Combat in 1.2

Derewen

I recently switched from my oldie watchman to combat and I was thinking: "Wow, if they would give us faster centering, that would be awesome".

Patch notes 1.2

Watchman

- Valor is now located in Tier 1 of the skill tree.

So, when 1.2 is here, combat starts to shine.

hard to say how this will pan out, Master Strike will be improved too (assuming the master focus is still on tier 1 of focus tree) yet ataru form strikes will be weaker. (well they wont ignore defenses :p)

I think overall it is a good change, especially with precision > master strike combinations being both more reliable and more damage :)

I recently switched from my oldie watchman to combat and I was thinking: "Wow, if they would give us faster centering, that would be awesome".

Patch notes 1.2

So, when 1.2 is here, combat starts to shine.

I'm sorry, did you say you want faster centering? As long as I don't die, I'm lousy with the stuff...trouble is, in Ataru I don't care for any of the buffs except inspiration{15% on damage), which has the longest cd..zen just reduces the cost of slash and rush by 1 focus, and well, trans is pretty much just a speed boost, although it does offer a little extra defense. So yeah, it's inspiration I want, but can only use once every five minutes...they can keep their centering, just give me inspiration on that 2 sec cd ;)

I'm sorry, did you say you want faster centering? As long as I don't die, I'm lousy with the stuff...trouble is, in Ataru I don't care for any of the buffs except inspiration{15% on damage), which has the longest cd..zen just reduces the cost of slash and rush by 1 focus, and well, trans is pretty much just a speed boost, although it does offer a little extra defense. So yeah, it's inspiration I want, but can only use once every five minutes...they can keep their centering, just give me inspiration on that 2 sec cd ;)

.5 off the GCD allows you to pump out an ungodly amount of damage in a short period of time. When/if Blade Rush stops stuttering and Combat Zen works as advertised, it will be as good or better than Watchman Zen, barring the fact that Watchman Zen does not require you to be on target (you can activate it with burns already applied, even if your target has moved out of your melee range).

.5 off the GCD allows you to pump out an ungodly amount of damage in a short period of time. When/if Blade Rush stops stuttering and Combat Zen works as advertised, it will be as good or better than Watchman Zen, barring the fact that Watchman Zen does not require you to be on target (you can activate it with burns already applied, even if your target has moved out of your melee range).

that's the thing, timing is unfortunate with animation issues, so giving us a half of a second when we're dealing with lag and whatever else--it's pretty meh to me. Especially when we're getting stunned to death. I never rely on getting off many hits, so when I do, I want them to hurt.

that's the thing, timing is unfortunate with animation issues, so giving us a half of a second when we're dealing with lag and whatever else--it's pretty meh to me. Especially when we're getting stunned to death. I never rely on getting off many hits, so when I do, I want them to hurt.

someone posted in another thread that having your ability action queue set to 0.75 or higher fixes this (mine being set to 1.0 before i even started my sentinel is perhaps why ive never had the stutter issue)

The 80% speed from Trancendence is being moved from deep Watchman tree to deep Combat. Additionally, it will now affect the whole operation and not just 4 people. And Combat will build centering as fast as Watchman always has.

Dunno about you guys, but I'll be zooming around at 80% speed ALL-THE-TIME.

someone posted in another thread that having your ability action queue set to 0.75 or higher fixes this (mine being set to 1.0 before i even started my sentinel is perhaps why ive never had the stutter issue)

I've had mine set for 1 sec qeue for a long time too, and it still happens...I sometimes feel like the client and server aren't on the same page...client says yes, server says no, or maybe the server says yes and then no and then ok maybe...either way I wind up for a swing, then wind up again....it gets old.

I've had mine set for 1 sec qeue for a long time too, and it still happens...I sometimes feel like the client and server aren't on the same page...client says yes, server says no, or maybe the server says yes and then no and then ok maybe...either way I wind up for a swing, then wind up again....it gets old.

The issue really differs from computer to computer. I haven't had an issue with stutter since 1.1.3.

Edited by Ravrohan

The issue really differs from computer to computer. I haven't had an issue with stutter since 1.1.3.

could it perhaps be latency rather than computer?

Neither me nor my brother (he also plays a combat spec sentinel) have ever had this issue and whilst our computers are rather good, i do not think computer spec is a likely factor on this.

could it perhaps be latency rather than computer?

Neither me nor my brother (he also plays a combat spec sentinel) have ever had this issue and whilst our computers are rather good, i do not think computer spec is a likely factor on this.

Possibly? I am by no means a tech expert, I just notice that everyone has a different story on the stutter issue.

Combat is getting buffed to be on par with Watchman

while not consorting to easy mode focus so I don't have to feel bad using the "easy" spec

and as a whole sentinel will still be an "advanced" class compared to lightning and missile spam

for these reasons alone patch 1.2 will be the most amazing patch ever. everything else included is just an awesome bonus

Between the sentinel changes and the crafting changes, I damn near died of happy today. I'm a little upset at loosing Focused Leap, but I can't complain to much. With the Ataru strike changes I'll be dropping Insight also, so that's more points to toss around. Probably for Swelling Winds or Valor.

Can't wait to try builds.

So a question about the queue speed and stuttering while in zen.

I have tried setting my queue from everything from 0-1.

I always am able to get 2 bladerushes off super fast, but the third one will slow and lag, followed by another instant fast one.

Is this pretty much normal. I mean i got BladeRush,Bladrerush, pause...., bladerush, bladerush.

Are you guys just spamming your key as quick as possible or tapping it slower to a rhythm.

So a question about the queue speed and stuttering while in zen.

I have tried setting my queue from everything from 0-1.

I always am able to get 2 bladerushes off super fast, but the third one will slow and lag, followed by another instant fast one.

Is this pretty much normal. I mean i got BladeRush,Bladrerush, pause...., bladerush, bladerush.

Are you guys just spamming your key as quick as possible or tapping it slower to a rhythm.

A few posts up I and another sentinel said how our experiences with the stutter varies from person to person. So the problem exists, but its not universal. When I have precision slash on I button mash my blade rush button highest I can remember getting is something like 3 + blade storm. I use a que of 0.0. I think there's a certain point where the CD finishes but the animation is still going, so it's possible to use another skill very fast. I've noticed that in other situations I can use one skill and chain right into a blade storm without the windup portion of the animation.

The 80% speed from Trancendence is being moved from deep Watchman tree to deep Combat. Additionally, it will now affect the whole operation and not just 4 people. And Combat will build centering as fast as Watchman always has.

Dunno about you guys, but I'll be zooming around at 80% speed ALL-THE-TIME.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but they weren't talking about Trans, they said the 15% damage boost will be OPwide. The speed boost apparently will still just affect your party.