Sorcer 1.2 patch nerf

Justifies

If its over nerfed they will correct it. You cant have your best healers completely useless and expect OPs/ FP to continue. I doubt Bioware is going to smash the healers for good. Anyway, we are about to find out how bad its going to be in a few hours....

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its over nerfed they will correct it. You cant have your best healers completely useless and expect OPs/ FP to continue. I doubt Bioware is going to smash the healers for good.

I've seen other MMO developers do it before...

Well I guess every sorc on my server will now be respeccing healer within 12 hours. A tleast I wont have to group with a bunch of inquis.....

From what I'm hearing, the nerf to healers was worse than expected, and they are complaining more loudly than DPS Sages/Sorcs. I'm hoping a lot of what I'm hearing/seeing is over-reaction because otherwise this patch seriously broke the game.

bioware you have had your last chance nerfing sorcs/sage awhen they were apparently "OP" as hybrid spec when in reality that was the only talent setup that made us compete to other classes dps because the trees you have given us initially are crap.... and then theres the assasin the most patheticly OP class in the game and still no nerf ...... there fricken laughing right now we are going to be even more easy to kill now due to madness dots being cleaned by nearly every class lightning spec being pointless due to no defence apart from buble and healing seems the only way to go but that was nerfed as well back to WOW i go where i know they actually give a **** about balance between classes

after 8 bgs as sorc heal and 0 !!!! fun i thinking about quitting.

my healoutput is ~a half from before. in a ZERG full time voidstar i healed 800k in patch 1.1, now its down to <400k.

i have no good rotation, no heal output and no survivability anymore. i cant get force back,,,but hey thats np, everyone who can manage to interupt my 2,4 sec heal can kill me so easily..... big fail bw !

Edited by mrdrd

Well I guess every sorc on my server will now be respeccing healer within 12 hours. A tleast I wont have to group with a bunch of inquis.....

And then they'll be rerolling marauders when they see how much this class now blows at healing.

No emergency heals in WZ? GFG. Two of any melee class can utterly lock me down until I'm dead, which is about 6 seconds.

Nerfed the class- nerfed regen- nerfed heal bonus from expertise while buffing damage bonus over the defensive.

BW has said, through and through- **** all you healers, you aren't welcome here.

Message received BW.

Edited by fungihoujo

I have a lvl 50 sorc, and have been only lvl 50 for about 3 weeks now.

So I don't know all the ins and outs yet, and have had a lightning spec and madness spec, but I am going to wait and see.

IMO Sorcs were never op in lvl 50 PVP.

Marauders and assassins kill me all the time, and ptechs etc but I don't go off crying, I try to improve and get better gear and fight smarter.

That's what it's all about.

If you're a button masher who wants to obliterate everything like it's standing still, I would hope the classes would be more even.

And I also suspect that this will happen a few times.

MY ONLY GRIPE... is that every class got their skill points back except my merc and I suspect the commando is the same. WHY???

And it's only a minor gripe.

However, I think in the future instead of resetting my skill tree, why not give me a token to use IF I SO DECIDE TO. Not unilaterally decide for me please!

Cheers

Sorcerer will be just fine in heals and dps if you can play it right so dont get too worked up about the nerfs well se what happens andtake the hits as they come

yet another person posts about things he knows nothing about. BW broke the game mechanics of sorcs.. way to flush this game right down the toilet.

Dunno the sorcerers on my server seem to be doing alright. I need more data but here are a couple of screenshots of war zones since after the patch. Obviously these screenshots are meaningless and isn't enough data for anything. First impressions wow marauders. These guys already killed me 1 vs 1 before the patch (yeah yeah l2p) but now wow.

We have a lot of sorcerers on our server like 4+ every warzone. I don't really know if sorcerers where overpower or not. Maybe it was the survivability factor of being able to dash off and heal up? that made it seem that way. Or because they become stronger when there are more sorcerers together.

In terms of pvp I really think in 1 vs 1 balance, but guess this change has been aimed at 8 vs 8.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8093/sw2s.jpg

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8092/sw1h.jpg

yet another person posts about things he knows nothing about. BW broke the game mechanics of sorcs.. way to flush this game right down the toilet.

Overreact much?

I played PvE for a while and then did 3 different WZ's and I am still doing damage in the same range as pre-1.2. Granted I am only 39 at this point and running a hybrid spec but I just don't see the changes as something to be all up in arms about. I still have good DPS, I still have multiple stuns, I still have a shield, I still have some healing power, and I can still sprint away to saftey in a pinch.

I am liking the crisper graphics performance. From a sound and visual perspective I can tell they made some changes.

I posted this in another thread but i'll post it here aswell

"I see alot of people who are saying that it's the easiest class to play..

Either people don't know you well enough and therefore lets you freecast. That could mean that the server population you have is high and therefore they don't know who you are or that you're just a bad player that makes no lasting impression on others what so ever, again meaning you get to freecast an entire wz. With this you could in theory only put force lightning in slot 1, and spam for high stats :rolleyes:

(stats/medals/votes do not represent how good a class or a player are, but how much free time he or she had on their hand to run around dps/heal everything in sight without really getting focused) - talking from a sorcs point of view.

(taking screenies of a game where you freecasted/free-ran the entire wz does not represent an actual game, only means you are a lucky individual who dont' get focused, either through being an imba class that makes people end up ignoring you because of too much defence cooldowns for example etc etc) - talking from several classes point of view.

Sorcerers.. in essence a glass cannon class that should be able to do alot of dps and/or heals but should go down fast enough if focused.. so people whining about not having a 2 min defence cooldown, light armor, only a 3k bubble just stop, there is a reason for this. On the other hand people whining about a single defence CD like the bubble, you are just a bad player my friend if you can't break a 3k bubble.

(My opinion) Bioware is proving that statistics is more important than actually playing the game themselves and see how a wz game is played out. They didn't have to nerf (buffs to other classes are a nerf aswell) healing as much as they did, but it makes sense that changing fotm classes brings more rerolls/alts so bioware's economists can all enjoy the extra subscription-time it brings.

Only thing that really saddens me, is that bioware now succesfully created the snowball effect that every other mmo has, nerf that, buff that, change fotm, release expansions and "game-breaking patches" to keep interest up, repeat through infinity to gain unlimited subscriptions.

Pantera - Lord Calypho "

Sorcerers.. in essence a glass cannon class that should be able to do alot of dps and/or heals but should go down fast enough if focused.

WRONG. That kind of thinking is what has severely threatened Corruption Sorcerer's viability and fun-factor in PvP. It is very VERY simple: Healers are top priority and should be focus-fired immediately when spotted. In fact, if you're the only one to spot him, you need to get on his case and stay there until teamates can come help wreck him...unless you're one of the faceroll OP 1.2 Maras, in which case he's hosed instantly anyway. First time spotted, that healer should be marked with a targettnig icon so your team can then spot him easily and harrass, focus fire and kill him as often as he pops his head up...or at least try to. But, if it's easy to succeed at just melting his face every time he shows it, then it's 100% broken.

If reduced to "glass cannons," Corruption Sorcs will spend more time in the WZ sitting behind the screen doors or running to catch up to the ball etc. than actually playing the WZ and delivering heals to the team, completing objectives, earning medals and valor etc. It's that simple. Moreover, the squishier they make us relative to other players (e.g., by nerfing us while buffing others), the more our healing output and total healing for the match shifts from being output to our teamates to self-healing.

We NEED high survivability or the class is broken as far as competetive, ranked WZs are concerned. We should NOT be considered a roving target dummy who gets constantly gang banged by the other team while they fight over who gets the medal for the easy kill. Otherwise, there's no point in even bothering to play...no point for a team to make us a member either...and arguments that amount to "you just need to have a team member babysit you the whole ranked match" don't cut it. The class is either fun to play or it's not. Getting caught in PvP death loops because your purpose in being in the match is solely to provide a ton of kill medals to the other team is NOT FUN. Period.

Edited by Blotter

Well, my sorc healer is just simply not fun to play anymore. I don't feel that I can contribute in an operation without constantly trying to manage my force. I can appreciate the idea of not just endlessly casting, but as it stands right now I am feeling like I have to aoe heal my way through the raids. It's just not as fun as it was. I hope they reconsider this. I don't wanna roll a new toon. I wanna play HEALER! I shouldn't be punished for this.

Well, my sorc healer is just simply not fun to play anymore. I don't feel that I can contribute in an operation without constantly trying to manage my force. I can appreciate the idea of not just endlessly casting, but as it stands right now I am feeling like I have to aoe heal my way through the raids. It's just not as fun as it was. I hope they reconsider this. I don't wanna roll a new toon. I wanna play HEALER! I shouldn't be punished for this.

Pre 1.2 healer rankings (PvE)

The best: Sorc

Very viable: Merc Operatives

Post 1.2 healer ranking.

The Best: Merc and Operatives

Borderline viable: Sorc

PvP healer 1.2 wise

The best: Merc

Great: Operatives

Decent: Anni Marauder

Barely Manageable: DPS/Offheal spec Merc and Operatives

LoL: Sorc

WRONG. That kind of thinking is what has severely threatened Corruption Sorcerer's viability and fun-factor in PvP. It is very VERY simple: Healers are top priority and should be focus-fired immediately when spotted. In fact, if you're the only one to spot him, you need to get on his case and stay there until teamates can come help wreck him...unless you're one of the faceroll OP 1.2 Maras, in which case he's hosed instantly anyway. First time spotted, that healer should be marked with a targettnig icon so your team can then spot him easily and harrass, focus fire and kill him as often as he pops his head up...or at least try to. But, if it's easy to succeed at just melting his face every time he shows it, then it's 100% broken.

I beg to differ ;) but I also think you missunderstand the magnitude of a glass cannon I'm talking about. Im merely comparing it to the other classes, that makes them made of glass, light armor, a single 3k shield as defence, sorcs do have enough of cc already to keep their survivability on par with the other classes and good sorcs/sages kiting skills and a team that are covering them are what should decide the survivability of that sorc/sage-player.

You are saying they should be focus-fired immediately, yes but as it were pre 1.2, if they were not focused properly they could kite endlessly, i've played sorc enough since beta to know what im talking about. And it were never about "melting his face" every time someone saw me, and it isn't so now with 1.2, and i could frankly run around for ages, sprinting, kiting, cc'ing unless 2-3+ got on me at the same time (not taking account for someone guarding me)

For example, 1 juggernaut named Relikh guarding me, I was fully specced healer, we held off 5-6 guys an entire alderaan wz because they shifted around the focus too much, making me able to kite, Relikh able to shield, interrupt attacks, I could regenerate my force, keep kiting, throw heals, repeat. That hardly made me fell into the category "Glass Cannon"

Therefore I can understand some of these nerfs and at the same time i cannot, just because the "viability and fun-factor" now took a sudden downwards turn.

Broken or not, I cannot say, time will tell if Bioware's "Metrics" will suddenly show none wants to play healer sage/sorc anymore.

(My opinion)

Pantera - Lord Calypho

For example, 1 juggernaut named Relikh guarding me, I was fully specced healer, we held off 5-6 guys an entire alderaan wz because they shifted around the focus too much, making me able to kite, Relikh able to shield, interrupt attacks, I could regenerate my force, keep kiting, throw heals, repeat.

One time, at band camp....

No, seriously, anecdotes that amount to you describing how you facerolled a group of exrtemely bad players who were obviously undergeared compared to yo and your buddy....that doesn't prove Sorcs or any other class involved in something like that were "OP."

Try that same scenario pre-1.2 against 5-6 fully BM-geared players who actually know what they're doing. You'd have been dead in seconds after maybe stretching out a painful death a little longer.

Glass - Easily broken. We've covered that. It's never going to work that way and shouldn't, and the idea that we should be easily broken as a sorcerer healer (i.e., wirthout the tools to comepnsation for being in squishy armor and having the lowest hit points) will just break the class and make it no fun to attempt competetive PvP as one.

Cannon - Does massive damage/healing in a short time. We can move on to this and discussing the removal of our burst healing by nerfingthe crap out of Force Bending and Dark Infusion. We're no cannon. Corruption sorcs now barely have anything that could legitimately be called burst healing and they have never and still don't have any dps whatsoever...we do less damage than anything else in the arena.

Essentially, sticking your choice of analogies, what BW has turned us into is a GLASS SQUIRTGUN (and yes, this is a little bit of hyperbole, but you get the point).

I run the hybrid Lightning/Madness spec, get tons of DPS, Kills, and Touchdowns.

I honestly don't get all the nerdrage on here right now. Talks of quitting the class, quitting the game, all over the fact they changed Wrath? What did they really change... Wrath now only affects 2 spells instead of ANY charge force spell..... Who cares? The two spells are still pretty powerful, and I'm still killing it in the WZs.

What's all the fuss about?

i solely play PvP, only level 23 at the moment. been playing since i hit level 10.

i cant speak for people at 50 as im not there yet. but from 10-49 sorc is fine.

im madness spec and i flit between heal and dps constantly, filling the gaps here and there. doing this often contributes a huge amount towards winning matches. i look after my team and then DPS if everyone is fully healed.

again i cant speak for 50 but from 10-49 there is no problem. its really a very basic class to play. i see it as an MMO version of a box to box midfielder in football, gotta move around and fill in the gaps, defend and attack.

Edited by bevelian

i solely play PvP, only level 23 at the moment. been playing since i hit level 10.

i cant speak for people at 50 as im not there yet. but from 10-49 sorc is fine.

im madness spec and i flit between heal and dps constantly, filling the gaps here and there. doing this often contributes a huge amount towards winning matches. i look after my team and then DPS if everyone is fully healed.

again i cant speak for 50 but from 10-49 there is no problem. its really a very basic class to play. i see it as an MMO version of a box to box midfielder in football, gotta move around and fill in the gaps, defend and attack.

At 50 you die roughly 4x as easy, thats what changes.