Is there a downside to this?

kaboro

Its not bad at all. Just because your playing an imperial character doesnt mean you have to go dark.

Both light and dark side points are viable for both republic and imperial characters. There is nothing wrong with making a light side imperial agent, it is just as viable and just as strong as a dark side imperial agent. It will just have a different story.

Its not bad at all. Just because your playing an imperial character doesnt mean you have to go dark.

Both light and dark side points are viable for both republic and imperial characters. There is nothing wrong with making a light side imperial agent, it is just as viable and just as strong as a dark side imperial agent. It will just have a different story.

Exactly what i wanted to hear, thank you.

As long as you pick either light or dark, but not both, you are ok. Gameplay-wise Light and Dark are the same -- as you increase in Light/Dark level, you get access to more powerful items.

However, you subtract the smaller number from the larger one to get your level -- so if you have 4000 dark and 1000 light, you will be 3000 dark (in this case, your light points are only impeding your "dark level" and you gain no benefit from them). You only want to accumulate one, Dark or Light.

That all said, it doesn't really matter that much for non-Force users, as the main benefits seem to be items for Sith and Jedi (although there are handy relics which you can use). See the Light/Dark vendors on the fleet to see what you could potentially buy.

However, you subtract the smaller number from the larger one to get your level -- so if you have 4000 dark and 1000 light, you will be 3000 dark (in this case, your light points are only impeding your "dark level" and you gain no benefit from them). You only want to accumulate one, Dark or Light.

I thought that only applied after you hit 10K in either one...

You actually did yourself a favor by going Light. 95 % of the Imperial population goes Dark which results in an abundance of cheap Light items on the GTN, items people more or less are giving away since they cant use them. Some Dark items, on the other hand, can be impossible to find and if you're lucky enough to find one it'll cost you a small fortune.

Seeing that they've recently changed the color restrictions on crystals and that you're using guns, with blasts that arent as obvious as lightsabers, you're pretty much in the clear with Light.

I guess the problem could be companion affection. I havent played the class so I don't know what the "romance" companion likes but mine, I'm a sorc, is a former Jedi so she wanted me to pick the Light option despite that I'm sith.

Edited by MidichIorian

I guess the problem could be companion affection. I havent played the class so I don't know what the "romance" companion likes but mine, I'm a sorc, is a former Jedi so she wanted me to pick the Light option despite that I'm sith.

I've been playing a female Imperial Agent lately and Vector prefers diplomatic decisions and ones which aren't anti alien species. I found it easy to make LS decisions with him. With the female romanceable companions, it seems Kaliyo is more dark and Raina Temple is more light on the whole.

I've been playing a female Imperial Agent lately and Vector prefers diplomatic decisions and ones which aren't anti alien species. I found it easy to make LS decisions with him. With the female romanceable companions, it seems Kaliyo is more dark and Raina Temple is more light on the whole.