Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Amazing! LEGACY armor sets, I likes it!

Tricky-Ha

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These armor sets are only "amazing" when compared to the absolute crap that is already in the game.

In my opinion the quality of equipment skins is divided up something like this:

2% SWEET looking

5% decent looking

70% bland

23% *** IS THAT?! /wrists

They ****ed over Marauder's AGAIN.

All of our armor STILL looks like *********** Juggernaut ****.

Total fail for Marauders.

Sentinels made out though. **** you guys on general principle.

So now Sentinels have 1 decent looking set while Marauders have how many...? :p

I guess you can't please everyone, even when BW keeps it simple like some of you wanted you still moan and groan i mean cut them some damn slack jesus. I like the sets nice and simple keep it up BW.

While I think that this gear does look very good in comparison to pretty much all of endgame gear, I suspect that most of the gear appearances is already in game? Which is what I think most people are complaining about. Im happy if that gear is orange and fully moddable. Im slightly disgruntled that in general, pvp armor always looks better than PVE armor.

In any case, this is the direction to go, costume designers.

Edited by Karkais

Dulfy has the goods.

Sith Imperial LEGACY gear.

Republic LEGACY gear.

Why have you been hiding this stuff for so long BioWare? That isht is crazy, you guys are crazy. Thanks for finally putting decent gear in with 1.2's patch, seriously, thanks.

whats "amazing" about it, all those models exist in game already. Its just a slight recolor (just a diffrent shade of the same color)

Legacy gear as it is is worthless fluff. They should of made the items scale with level. As they are now its useless junk.

My mercenary should be satisfied with exalted armor but my sentinel not so much. Two hooded robes is not the best choice with all those whining about hood and bald head. I hope next time devs give us set like this:

http://gyazo.com/0f1469756e94c1ebf1193ee79948d694

or this:

http://gyazo.com/41a6d72cf77801b4deb58bf7c2f56451

Edited by Iras_

All look great. What's interesting is here there is an acknowlegdement that less is more and that these are good looking gear, even if they are rehashed existing models. The point is that someone understands the distinction at BW, yet the preplexing thing is that they still made the 1.2 hideous moose gear.

The Guardian Exalted is level 33ish green/blue dropped gear (often from Taral V reg mode), just in an orange version. I've been hoping for some time for an orange version of that gear, cause it does look great. Will I drop a million creds on a full set and grind to 20 legacy for it? Maybe; if it had 3 mod slots in each yes, but as is I can craft a particular set of gear that looks as good but in purple will beat it for stats, so not sure.

Yeah, these look a lot like the lower level crafted armor, but it's nice they are orange. I also think some of these would be fine WITHOUT the little tail sticking out. And, I am a bit disappointed in the Marauder outfit. By the way, do these armors have the augment slots? If not, why would I buy these when I can have augmented orange armor?

More orange choices, even if just reskins, is great.

Including bracers and belts in the sets - double plus good.

But making it class specific is not so good. I would like to be able to use this stuff for companions but it seems as if I can't. This makes me a sad panda :(

I will be checking them out when servers come up though.

Also I hope they add some means of retrofitting existing gear with augment slots sooner rather than later (I think I saw mention of this as a possibility someplace).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.