spammable. You spam it, if rail is on cd, and pretty much everything is on cd. This is a little secret...But let's say, remember the dot...You're wasting dot dmg by spamming it. And you're getting overheat which leads to bad dmg.

And...The ONLY purpose of IM is that you can rail 30m as it's the only dot you can use at that distance (well, you could use CC, but that's 50s-1min cd).

.....Ok

I have to ask, Do you even play a Pyro? Or you just trolling us with stupidity..

A. Other then Flameburst, You have Rocketpunch... There is no other ability you want to be using on your Pyrotech unless you're getting screwed on heat (in that case, rapidshots) Everything else you use when you're outside of "range" (aka Unload/IM)

B. You're not wasting dot damage by spamming flameburst, because bloody FB procs CBC (aka the dot)... So you doing Rapid shots and waiting for dot tics is vastly less damage then Flameburst and proccing CBC.

C. Again, the whole purpose is to get Railshot to proc, and you have 2 abilities that do that, Flameburst and Rocketpunch.. If you're not doing those two abilities, again.. you're doing it wrong..

Bloody bads i swear..

As many Powertechs know, Bioware is planning on adding a 6 second cooldown to Railshot resets. This may not happen because at the top of the patch notes, it says that none of the changes are final. So maybe if enough people complain, they will not do this?

They used to say the samething during beta, and continued to do pretty much what they wanted; Testers be damned.

Edited by Geoduck

.....Ok

I have to ask, Do you even play a Pyro? Or you just trolling us with stupidity..

A. Other then Flameburst, You have Rocketpunch... There is no other ability you want to be using on your Pyrotech unless you're getting screwed on heat (in that case, rapidshots) Everything else you use when you're outside of "range" (aka Unload/IM)

B. You're not wasting dot damage by spamming flameburst, because bloody FB procs CBC (aka the dot)... So you doing Rapid shots and waiting for dot tics is vastly less damage then Flameburst and proccing CBC.

C. Again, the whole purpose is to get Railshot to proc, and you have 2 abilities that do that, Flameburst and Rocketpunch.. If you're not doing those two abilities, again.. you're doing it wrong..

Bloody bads i swear..

Does my post look that noobish to you? Well, I can link you to some screenshots, but I can't bother. Let's say...If objectives didn't require me to do something different than dps...I have never been beaten in dps...Not even a single time. This includes under lvl50 bracket, in which I soloed fresh 50s starting from lvl25+. Stealthers were bad since we got that scan at 36 or smthing...

I don't mean to offend you, just here to help you.

A. How the **** did you lose TD in your rotation dude? As a pyro I use ALL my abilities...Some more than others but I use all of 'em. Every single ability has a place in my 'rotation'. And it gets me to an average of 400-600k dmg per match without sweat.

B. You are wasting dot dmg if you refresh it before it ends (that is, wasting dmg potential). This is the time to throw in something else. If you want to spam FB, swap targets so you dot as much as you can.

C. Rail is ranged (90% base accuracy), so it is in no way, the only ability that you use for dps. And it is range dependant (can't use too good when 10+ range). 0 heat, you can IM and rail, but you can't proc it (another place to do something different here). With heat, you can use sensor overrides and then IM + rail.

Just some quick thoughts...

Edited by SneiK

Does my post look that noobish to you? Well, I can link you to some screenshots, but I can't bother. Let's say...If objectives didn't require me to do something different than dps...I have never been beaten in dps...Not even a single time. This includes under lvl50 bracket, in which I soloed fresh 50s starting from lvl25+. Stealthers were bad since we got that scan at 36 or smthing...

A. How the **** did you lose TD in your rotation dude? As a pyro I use ALL my abilities...Some more than others but I use all of 'em. Every single ability has a place in my 'rotation'. And it gets me to an average of 400-600k dmg per match without sweat.

B. You are wasting dot dmg if you refresh it before it ends. This is the time to throw in something else. If you want to spam FB, swap targets so you dot as much as you can.

C. Rail is ranged (90% base accuracy), so it is in no way, the only ability that you use for dps. And it is range dependant (can't use too good when 10+ range). 0 heat, you can MI and rail, but you can't proc it (another place to do something different here). With heat, you can use sensor overrides and then MI + rail.

Just some quick thoughts...

A. TD will be close to impossible to use, heat wise, with 1.2

B. That is stupid an ineffective. Killing targets > Dot'ing other people. It's not wasted DoT damage because you paid no heat for it by itsself. It's refreshed every Fb, it's impossible to 'waste' it. Using a lesser attack just in hopes of not watsing insignificant DoT damage when you could kill the target is seriously ineffective.

Edited by Theology

EDIT: And rail is 30m. Target another, rail, target back and flame then. This ofc won't work in 1.2 as often, but...Because you ARE wasting rail shots whenever you're using FB or RP with Rail out of CD...

yes because we all know how rapid is our best finisher, because people dont pop their cooldowns, medpacks, immunities, the speedboosts when they are low on health. In what PvP world do you live in where you constantly kill off people with rapid shot?!? OMG the insane things people are writing on this thread.

Target another, rail, target back and flame?!? lol so now our burst is so good that it is wasted on one target, and we need to efficiently distributed between 2 or more...we are THAT good. Do us all a favor and please stop replying.

Son, Flame burst is by all means spammable currently as a finisher even when a pyro knows he'll overheat. The fact that you get an initial CGC damage, a new snare, and an elemental damage that does way more than rapid shot, is very good reason to chance overheating to finish off the kill. And every Pyro is very comfortable overheating when they know they have a good chance of finishing off the kill. Then by the time you target someone else and be within their 10m, you're back at optimum.

A. TD will be close to impossible to use, heat wise, with 1.2

B. That is stupid an ineffective. Killing targets > Dot'ing other people. It's not wasted DoT damage because you paid no heat for it by itsself. It's refreshed every Fb, it's impossible to 'waste' it. Using a lesser attack just in hopes of not watsing insignificant DoT damage when you could kill the target is seriously ineffective.

Don't wanna argue about the TD or not. I know what I'm doing works for me, might not work for you bro.

But, let me make an example, since you don't understand what I'm trying to tell you. You use FB on a char A which does 500dmg. Let's say the dot is 5 sec and it does 100dmg per sec each tick. You are spamming FB and decide to go for another FB after 1 GCD. You will do another 500dmg and reset the dot...Let's assume you afk then. In 5 seconds you did 500dmg+100dmg(dot only got one tick)+500dmg+300dmg.= 1400dmg. This cost you 32 heat.

Now, if you used FB on 2 different enemies, it will cost you 32heat and it will do 500+500+500+500dmg in 5 seconds = 2000dmg.

The math is not full proof with all the time averaging, but you should get the point. But yes, there are situations where spike beats overall dmg, but just wanted to point this out. If a class enables you to do more dmg on multiple targets, why not let the snipers do the spike? multiple targets taking more dmg will get healers sweating...

If you really PVP by running around tab targetting and spamming flame burst to get dots on people, I never want you on my team. Killing people>dot'ing people.

Will Tab target dott'ing do more damage overall? Yes.

Is it insignificant damage that does really nothing other than pad your end game scoreboard? Yes.

Is slaughtering one person by focusing fire way better than doing the above? Absolutely

Edited by Theology

yes because we all know how rapid is our best finisher, because people dont pop their cooldowns, medpacks, immunities, the speedboosts when they are low on health. In what PvP world do you live in where you constantly kill off people with rapid shot?!? OMG the insane things people are writing on this thread.

Target another, rail, target back and flame?!? lol so now our burst is so good that it is wasted on one target, and we need to efficiently distributed between 2 or more...we are THAT good. Do us all a favor and please stop replying.

Yes, I distribute it when I can. The issue was about wasting a rail (using FB when you have rail out of cd). To help your teammates, you can wait for 1.5sec and use that rail on someone else before another FB for the kill.

Sorry, I don't live in a 1v1 world. I don't overheat for a kill. I keep my heat where I want it and I kill when it pleases me. You overheat killing the first guy, you know what happens to your team with the other 7?

But hey, don't hate me, I'm not telling you how to do things. I'm telling you how I do things, and for me it's working. I know I'm good, and I'm able to discuss different approaches in a civilized manner with other players. Someone that stomps others ideas and thinks their way is the best (they know everything) is no good player. That is all I have to say to you.

If you really PVP by running around tab targetting and spamming flame burst to get dots on people, I never want you on my team. Killing people>dot'ing people.

Will Tab target dott'ing do more damage overall? Yes.

Is it insignificant damage that does really nothing other than pad your end game scoreboard? Yes.

Is slaughtering one person by focusing fire way better than doing the above? Absolutely

Your only trolling my messages so I'll go now xD Where did I say I run around like that? Did you read it, did you understand it?

I left out what happens if you use, say FB and DT for the same cost to one target, which = a helluva more dmg. I thought you would see this as well. The point was to show you, that in every case you ARE wasting dmg potential to both single and multiple targets by spamming FB. Period. If you don't believe this, don't. I hope cross server qs will come and I can show the error of your ways as this argument is only won there.

Good Bye.

Edited by SneiK

Does my post look that noobish to you?

Well you definitely fooled me!

Well, I can link you to some screenshots, but I can't bother. Let's say...If objectives didn't require me to do something different than dps...I have never been beaten in dps...Not even a single time. This includes under lvl50 bracket, in which I soloed fresh 50s starting from lvl25+. Stealthers were bad since we got that scan at 36 or smthing...

You did that without boost?! amazing. Again because we all know the challenge in pvp is in the 11-49 bracket. After that is easy. lol

lol, now you're lying. Because you are definitely offensive, not just in tone, but also in logic.

This may come as a surprise to a "seasoned" Pyro such as yourself, but there many many Pyros currently who dont even spec TD, myself included.

B. You are wasting dot dmg if you refresh it before it ends (that is, wasting dmg potential). This is the time to throw in something else. If you want to spam FB, swap targets so you dot as much as you can.

Oh so you are specifically talking PvE now, which no pyro spam FB in. But in terms of PvP, which it clearly shows you are clueless about, most of us are often fighting players that get their dots removed. That's of course not mentioning the other benefits of FB over rapid shots. Brilliant advice to spam a high heat ability on multiple targets. wow those 300dmg per tick are going to cripple your foes, also assuming they dont get cleansed.

C. Rail is ranged (90% base accuracy), so it is in no way, the only ability that you use for dps. And it is range dependant (can't use too good when 10+ range). 0 heat, you can IM and rail, but you can't proc it (another place to do something different here). With heat, you can use sensor overrides and then IM + rail.

What? Rail is range dependent? cant use too good when 10m+?? I think your character is bugged. You should definitely report it.

But yes, there are situations where spike beats overall dmg, but just wanted to point this out. If a class enables you to do more dmg on multiple targets, why not let the snipers do the spike? multiple targets taking more dmg will get healers sweating...

Yes the situations where spike beats overall dmg, is called PvP. I will take 1 RS crit everyday over CGC dots on 10 targets! You're giving out advice with tab targeting and throwing a pathetic dot around and justifying it by saying you would make healers sweat? yea maybe healers running with medpacks instead of using their abilities. lol

For one that is giving out advice, you really should take one. Here it is; stop replying. You really are looking extremely bad right now. Stop before you loose any once of credibility you have left.