Don't take away our "giggle/laugh" when upper hand procs in 1.2! =(

PerfectDuke

PLEASE don't take away the giggle. It's one of the things that makes playing a Sawbones fun!

My guild and regular groups all think it's hilarious. Laughing in the face of certain death!

If other classes are annoyed, make a UI option to disable external audio cues, but for those who like or don't mind them, let them keep them on.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed. Keep the giggle!! It's cheerful. I like it.

I don't understand. Can someone from BW please explain why they're removing it?

I've never seen one single post or thread complaining about the giggle. If there is one, I missed it. Yet there are countless, monsterously long threads on various subjects that they don't even comment on, much less do anything about. (cough....large vehicles on fleet...cough).

Did someone just casually mention it in the lunch room at BW one day and someone else said "oh yeah, that's annoying, let's get rid of it." ??

And it says they're removing the "grunt." What grunt? They don't even know what sound we actually make but they're going to remove it for whatever reason?

Seems to me the dev time could be better spent fixing things that actually need fixing, rather than "fixing" things that don't need it.

Well said

why are they even taking away the giggle?

why take the time to do that, what is the point

They are oing out of their way to get rid of an inconsequential little sound thta people like

is this what they do in free time:

Developer: hey, lets get rid of the giggle that smugglers have, becasue 5 poeple dont like it

Other higher ranking developer: Yea, great idea!!

:ph_lol: I sometimes wish i was a healer so i could hear that giggle.

Ringtone! :ph_lol:

You have just enough time to quickly make one and hear it... one last time before they kill all fun in this game.

The Devs are a bit like the Grinch I guess...

I bet it was C2-N2 taking revenge and snuck this "fix" in...

No seriously, I am having a blast if I hear a smuggler laughing like a mad monkey in the heat of battle, always brightens my day.

Also funny to mimic the sound when me and a smuggler are on Vent/Mumble and hear him mash his buttons for his skill... followed by "Damn you, Val!!!! xD" afterwards, hahaha.

But yeah, give it toggle option if anything. :p

Edited by Y-Yorle

Has the giggle already been removed from the game? Here is why is ask:

I had noticed the giggle for the first time on a team member about a week ago and asked them where it came from. They told me it's connected to their scoundrels upper hand skill. Because i liked it very much i continued playing my scoundrel again that i had been negleting for a while. I did not notice any giggle when upper hand was activated. I then noticed that people talking about it in threads here usually were sawbones skilled, so i respeced to that skill tree. Still no giggle. Then i read about someone who "unlocked" the giggle when he reached lvl 20 and put a point in slow-release medpac. I got to this point today but there is still only silence when upper hand comes up. So i'm asking myself: Has it already been removed with one of the smaller recent patches or is my character bugged? :(

Edited by Ecstatica

I had noticed the giggle for the first time on a team member about a week ago and asked them where it came from. They told me it's connected to their scoundrels upper hand skill. Because i liked it very much i continued playing my scoundrel again that i had been negleting for a while. I did not notice any giggle when upper hand was activated. I then noticed that people talking about it in threads here usually were sawbones skilled, so i respeced to that skill tree. Still no giggle. Then i read about someone who "unlocked" the giggle when he reached lvl 20 and put a point in slow-release medpac. I got to this point today but there is still only silence when upper hand comes up. So i'm asking myself: Has it already been removed with one of the smaller recent patches or is my character bugged? :(

I just logged off. It was still playing for me and others. Not sure why you can't hear it though...

A long long time ago

I can still remember how

That giggle used to make me smile

And I knew that if I had my chance

That I could make those emo sith dance

And maybe they'd be happy for a while...

But 1.2 on PTS made me shiver

With every update they'd deliver

Bad news in the forum thread

I dearly wish I had misread

I don't remember if I cried

When I read about my scoundrel's plight

But something touched me deep inside

The day the giggle died.

So

Bye, bye scoundrel's giggle bye...

A long long time ago

I can still remember how

That giggle used to make me smile

And I knew that if I had my chance

That I could make those emo sith dance

And maybe they'd be happy for a while...

But 1.2 on PTS made me shiver

With every update they'd deliver

Bad news in the forum thread

I dearly wish I had misread

I don't remember if I cried

When I read about my scoundrel's plight

But something touched me deep inside

The day the giggle died.

So

Bye, bye scoundrel's giggle bye...

This is awesome!! :D

You need to get "Medpac Mastery" talent, that lets SRMP proc upper hand. That`s where the giggle comes from. And additionally, when you heal someone below 30% with EMP, further up the tree ("Emergent Emergencies").

So yea, restating the obvious, I really want the giggle to stay! :(