1.2 is a spit in the face of Vanguards, and a buff to the OP sentinels

King

exactly people do not understand that a good sentinel is 10 times the player of a good gunnery commando right now. Sorry but if you have the most complex damage system then you should do the most damage. If your class can be played by a dippy bird then you shouldn't be doing that much in comparison.

Another sentinel claiming to be leet because of their 4 button rotations. LOL.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you shouldn't agree with Hizoka.

Focus Spec for Sents is NOT a one trick pony. This is what bad Sentinels think. Now, let me explain to how to play your class better. This debate was had out by Sentinels back before the mass exodus.

Perma 50% run speed buff for your group. Let me say that again because it's absolutely absurd. Perma 50% run speed buff for your group... oh yea, that increases defense. Wow... Yea, right out of the blocks this looks like a gimp spec.

/thread. Right there. That's it. It's not a bad spec. No matter what you say at this point, I can trump it with- "Perma +50% run speed buff for your group." I win. You lose.

Now, additionally, you get a strong Blade Storm, an awesome Slash, Force Exhaustion (which is an awesome ability), 20% armor ignore, 33%% CDR on the best defensive cooldown in the game bar none which is further amplified with the PvP set bonus and brought to 50% CDR, 7% damage reduction... Oh yea, and then there's that AoE bomb. Focus is a more niche spec... but it is ridiculously powerful in that niche.

What more do you want? Sure, it's a bad spec if you consider that isn't not a child's tunnel vision spec like Watchman (which granted is strong enough to let bad tunnel vision players think they're good). When I rerolled on a new server, I told one of my friends I was making a huge mistake rerolling a Trooper instead of a Sentinel because they were the Rogues from WoW- an exceptionally strong class played by the worst players who will complain and get the class buffed to Godhood.

No need to tell me how to play my class better, bub.

Just because I feel focus is inferior (which it is) to the other Sentinel specs (watchman in particular) doesn't mean I don't know how to play my class.

Now if I didn't know how to play Sentinel - I'd be rolling Focus spec like you.

Well, you shouldn't agree with Hizoka.

Focus Spec for Sents is NOT a one trick pony. This is what bad Sentinels think. Now, let me explain to how to play your class better. This debate was had out by Sentinels back before the mass exodus.

Perma 50% run speed buff for your group. Let me say that again because it's absolutely absurd. Perma 50% run speed buff for your group... oh yea, that increases defense. Wow... Yea, right out of the blocks this looks like a gimp spec.

/thread. Right there. That's it. It's not a bad spec. No matter what you say at this point, I can trump it with- "Perma +50% run speed buff for your group." I win. You lose.

Now, additionally, you get a strong Blade Storm, an awesome Slash, Force Exhaustion (which is an awesome ability), 20% armor ignore, 33%% CDR on the best defensive cooldown in the game bar none which is further amplified with the PvP set bonus and brought to 50% CDR, 7% damage reduction... Oh yea, and then there's that AoE bomb. Focus is a more niche spec... but it is ridiculously powerful in that niche.

What more do you want? Sure, it's a bad spec if you consider that isn't not a child's tunnel vision spec like Watchman (which granted is strong enough to let bad tunnel vision players think they're good). When I rerolled on a new server, I told one of my friends I was making a huge mistake rerolling a Trooper instead of a Sentinel because they were the Rogues from WoW- an exceptionally strong class played by the worst players who will complain and get the class buffed to Godhood.

Have fun running around me while you die from my burns/dispatch/stasis.

Edited by rakuenCallisto

This post is so ignorant and/or trolly I don't even...

It reflects the truth, given how sentinels argue their class is hard to play because they have sooo many buttons to press, of which all are useful. And that because they have so many buttons to press and claim to be playing a non easymode class they feel entitled to be the gods of pvp. I know this as a fact, myself being enshrined in FOTM godhood.

I like how you address the post and not the person btw :)

If they changes will be good or not is way to early to say, so onlything i say is i realy liked that they have speeded up how fast you do skills in 1.2, you throw the grenat faster and it hit faster and normal shoot was way much faster so the litle i tested am happy :)

It reflects the truth, given how sentinels argue their class is hard to play because they have sooo many buttons to press, of which all are useful. And that because they have so many buttons to press and claim to be playing a non easymode class they feel entitled to be the gods of pvp. I know this as a fact, myself being enshrined in FOTM godhood.

I like how you address the post and not the person btw :)

How can the most advanced class (agreed by the majority) with the most binds (fact) have a "4 button rotation"?

Just goes to show, once again, the only people who complain about Sentinel have no idea what they are talking about. Most have never even played the class. It's super obvious when you use a lame, contradictory excuse like "4 button rotation".

We don't even have a rotation...

Edited by rakuenCallisto

Have fun running around me while you die from my burns/dispatch/stasis.

Bads gunna be bad.

I didn't say that Focus was the best spec. However, it is a great spec. Watchman is a good solo build. Combat is a far better PvP spec with gear. It's not even close. The addition of two roots is a tremendous assest to a group. It's extremely powerful on a swap. Watchman has straight up Tunnel Vision damage. You're probably playing it because you are bad and can't comprehend how to effectively play the other specs (not that the spec is bad).

Oh, have fun getting roasted in Pulse Cannon.

Bads gunna be bad.

I didn't say that Focus was the best spec. However, it is a great spec. Watchman is a good solo build. Combat is a far better PvP spec with gear. It's not even close. The addition of two roots is a tremendous assest to a group. It's extremely powerful on a swap. Watchman has straight up Tunnel Vision damage. You're probably playing it because you are bad and can't comprehend how to effectively play the other specs (not that the spec is bad).

Oh, have fun getting roasted in Pulse Cannon.

Awesome, cause neither did I.

I'm just replying to your hurp durp self that felt the need to insult me for literally no reason, because what I said was true - Focus isn't getting a huge buff in 1.2 and it's just going to be the same Force Sweep -> Blade Storm spamming.

That's lots of fun man. And you talk to me about "tunnel vision"... lol

What point are you trying to get across with this "tunnel vision" thing? We are a single-target, dot applying, consistant damage specced class. The class is essentially designed around focusing 1 person down, until they are around 10% health left/dispatched.

I think you are just butt hurt that I didn't agree with you on Focus and how it'll still be a gimmicky 2-3 ability spamming build.

Great you and your group can run with 50% speed increase, while I can still do the same with my Transcendence being activated every 30 seconds due to Zen being up basically 24/7.

So high-five you have a speed buff. My spec can do that as well, yet add way more to the table (did I mention Watchman is getting slight buffs too? :D)

Ok so i dont know if anyone else has, but reading this 9 page thread sucks, but i thought id add my input.

First off, i am mainly a PvE player, not much PvP, so i wont address any pvp stuff but for pve, i run pure SS, and i also use Energy Blast, so far i really dig the build, have no complaints (bc for 1 its a game, i play for fun, and relaxation after i get home from RL work). But to address some of this Shield decreases, it does bit a bit of a nail in the side for Ceramic Plating, but then i hope it, in the long run, will pay off bc of the change with Power Screen.

Also, in my opinion, dont understand why another class has been brought into a Trooper discussion, i know it sucks seeing some classes getting buffed, while others de-buffed, but why even discuss it? Maybe its because it's unfair, you say? Well im sure this isnt the 1st un fair thing that has happened to anyone in their own life, certainly isnt for me.

Lastly, from my experience, EVERYONE hates complainers, some say it may work, but IMO, why stoop to a lvl to where people just annoy the heck out each other, to the point where its like a bunch of "High School Girls" gossiping about everyone.

I appologize if this starts any further discussion, or continues a troll. I just might be a small fish in a big pond with how i feel, but its imo, complaining like this that really kill the game for everyone. In my 9 pages ive seen no progress, just a never ending pissing contest of a class thats not even a trooper.

Nerfs=Change, Change=oppurtunity for a new growth and deeper understanding. We are all gamers right? Why not take on a new challenge, instead of quitting because "Its not worth it"

Thank your for your time

But i can believe that the ridiculous amount of whining that goes on in other boards has an affect on the nerfs/buffs.
Whether that has the effect your want is another matter entirely. Just look at what the whining of DPS Scoundrels/Operatives got them in 1.2...

Awesome, cause neither did I.

You said Focus was a bad spec for bad players while not understanding any of the tree.

I'm just replying to your hurp durp self that felt the need to insult me for literally no reason, because what I said was true - Focus isn't getting a huge buff in 1.2 and it's just going to be the same Force Sweep -> Blade Storm spamming.

That's lots of fun man. And you talk to me about "tunnel vision"... lol

Don't put tunnel vision in quotations. This makes you look like a garbage PvE hero. Everyone who PvPs legitimately knows what tunnel vision is. By the way, your use of tunnel vision does not fit making it likely you don't know what it means and therefore I can't take anything you say regarding PvP seriously.

What point are you trying to get across with this "tunnel vision" thing? We are a single-target, dot applying, consistant damage specced class. The class is essentially designed around focusing 1 person down, until they are around 10% health left/dispatched.

As I said, a child's spec. Granted, it's a very powerful child's spec.

I think you are just butt hurt that I didn't agree with you on Focus and how it'll still be a gimmicky 2-3 ability spamming build.

Actually, players like you proved my predictions about the Sentinel class correct.

Great you and your group can run with 50% speed increase, while I can still do the same with my Transcendence being activated every 30 seconds due to Zen being up basically 24/7.

No, you can't. You even stated you couldn't in this sentence. Activating every 30 seconds does not equal 24/7. Focus can activate Transcendence every 15 seconds. This is 24/7. I do not understand how this confuses you unless, of course, you do not have a clue as to the mechanics of the spec you are criticizing. Furthermore, you must actively engage in combat while Focus does not have this requirement. This makes it far superior on Void Star break aways, getting back into position in Huttball, and moving between nodes in Civil War.

So high-five you have a speed buff. My spec can do that as well, yet add way more to the table (did I mention Watchman is getting slight buffs too? :D)

All you have shown is that you are another clueless, bad Sentinel.

You said Focus was a bad spec for bad players while not understanding any of the tree.

Don't put tunnel vision in quotations. This makes you look like a garbage PvE hero. Everyone who PvPs legitimately knows what tunnel vision is. By the way, your use of tunnel vision does not fit making it likely you don't know what it means and therefore I can't take anything you say regarding PvP seriously.

As I said, a child's spec. Granted, it's a very powerful child's spec.

Actually, players like you proved my predictions about the Sentinel class correct.

No, you can't. You even stated you couldn't in this sentence. Activating every 30 seconds does not equal 24/7. Focus can activate Transcendence every 15 seconds. This is 24/7. I do not understand how this confuses you unless, of course, you do not have a clue as to the mechanics of the spec you are criticizing. Furthermore, you must actively engage in combat while Focus does not have this requirement. This makes it far superior on Void Star break aways, getting back into position in Huttball, and moving between nodes in Civil War.

All you have shown is that you are another clueless, bad Sentinel.

K Guy have fun with Force Sweep.

I'll be in my "tunnel vision" (check out the quotes bro) wracking up twice as much damage as you, all while being able to 1v1. You know, the job of a Sentinel.

You have fun being a movement speed buff for your team, it's basically all you are good for besides the occasional AoE.

K Guy have fun with Force Sweep.

I'll be in my "tunnel vision" (check out the quotes bro) wracking up twice as much damage as you, all while being able to 1v1. You know, the job of a Sentinel.

You have fun being a movement speed buff for your team, it's basically all you are good for besides the occasional AoE.

1.) I play a Trooper now.

2.) You haven't hit 1100k damage.

3.) You don't do twice as much damage regardless. The fact that you think you do demonstrates very clearly you incompetence of running Focus.

Are you done yet bad? You should go back to the Sentinel Kiddie Board and pat yourself on the back for being terrible now.

Ok so i dont know if anyone else has, but reading this 9 page thread sucks, but i thought id add my input.

First off, i am mainly a PvE player, not much PvP, so i wont address any pvp stuff but for pve, i run pure SS, and i also use Energy Blast, so far i really dig the build, have no complaints (bc for 1 its a game, i play for fun, and relaxation after i get home from RL work). But to address some of this Shield decreases, it does bit a bit of a nail in the side for Ceramic Plating, but then i hope it, in the long run, will pay off bc of the change with Power Screen.

Also, in my opinion, dont understand why another class has been brought into a Trooper discussion, i know it sucks seeing some classes getting buffed, while others de-buffed, but why even discuss it? Maybe its because it's unfair, you say? Well im sure this isnt the 1st un fair thing that has happened to anyone in their own life, certainly isnt for me.

Lastly, from my experience, EVERYONE hates complainers, some say it may work, but IMO, why stoop to a lvl to where people just annoy the heck out each other, to the point where its like a bunch of "High School Girls" gossiping about everyone.

I appologize if this starts any further discussion, or continues a troll. I just might be a small fish in a big pond with how i feel, but its imo, complaining like this that really kill the game for everyone. In my 9 pages ive seen no progress, just a never ending pissing contest of a class thats not even a trooper.

Nerfs=Change, Change=oppurtunity for a new growth and deeper understanding. We are all gamers right? Why not take on a new challenge, instead of quitting because "Its not worth it"

Thank your for your time

Good post, and agree.