The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BH Powertech is sooo lovley!

Macnord

Just wanna start by giving some facts to the table, i´m lvl 50 BH Powertech Valor 62 into pvp, with specc hybrid whit focus pyro!

It´s so awsome to play this class, i feel like it´s my playground all the time, offcourse some times the snipers piss me off and the lack of disapering skills but in the overall i LOVE the Powertech;)

I normally get between 8-10 medals and my winrate is about 70-30 in my server, Hex Droid...

Anyone else feel this way?

If acctully started playing alts but have a hard time do be away from my BH;)

love the powertech also and playing pyro mostly iv played a op up to 50 cant stand the game play and have a lower lvl sniper and sorc but by far the powertech is my favorite also this patch may change my thoughts on that... we are fine where we are at and dont need the nerf. i mean come on 6 secs little drastic i think with refreshing rail shot our advanced prototype tree needs the help tho its just a sad tree.

but we will see this is the first day the notes have come up on the forums so lets cross our fingers and hope we get a lot of feed back from those other bh and try to get bw to start thinking straight

... this patch may change my thoughts on that... we are fine where we are at and dont need the nerf.

There is no nerf. They are adding stability to the Rail Shot proc, and removing the randomness of RNG. Pyro Powertech is getting a buff if anything. Our burst will be much more predictable after the patch.

Right now, Powertechs are a rarity on most servers. I can think of only a handful on my server, and it's one of the largest. I might be the only BM Powertech there is, actually. After 1.2, I look for many players to start giving Powertech a try and boosting our numbers.

There is no nerf. They are adding stability to the Rail Shot proc, and removing the randomness of RNG. Pyro Powertech is getting a buff if anything. Our burst will be much more predictable after the patch.

Right now, Powertechs are a rarity on most servers. I can think of only a handful on my server, and it's one of the largest. I might be the only BM Powertech there is, actually. After 1.2, I look for many players to start giving Powertech a try and boosting our numbers.

No, unfortunately they are not removing the RNG. They are giving us RNG with an internal cooldown which is beyond ridiculous. (Flame burst is going to 45% chance, rocket punch to 60%, a mere 15% upgrade to the proc rate... you'll be lucky to get a railshot every 10s...).

Now if they made it 100% chance for both then it would be fine. Or if they just made PPA give railshot a 6s CD and remove the heat cost, but that would actually make sense, making sense is not Bioware's forte.

Clearly you are completely clueless. It is definitely a nerf to dps, which actually is not why current pyros are screaming about. It is more of a heat management nerf in a tree where it is hard already to stay at optimum. Third it completely destroys the fun and exciting factor of the tree.