Game Update 1.2: Legacy is on the Public Test Sever!

CourtneyWoods

Everyone that is crying about the contents of 1.2 and what all is missing, obviously never played a similar game from it's launch.

It took blizzard 2 years to really make any real changes in WoW. Not even commenting the pvp which didn't exist for 1,5 years. We had random world pvp, ocasional hi lvl ganking and raiding cities, no rewards, no control over it, nothing. We had 4 hour long ques, crashing servers, exploits on every corner and all that lasted years.

Don't even want to start on the PVE part. Bioware is doing one hell of a job and the speed with which they're adding needed functionalities and content is amazing.

If the pace will continue TOR will become (at least for me) the most enjoyable game out there where the devs are doing absolutely everything possible for the players. Can't say the same for any other MMO out there.

But as these are "video games" we will always have people that will have a need to cry and whine on any forum they can find.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone that is crying about the contents of 1.2 and what all is missing, obviously never played a similar game from it's launch.

It took blizzard 2 years to really make any real changes in WoW. Not even commenting the pvp which didn't exist for 1,5 years. We had random world pvp, ocasional hi lvl ganking and raiding cities, no rewards, no control over it, nothing. We had 4 hour long ques, crashing servers, exploits on every corner and all that lasted years.

Don't even want to start on the PVE part. Bioware is doing one hell of a job and the speed with which they're adding needed functionalities and content is amazing.

If the pace will continue TOR will become (at least for me) the most enjoyable game out there where the devs are doing absolutely everything possible for the players. Can't say the same for any other MMO out there.

But as these are "video games" we will always have people that will have a need to cry and whine on any forum they can find.

Nope. BW had years to look at other games and copy the good stuff. Now they didn't and must work harder and first is 1.2..... if it ever come out.

They also made the game super easy so you level up faster then they can make content...

+Wow didn't start to ask for free weekend crap when it came out. That is a cry for subs going down!

Edited by Bafucin

First of all people should start thinking about BW a bit more and not only about yourself.

Yes, they could wait another few months with the release, they could wait even a year or two.

But if you look at D3, GW and everything else that's coming out, any serious company needs to time their release also.

And they did look at the other games as the game was launched with 40% more content, options and an actual pvp than Wow had in the first 2 years. Not even commenting the graphics, making the game fun with an actual story the players can follow.

In 7 years all WoW content was kill 20 raptors, 40, hogs, and 10 elfs. Average player has no clue about any story line whatsoever.

And as no game in the world will please everyone, I personally think that they're doing a great job.

+Wow didn't start to ask for free weekend crap when it came out. That is a cry for subs going down!

So because BW decided to release a trial(that is pretty much common for MMOs), for those interesting in trying out the game that means subs are going down?

Also folks its coming around early April.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

So i did not see a few things in there that really should have been. Im hoping they are just a horrible incomplete list.

1.) LFG Tool that allows cross shard grouping... I swear it took me a WEEK (7 days) of spamming on my "high-pop" server to find a group for the dungeon. Too many 50's who sit and laugh at people trying to find groups.

2.) Scalable UI with ability to move windows? 2 windows open at a time limit is STUPID.

3.) Able to purchase stacks of items from vendors instead of 1 by 1.

4.) Better Auction House

5.) Ability to actually DROP / Abandon quests. Some are littered in my quest log that cannot be dropped.

6.) The failed resolve system that allows you to have full resolve and still get cc'd all the way to death literally.

And a long list of other. 1.2 is make it or break it for me. 1 & 2 are a given and if not implemented will cause me to leave to other options to fulfill my time.

So i did not see a few things in there that really should have been. Im hoping they are just a horrible incomplete list.

1.) LFG Tool that allows cross shard grouping... I swear it took me a WEEK (7 days) of spamming on my "high-pop" server to find a group for the dungeon. Too many 50's who sit and laugh at people trying to find groups.

2.) Scalable UI with ability to move windows? 2 windows open at a time limit is STUPID.

3.) Able to purchase stacks of items from vendors instead of 1 by 1.

4.) Better Auction House

5.) Ability to actually DROP / Abandon quests. Some are littered in my quest log that cannot be dropped.

6.) The failed resolve system that allows you to have full resolve and still get cc'd all the way to death literally.

And a long list of other. 1.2 is make it or break it for me. 1 & 2 are a given and if not implemented will cause me to leave to other options to fulfill my time.

1) no

2) done

3) done (shift click)

4) done

5) partially fixed

6) no idea, dont pvp

1&2 are given ? see you next patch then...maybe.

Awesome! This patch's update to the Legacy system may mean that I may still get my sith jedi!

that's exactly what it means provided it is released. i still havent seen a release date for said patch yet and sometime in the future could mean anything. like sometime in the future it will rain someplace. see what i did. doesn't say where it will rain or when just that it will.

Awesome! This patch's update to the Legacy system may mean that I may still get my sith jedi!

I thought the only difference between a Sith and a Jedi, was what side of the force they channeled for their power.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you can already be Dark V as a Jedi, and you can be Light V as a Sith.

Since that is already in place - the rest doesn't matter, other than what team you decide to play for - Imperial or Republic.

I thought the only difference between a Sith and a Jedi, was what side of the force they channeled for their power.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you can already be Dark V as a Jedi, and you can be Light V as a Sith.

Since that is already in place - the rest doesn't matter, other than what team you decide to play for - Imperial or Republic.

He means he will be able to get a Sith Pureblood (the race) Jedi.

And they said this would be released soon on 3/16. I would expect it in less than a week if you say soon.

that's exactly what it means provided it is released. i still havent seen a release date for said patch yet and sometime in the future could mean anything. like sometime in the future it will rain someplace. see what i did. doesn't say where it will rain or when just that it will.

Wow. That was deep. So I could say that SWTOR will never be patched again and be right, just because someday it will be taken offline and never be patched again...? Not particularly helpful. The patch is due in April, most likely along with or just before the server transfers for the Asia/Pacific mobs.

How do i download the PTR?

When you open the launcher, there is a button next to the settings button on the lower left hand side. Click that and follow the instructions. It's a big download, too, FYI.