FieldTech vs Enforcer ?

Grenadieroc

you're kidding right. look at the set bonuses. enforcer is for scoundrels, and even then the best scrappers i know prefer to use field tech since the enforcer set bonuses suck.

what are you going to do with the extra smuggle time as a gunslinger?

you're kidding right. look at the set bonuses. enforcer is for scoundrels, and even then the best scrappers i know prefer to use field tech since the enforcer set bonuses suck.

what are you going to do with the extra smuggle time as a gunslinger?

And they are probably bad scrappers compared to what's on my server.

First off

Hybrid armor build is necessary

I'm suprised you smugs don't know this.

Rakata Enforcer 2 pc bonus + Tech set 2 pc bonus = win

any other armor pieces are opinionated.

At least until 1.2 comes out

Edited by Ahebish

And they are probably bad scrappers compared to what's on my server.

First off

Hybrid armor build is necessary

I'm suprised you smugs don't know this.

Rakata Enforcer 2 pc bonus + Tech set 2 pc bonus = win

any other armor pieces are opinionated.

At least until 1.2 comes out

OP is a gunslinger. So no your hybrid armor doesn't apply to him or me.

You point out exactly what I was saying, PvP enforcer bonus sucks. I never said anything about mixing, just neglected to point out specifically that I was talking about PvP gear - the point I made was that even scrappers opt out of the PvP bonuses for enforcer. Good to know your server is super cool though.

5 additional energy > all.

FlyBy duration and Quickdraw range are just not very usefull Oo

Well FlyBy is but that's not enough to go for the set...

you are kidding right? It's not just quickdraw range (which is awesome having 40m range) but it also puts your only interrupt to 35m with the rest of your skills so you can safely interrupt whenever you want.

The 10 energy from sabo tree is good enough, you don't need the extra 5.

1 extra second to LOS to someone could mean life or death.

Pretty much unless vs Tech/Force attacks.

Dodge is only good vs weapon based damage that requires a defence roll.

Extra tick on Flyby is good and the extra range is very good for the 4 pc. bonus.

you are kidding right? It's not just quickdraw range (which is awesome having 40m range) but it also puts your only interrupt to 35m with the rest of your skills so you can safely interrupt whenever you want.

The 10 energy from sabo tree is good enough, you don't need the extra 5.

and still 115 energy is better..... these 5 let you put another skill into your rotation granting 100k more overall dmg or just more single target dmg in a 1on1 situation...

However since FlyBy gets aborted when you die and everytime I start one I get either interrupted or instantly focused to death anyway I can't see much use in one more tick.

Another thing is range which I simply don't need. Speaking of myself as a DF or sab/DF GS I never run out of energy and never feel like needing more range due to the fact I'm fuc**n mobile.

I only see a reason to take tech set when you are SS spec.

Edit: Oh I forgot about the better looks of the Tech... but hey..

Edited by Riiquiem

I like running 3 pve pieces and pvp everything else

the +10 energy on illegal mods is nice and I think the higher $tat$ are worth the 1% xpertiese bonus

although that might change witht he new patch

I pick 2/2 field tech/enforcer. The extra tick of flyby can be a lot of damage 3k crits to multiple people. Try dropping it on your healer for full effect, works I promise. Extra second of dodge can mean not taking a 3k crit yourself. I feel those are the most useful.

I'd rather have real damage based bonuses though, not somewhat indirectly have damage based bonuses. I think all of the set bonuses are pewp for gunslinger.

Vanguards get flat 5% damage while guarding someone or 15% crit on stockstrike. Those are some real set bonuses, we got shafted I think.

Edited by Exilim

and still 115 energy is better..... these 5 let you put another skill into your rotation granting 100k more overall dmg or just more single target dmg in a 1on1 situation...

However since FlyBy gets aborted when you die and everytime I start one I get either interrupted or instantly focused to death anyway I can't see much use in one more tick.

Another thing is range which I simply don't need. Speaking of myself as a DF or sab/DF GS I never run out of energy and never feel like needing more range due to the fact I'm fuc**n mobile.

I only see a reason to take tech set when you are SS spec.

Edit: Oh I forgot about the better looks of the Tech... but hey..

The argument is either choosing 5 energy or another tick on flyby and 35m distract, 40m execute. The answer is rather obvious to me. Especially if you spec into sabo at all, you will be getting more damage on that flyby, and more on the crit (if you go deep enough) which makes tech more useful for you. Choosing 5 energy when you already have 10 extra over a 35m distract doesn't seem worth it at all. Granted, as DF you are staying in 30m range anyway, so perhaps if you go pure DF you may not want 4piece tech. But for any hybrid spec, DF/sabo, SS/sabo, even SS/DF that range on two skills and flyby tick will give you more utility than 5 energy will.

Especially if we consider that now all three trees will have an energy regen skill to keep you up. I don't see the benefit of 5 extra energy over everything you get. I can't count the times I've been able to execute a runner force speeding away because of that 5 extra range. 40m is a hell of a long range to be able to blast a guy for 4k damage. It's given me far more utility.

So guys which set is better for SS and which for DF ? your ideas ?

Thanks

I bought Enforcer because I didn't even know the Field Tech stuff existed until I was done buying everything. Whoops.

In hindsight, would I have preferred field tech? Not really. Let's look at the set bonuses.

Enforcer

2-set: 1s extra on Dodge (nice for when you're getting focus fired)

4-set: 5 extra energy (Always on.)

Field Tech

2-set: 3s extra on XS Flyby (Meh. That's one DOT tick.)

4-set: +5m to Quickdraw (Nice, always on, but whatever.)

I'm a Sharpshooter spec Gunslinger and I like the Enforcer set bonuses. XS Flyby is ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT for nearly everything except keeping them off doors, and one extra tick of the DOT isn't going to make a huge difference. The extra 5m range on Quickdraw is nice, but I have lots of ways to finish someone off and don't always use Quickdraw, so the usefulness to me is low. On the flip side, an extra second to Dodge is nice, since I am constantly popping defensive cooldowns to live, and a constant 5 extra energy is useful to my overall damage.

Conclusion: Wear whichever set looks better to you. The set bonuses are not a game changer either way.