Mara Jade - the class she is most suited for

Sewerus

Hey,

So I wanted to create a character that resemble Mara Jade Skywalker.

I know that that she study under jedi knight Kyle Katarn but I was wondering what class would suit her best Jedi Knight or Jedi Consular.

She of course was part of smuggler alliance with Talon Karrde.

So she started to be Jedi Master around 25 ABY but she started her apprenticeship around 9 ABY.

So I am in a puzzle here.

I do not know what class would she suit best jedi knight or jedi consular or maybe smuggler ( that one doubtful since she wasn't that long with karrde).

So what do you guys think ?

What class would she the best suited.

Cheers,

Sew

It would be Jedi Knight. She is a melee combat expert. You could go Sentinel but Knight is probably going to be the best. She does learn a 2 saber combat eventually and uses it before her death, but her preferred and most used style was with a single lightsaber.

I am thinking if she was more of jedi master or jedi warrior ?

Since she used force the heal herself during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion and thus healed her son too due to that. I remember when reading books about the invasion she was meditating heal herself from her disease.

I am thinking if she was more of jedi master or jedi warrior ?

Since she used force the heal herself during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion and thus healed her son too due to that. I remember when reading books about the invasion she was meditating heal herself from her disease.

She was still portrayed as being more of a warrior even when she was a Jedi Master. Mara has just always been a fighter and a warrior so I'd go with the Jedi Guardian to be honest since she favored one lightsaber combat. As mentioned before she did learn to use a second lightsaber known as a Shoto because it was shorter and it was used to fight against the Lightwhip of Lumiya . So I'd pick Jedi Knight and then whichever AC you want.

Edited by GrandAdmrlThrawn

She was still portrayed as being more of a warrior even when she was a Jedi Master. Mara has just always been a fighter and a warrior so I'd go with the Jedi Guardian to be honest since she favored one lightsaber combat. As mentioned before she did learn to use a second lightsaber known as a Shoto because it was shorter and it was used to fight against the Lightwhip of Lumiya . So I'd pick Jedi Knight and then whichever AC you want.

If I got Jedi Knight, I probably will go sentinel due to that she wanted to fight, and sentinel is perfect for that.

If think Jaina Solo is more suited to be a guardian since she was fighting to protect others.

At least I see her this way.

If I got Jedi Knight, I probably will go sentinel due to that she wanted to fight, and sentinel is perfect for that.

If think Jaina Solo is more suited to be a guardian since she was fighting to protect others.

At least I see her this way.

I agree. I'm playing a Jedi Sage based off of Jacen Solo. Mara is certainly a fighter so I see no problem with a Sentinel. You can always imagine the off-hand saber is a Shoto lol.

EDIT: I can definitely see Jaina as a Guardian because it still fits with her being the "Sword of the Jedi" and also her fighting to protect others as you say.

Edited by GrandAdmrlThrawn

Why is almost every picture of her show her wearing tight leather tank tops that show off her boo---ohwait, I think I know why now...

To actually answer it seriously, it's because of the Decipher card back in the '90s. She was the first of the '90s EU characters to be portrayed by an actual person for a photo; problem was, it wasn't a great depiction. I much prefer her portrait on many of the NJO Japanese book covers, where the artists didn't use McRandle's likeness or hairdo for Mara.

But the thing that REALLY stuck, and doomed Mara to 'one outfit forever', was the sleeveless leather catsuit from that Decipher card, even tho nowhere in the Thrawn Trilogy or any book that took place afterward was she described as wearing anything like it. Jumpsuits, fatigues, gowns, robes, jackets with shirts & pants (like her Mysteries of the Sith outfit, basically)... but no sleeveless leather suit. It was used by the artists Dark Horse hired to adapt the Thrawn Trilogy into comics; it was used by Hasbro to make the first Mara action figure in '98 (and again a few years ago). It was used by the artist doing the covers of Legacy of the Force for "Sacrifice", even though by then Mara was in her late 50s and had been described as wearing pocket-covered gray fatigues in the book.

Anyway, given her smuggler background, a Jedi Knight would be fitting as they can wear a lot of smuggler-type armor (my Sent's currently sporting the Gunslinger's Jacket, and he's also got a Drelliad Jacket for when he wants a different look). She usually only uses one saber, so Guardian would work, tho she'd be penalized fro only wearing Medium armor. "Mara" and "heavy armor" don't really go together.

To actually answer it seriously, it's because of the Decipher card back in the '90s. She was the first of the '90s EU characters to be portrayed by an actual person for a photo; problem was, it wasn't a great depiction. I much prefer her portrait on many of the NJO Japanese book covers, where the artists didn't use McRandle's likeness or hairdo for Mara.

But the thing that REALLY stuck, and doomed Mara to 'one outfit forever', was the sleeveless leather catsuit from that Decipher card, even tho nowhere in the Thrawn Trilogy or any book that took place afterward was she described as wearing anything like it. Jumpsuits, fatigues, gowns, robes, jackets with shirts & pants (like her Mysteries of the Sith outfit, basically)... but no sleeveless leather suit. It was used by the artists Dark Horse hired to adapt the Thrawn Trilogy into comics; it was used by Hasbro to make the first Mara action figure in '98 (and again a few years ago). It was used by the artist doing the covers of Legacy of the Force for "Sacrifice", even though by then Mara was in her late 50s and had been described as wearing pocket-covered gray fatigues in the book.

Anyway, given her smuggler background, a Jedi Knight would be fitting as they can wear a lot of smuggler-type armor (my Sent's currently sporting the Gunslinger's Jacket, and he's also got a Drelliad Jacket for when he wants a different look). She usually only uses one saber, so Guardian would work, tho she'd be penalized fro only wearing Medium armor. "Mara" and "heavy armor" don't really go together.

That is why I think that Mara works good with sentinel class due to that she had more aggresive personally, and she loved to fight, and guardian is about protecting other.

Sentinel on the other hand is about fighting so in my opinion that is the reason that mara is more suited for that class.

She is like kyle katarn in a dress but with much better story.

Why is almost every picture of her show her wearing tight leather tank tops that show off her boo---ohwait, I think I know why now...

Because tight leather clothing + hot redheads = unbridled levels of awesome.

Edited by Aximand

*brofist*

Word, homie. Been a Mara fan since I first read Heir back in the early 90s. Awesome book, and I was like "Hmmm. Luke might have finally found his nug, if she can get over her insane urge to kill him." She did, and the rest is history. (except for Karen Traviss who needs to have all her Star Wars work retconned out of freakin' existence, imo.)

/rage over