Why swtor fail

unicornfive

Its amazing that a so expensive MMO doesnt give enough options to their customers...

I ll explain bellow what i mean :

I played 2 big mmos till now WoW and Warhammer

Because i (and many other ppl i know) always hated Dual wield, i played 1 wep (2h) classes. (Talking about warrior style classes only)

And those 2 games had to many options and many gameplays to fit

Warhammer :

2h warrior-priest

2h slayer

2h Kotbs

2h ironbreaker

Wow :

2h arms warrior

2h Death knight

2h Paladin

2h shaman

and

SWTOR :

? juggernaut???

So lets say im a new player and i ask an advice : I wanna play a 2h (1 weapon / non-dual wield) class in SW tor, a pure dps warrior class, what class to play?? Juggernaut??

What spec juggernaut has? 1 tanking (useless to me, i want dps) , 1 dot spec that does 1/5 of dmg of mara dot spec, and 1 nice spec, that after 1.2 will be exactly the same as marauder spec, but with 1 less wepon in my hands and less and worse defensive cds...and with less dmg)

And many of u will tell "if u want pure dps class roll marauder" and they wont be wrong...cause this game DOES..NOT..HAVE..1h..DPS...classes....

and bioware wants it so succeed...

My point?

Why did they added the common spec in a game that doesnt have so many classes avaiable? Why mara does NOT have a 1hand dps spec instead of the copy-pase rage spec??

Why there are in game 2 "rogue" classes and only 1 warrior non dual wield class, which is not even a dps class??

Sry for my long rage post but i didnt expect much big from this game but stil failed to satisfy me...

As a star wars fun, i wanted to the most common thing u see in movies an other star wars games, to be in this mmo...which is :

The msot common thing u see in movies...

1 sith/jedi

with ONE lightsaber

with SITH black robes, and with RED color lightsaber..

and in the game : only 1 subclass in game uses ONE lightsaber (dont say sorc, they dont even use it...they dont even throw it with force.........)

Once u get champion/columi, lightsaber color is purple, then higher it gets red-black...Jeez

And the robes in this game are.... Ops, no black sith ROBES in a STAR WARS game :D

PS : While i was sure that gear cant be more ugly than it is allready... 1.2 comes :

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/17/1-2-new-armor-models/

Edited by unicornfive

With the staggering number of bugs, class balance problems, poor customer service, worse technical support, and the mistakes they made that other MMOs figured out 10 years ago you're complaining about this. Really?

but i wanna play dps class and not dual wield!!! :(

If i reroll mara and remove 1 lightsaber form his off-hand, his dmg would be still higher than jugg vengeance spec :( And after 1.2 mara rage spec would be superior to jugg one

Edited by unicornfive

Its amazing that a so expensive MMO doesnt give enough options to their customers...

I ll explain bellow what i mean :

I played 2 big mmos till now WoW and Warhammer

Because i (and many other ppl i know) always hated Dual wield, i played 1 wep (2h) classes. (Talking about warrior style classes only)

And those 2 games had to many options and many gameplays to fit

Warhammer :

2h warrior-priest

2h slayer

2h Kotbs

2h ironbreaker

Wow :

2h arms warrior

2h Death knight

2h Paladin

2h shaman

and

SWTOR :

? juggernaut???

So lets say im a new player and i ask an advice : I wanna play a 2h (1 weapon / non-dual wield) class in SW tor, a pure dps warrior class, what class to play?? Juggernaut??

What spec juggernaut has? 1 tanking (useless to me, i want dps) , 1 dot spec that does 1/5 of dmg of mara dot spec, and 1 nice spec, that after 1.2 will be exactly the same as marauder spec, but with 1 less wepon in my hands and less and worse defensive cds...and with less dmg)

And many of u will tell "if u want pure dps class roll marauder" and they wont be wrong...cause this game DOES..NOT..HAVE..1h..DPS...classes....

and bioware wants it so succeed...

My point?

Why did they added the common spec in a game that doesnt have so many classes avaiable? Why mara does NOT have a 1hand dps spec instead of the copy-pase rage spec??

Why there are in game 2 "rogue" classes and only 1 warrior non dual wield class, which is not even a dps class??

Sry for my long rage post but i didnt expect much big from this game but stil failed to satisfy me...

As a star wars fun, i wanted to the most common thing u see in movies an other star wars games, to be in this mmo...which is :

The msot common thing u see in movies...

1 sith/jedi

with ONE lightsaber

with SITH black robes, and with RED color lightsaber..

and in the game : only 1 subclass in game uses ONE lightsaber (dont say sorc, they dont even use it...they dont even throw it with force.........)

Once u get champion/columi, lightsaber color is purple, then higher it gets red-black...Jeez

And the robes in this game are.... Ops, no black sith ROBES in a STAR WARS game :D

PS : While i was sure that gear cant be more ugly than it is allready... 1.2 comes :

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/17/1-2-new-armor-models/

Are you blind there is two DPS specs for Juggs also you have the SI tank which uses a double bladed light saber. Power tech is another tank class and has a lot of melee ability. All traditional warrior style classes. Edited by Asturias

so op means swtor fail's because there are no 2hnd class in the game, op have you played any class to 50 and have you notice any of the bug and glitches in this game at all? There are many things that makes swtor fail but your statement is so out of this universe.

I hope you someday will find the force, because it's sure ain't with you the time being.

Are you blind there is two DPS specs for Juggs also you have the SI tank which uses a double bladed light saber. Power tech is another tank class and has a lot of melee ability. All traditional warrior style classes.

Assassin is rogue class, not warrior class....

And powertech is warrior style??? He doesnt even have charge unless u are deep tank spec.

His most powerfull melee attack is not even melee. its ranged! He is more a hybrid mid ranged class than pure melee class

Assassin is rogue class, not warrior class....

And powertech is warrior style??? He doesnt even have charge unless u are deep tank spec.

His most powerfull melee attack is not even melee. its ranged! He is more a hybrid mid ranged class than pure melee class

Mmmm, assassins are warriors. They are some of the best tanks currently in game and think Bioware covered every style of warrior classes in this game. Charge doenst make the class a warrior class thats a perk also assassins do have a form of charge and they can use a single light saber with out reduction to dmg. Its just a cosmetic design.

All DPS classes are within 5% of each other

^ This is why SWTOR PVP is fail

If you do this.. then add utility to only some of the classes... you have imbalances.

Each class should have unique and different utility.

Sadly, some classes have none.

A sorc in huttball vs a merc in huttball is a great example. Both good dps... sorc has utility.. merc has none.

Bad class design.

Edited by Typheran

Now let's look at ranged weapons users...

Never really played Warhammer more then 10 levels.

In WoW I see...

Hunter

In SWTOR I see...

Sniper

Operative

Mercenary

Powertech

Seems fair to me that an MMO with futuristic technology use guns instead of swords and hammers.

Edited by snaplemouton

Now let's look at ranged weapons users...

Never really played Warhammer more then 10 levels.

In WoW I see...

Hunter

In SWTOR I see...

Sniper

Operative

Mercenary

Powertech

Seems fair to me that an MMO with futuristic technology use guns instead of swords and hammers.

operative and powertech ranged weapons are like gun/bow weapons of rogues and warriors in wow

Edited by unicornfive

I know man! Totaly! I expected such huge game to have ponies, but no, no ponies for us. Shame and fail on you BW, shame and fail. After all, WoW had ponies.

your complaints are so superficial, it amazes me that you even exist. don't worry, this game will become more polished, and will eventually preform the same as WoW.

because yes, we want this game to be like WoW, and that isn't a reason at all why this game is utterly terrible.

but i wanna play dps class and not dual wield!!! :(

If i reroll mara and remove 1 lightsaber form his off-hand, his dmg would be still higher than jugg vengeance spec :( And after 1.2 mara rage spec would be superior to jugg one

ROLL A PT QUICK! Before we get nerfed to oblivion! (We kinda 2h our pistols..)