1.2 Annihilation vs Carnage Discussion!

SirSparhawk

Ok Im pretty new to sentinel/marauder can any1 not so new give me some thoughts on what spec will be overall more damaging in pvp when 1.2 hits Carnage or annihilation. So far im annihilation and I love it, self heals lots of damage heavy dots. I hear carnage is burstier single target, is carnage like rage spec but single target based or what?

Once we gain a better understanding of..

• Ataru Form damage effects (procs) now deal weapon-based damage instead of Force-based damage. The overall damage of these effects has been increased by approximately 10%.

.. we can make a more informed decision on your question.

With the talents moving in trees and the changes to Ataru form I firmly believe Carnage will become the PvE spec to use. While Annihilation wont be very far behind.

The kicker will be the boss fights in the new operation. Currently Annihilation has fairly long ramp-up time to reach max dps (full annihilator stack) and the current boss mechanics can make you lose the stack. In EV alone boss mechanics work against Annihilation's max dps. Carnage doesn't have that issue, and the spec will only get better post 1.2.

If the new operation doesn't include lots of boss fights with transition phases then Annihilation might still be equal or just ahead of Carnage, but I doubt that will be the case as bioware seems found of those style fights.

I used carange in pve already.

The problem was in pvp, carnage's minor increase in DPS over time isnt enough to compensates for anni's heals in pvp. As per damage people would rather go in rage and drop massive smash crits and rack up damage that way. Both offer better survivability than carnage.

It really depends on what you want to do. People usually just stick with anni since they can pve with it and its the best single target wz build.

Going carnage, you lose the passive damage reduction in rage tree or the heals from bleeds in anni in exchange for nominal damage that occurs faster than would anni and more sustained dmg than would occur as a rage smash build.

The rage build has more ultility for pvp, however your game is basically building shockwave asap then unleashing devastating smashes, force crush has a slow to it as well..no real sustained dps all burst. you wont want rage in pve, the aoe is a hot mess in a lot of instances causing aggo issues .

Choose accordingly..i dont think 1.2 is going to be a significant change to the current setup. Carni might have slightly more dps than before, wont have any survivability, anni and rage will be the same....your still going to choose a tree based on pvp or pve or both.

Edited by Crunchyblack