Rank 60 will be needed for War Hero gear

oldshatterhand

Straight from the patch notes, in case you missed it:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=363056#Items_Vendors

Battlemaster PvP vendors now sell Battlemaster gear pieces for Warzone Commendations.

The Valor Rank requirement has been removed from Battlemaster earpieces and implants.

New War Hero PvP vendors can be found on the Republic and Imperial Fleets. They sell the new War Hero and Rated War Hero PvP sets for Ranked Warzone Commendations and the equivalent Battlemaster piece.

So in order to get the new gear you will need to turn in the old BM gear in addition to the ranked warzones commendations. BM gear will be easier to get since you can buy it with WZ comm, but it will still require rank 60 since they removed the valor requirement only from earpiece and implants.

I'm very happy with this, I worked hard to get rank 60 before the valor buff and even if it's a lot easier to get it now, at least it gets people an incentive to play more WZ then just for dailies.

You can buy Ranked War hero gear with just War hero commendations you get from running rated warfronts. You do not need rank 60 Valor to use the War Hero gear.

nope.

you need the battle master piece together with ranked commendations.

Edited by mothermonterr

Battlemaster PvP vendors now sell Battlemaster gear pieces for Warzone Commendations.

The Valor Rank requirement has been removed from Battlemaster earpieces and implants.

again, misinformation. It's the earpieces and implants that lose the valor requirement, if it were the whole set, it would say so, it doesn't.

Straight from the patch notes, in case you missed it:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=363056#Items_Vendors

So in order to get the new gear you will need to turn in the old BM gear in addition to the ranked warzones commendations. BM gear will be easier to get since you can buy it with WZ comm, but it will still require rank 60 since they removed the valor requirement only from earpiece and implants.

I'm very happy with this, I worked hard to get rank 60 before the valor buff and even if it's a lot easier to get it now, at least it gets people an incentive to play more WZ then just for dailies.

I know that is becuz i brought a 6 month sub mayby i should get anouther 1?

"Ranked Warzones

Pre-Season One of Ranked Warzones has begun!Participate for more competitive matches and greater rewards.

Level 50 players can queue solo or in a group of up to 8 players via the Queue Solo Ranked and Queue Group Ranked buttons in the Warzone Queue Window.

After a Ranked Warzone has ended, your Solo Rating or Group Rating will be adjusted based on the outcome of the match and the ratings of all players participating.

Players are rewarded Ranked Warzone Commendations based on performance; these Commendations can be used to purchase the new War Hero PvP gear.

Players with high ratings can purchase Rated War Hero gear and vehicles. Rated War Hero gear has the same stats as War Hero gear, but has a more prestigious appearance. "

Hold on, this

They sell the new War Hero and Rated War Hero PvP sets for Ranked Warzone Commendations and the equivalent Battlemaster piece

makes it sound like you can get normal WH gear for (free) but the rated WH requires BM.

So my question is what is the difference between the two?

Edited by AKfourtyseven

Hold on, this

makes it sound like you can get normal WH gear for (free) but the rated WH requires BM.

Players with high ratings can purchase Rated War Hero gear and vehicles. Rated War Hero gear has the same stats as War Hero gear, but has a more prestigious appearance. "

Rated War Hero gear has the same stats as the War hero gear it just has a different look. I am not 100% but from PTR you just need rated warfront commendations to purchase the non rated War Hero gear.

again, misinformation. It's the earpieces and implants that lose the valor requirement, if it were the whole set, it would say so, it doesn't.

I understand that it doesn't specify it in the patch notes, but they were very clear and explicit about it in the Guild Summit and subsequent interviews. All valor requirements for PvP gear are being removed. It's possible they changed their minds, but we will have to wait and see when someone gets a lvl 50 on the PTS to be sure.

I understand that it doesn't specify it in the patch notes, but they were very clear and explicit about it in the Guild Summit and subsequent interviews. All valor requirements for PvP gear are being removed. It's possible they changed their minds, but we will have to wait and see when someone gets a lvl 50 on the PTS to be sure.

I read also from the Guild Summit notes that the Valor rank is removed for gear and that the valor rank is now just for the titles you can achieve and being able to lead the warzone if you have the highest valor rank.

No valor rank will be needed, since the rank requirement for BM implants and earpieces will get removed, meaning none of the BM gear will have a valor rank requirement. Since there is currently no valor requirement on any BM piece on live servers besides ears and implants.

Only valor requirement currently to get BM pieces is because of the bag you need to obtain, which requires rank 60 to open, swell as the BM commendations which require rank 60 to buy.

So again, no, there will be no rank requirement for either of the pieces, just rating requirements for the rated pieces.

Its not that hard to figure out.

Edited by SneakyErvin

No valor rank will be needed, since the rank requirement for BM implants and earpieces will get removed, meaning none of the BM gear will have a valor rank requirement. Since there is currently no valor requirement on any BM piece on live servers besides ears and implants.

Only valor requirement currently to get BM pieces is because of the bag you need to obtain, which requires rank 60 to open, swell as the BM commendations which require rank 60 to buy.

So again, no, there will be no rank requirement for either of the pieces, just rating requirements for the rated pieces.

Its not that hard to figure out.

I was surprised someone hadn't already m entioned this...

the reason you didnt see in the patch notes "removed Valor rank requirement from BM set pieces" is because they never had one. THe valor requirement was on the bag - ergo you couldnt get them without valor 60. Only the ear/implants had the requirement (because you always bought those with Warzone/Merc coms).

Hold on, this

Well, at the moment to have full BM set you probably actually are a War Hero or higher. So a full War Hero set player will effectively be a War Hero or above.

Edited by Ewgal

Well then...I'm starting to feel like I wasted my time with PvP... I mean I do it for fun but I wouldn't have been so hardcore about and would have tried to do other things. The titles don't mean anything to me really. Much rather have done more lvling of other characters and then go hardcore PvP in the ranked WZ after 1.2. :-/

I guess we will have to wait and see the final patch notes in case they decide to make any more changes.

Edited by SillyTurtle

I´m sorry but to get this straight for me, my english is not the best!

War Hero rank is = Valor 70? or 64 as i heard somewere?

BM gear will be traded in for the new pvp set at patch 1,2.?

If u dont have BM gear u can buy the new gear with WZ commendations earned from a wz match. The amount earned is a result depending on your score/place in that WZ!

So if i now get the full BM set it will mean that when patch 1.2 gets her i have the War Hero outfit done and secured?

If i heard right the best ever gear would be the rakata with some pvp War Hero or BM mods? This will mean that all us suckers that played pvp and not pve will be outrunned gearwise from pve players that easylie can get the pvp set whit the new rules, am i right?

I saw a thread were someone were looking at the War hero vendor, was that at the test server or can i find him now???

I´m lvl 50 BH Valor 62