Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Patch notes are out...ouch.

Entropicus

Its funny. I see all this raqequitting and complaints. I used to play COH when they hit that game with a huge nerf called ED Enhancement Diversification. It promised to make us choose different ways to buff all our powers. At the time, damage dealers woould do 1 or two accuracy and 4 or 5 damage enhancements. There was a lot of anger, unsubbing threats, etc. Just like this. Ya know something, we adapted, utilized the changes, and ended up having a ton of fun with new build designs. Then, a few issues later, we saw the reason. Invention Sets. These sets made us even more powerful. A lot of folks ate a lot of crow over that.

My suggestion: wait and see, adapt to the changes, and see if Bioware has something they haven't told us about in the works. I plan on keeping my operative and my scoundrel. Checking out how they team with guildies, and maybe even other folks, and have fun.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I just got used to my Scoundrel (Scrapper) so now I have to get used to a totally different class. As someone else said, the changes to the other classes will determine whether the changes to the Smuggler class could be considered balanced. If this is not the case then I'll be hard pressed to continue my sub and probably move back to console gaming.

The community is trying pretty hard to give out suggestions and alternatives. Most of these fall to deaf ears (or should I say "blind eyes" since its the internet?). Wasn't this what BW said that they'd like to distinguish themselves from other MMOs by "listening to the community"? As far as I'm concerned, the Smuggler community is furious right now.

We need little stealth detector droids like the troopers have so we can actually stand a chance against Operatives when we're in cover...Just something to help tip the scale in a Gunslingers potential favor. We'll see post patch how all this plays out...

Sounds like some potentially fun SS buffs coming out though.

We need little stealth detector droids like the troopers have so we can actually stand a chance against Operatives when we're in cover...Just something to help tip the scale in a Gunslingers potential favor. We'll see post patch how all this plays out...

Sounds like some potentially fun SS buffs coming out though.

Good lord please. Operatives are my nightmare as a Gunslinger since im posted in cover. The one thing I can't take is the knockDOWN, even using my Escape (CC breaker) im STILL on the floor just standing up, thats an extra 2-4seconds they're damaging me, and by the time I fight back im dead.

Good lord please. Operatives are my nightmare as a Gunslinger since im posted in cover. The one thing I can't take is the knockDOWN, even using my Escape (CC breaker) im STILL on the floor just standing up, thats an extra 2-4seconds they're damaging me, and by the time I fight back im dead.

Becouse you use in the wrong way your cc breaker.

Use it on the dirty kick and knok back us, don't use it on the opener.

Becouse you use in the wrong way your cc breaker.

Use it on the dirty kick and knok back us, don't use it on the opener.

A buffed up stealthed operative that is half health with champ/bm gear and 16.5K health.

I often try to do a 1,2,3 so I can start dpsing back.

CC-Break, cover, hunkerdown.

I can typically time this up to get in between an incoming attack and then pulse, Stim, dps the target.

I think its just the cover mechanic that is the problem. If my defensive skill could pop out of cover I could probably not see such dramatic numbers hitting by scoundrels, who find they get mitigated a lot on openers, which we for some reason cannot use.

The proposed fix to cover while rooted still gives us a two key command to cast a core defensive ability while sages is an instant single button cast.

Ours also is a lengthy animation that is a hidden cast time, which can interfer with it popping as quickly as you could.

Again cover is the liability.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.