Balanced PVP - Great Job BW

Space-Guerrilla

Come back and talk to me about this in a few months. March join date... lol worthy.. that you even are here thinking you have any idea what you are talking about shows how wrong you really are..

someone with dec 11 join date mocking march 10 join date...ok....someones failing there.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come back and talk to me about this in a few months. March join date... lol worthy.. that you even are here thinking you have any idea what you are talking about shows how wrong you really are..

Umm March 2010 trumps your 2011 date. :cool: Just saying. :)

His member number is 558607 while yours is 2270284.

Edited by Rehneu

I totally agree with everyone in this post... this game is very balanced , and the people that complain jsut dont know how to use their character. period...

kudos to bioware to making a mmo that i actually enjoy..

agree, this is actually first mmo I really enjoy PvP, and I played a lot of them.

There's no FOTM classes every new patch like in Rift for example, everything feels really balanced (except for scoundrels/operatives, but that was fixed really fast)

Umm March 2010 trumps your 2011 date. :cool: Just saying. :)

His member number is 558607 while yours is 2270284.

someone with dec 11 join date mocking march 10 join date...ok....someones failing there.

It's currently March and it's late here so I misread it. I corrected it as soon as the page updated and I looked again. I coulda swore it said March 2011. Anyway.. The fact he joined as far back as he did and still is wrong on this topic says even more than just some random 1-2 week long player coming and crying.. He really should be ashamed of being so ignorant.

Also any join date before December means jack squat all since the game wasn't released before then.

Edited by Aethyrprime

It's currently March and it's late here so I misread it. I corrected it as soon as the page updated and I looked again. I coulda swore it said March 2011. Anyway.. The fact he joined as far back as he did and still is wrong on this topic says even more than just some random 1-2 week long player coming and crying.. He really should be ashamed of being so ignorant.

Well it was from your comments about join date that made me look a bit closer. I can see how at first glanced it looked. His opinions are just like the rest of ours and none of them are wrong. They are views and just opinions. :)

But neither of those things really matter as they are off topic....so.... yeah. lol

Also any join date before December means jack squat all since the game wasn't released before then.

not gonna lie..... i lol'd.

I'm going against the forum grain here...

I just wanted to say, in regards to pvp, this is probably the most well balanced mmo I've had the pleasure of playing. I've seen entirely too many people complaining about the disparity in classes in this game. Sure, theres going to be a bit of that, but of all the games I've played its the most well balanced. I have a feeling that those who are QQ'ing the hardest are simply not applying their characters toolsets properly, something I've been guilty of myself.

Anarchy Online

Aion

Numerous FPS's (AA, TF2, etc..)

GW

WoW (1 week and quit!) terrible game.

and others...

Of all these games, yes, SWTOR has the most balanced pvp. *IMO*

Just wanted to share my thoughts. Thanks.

Yep, I've told people the same thing. SWTOR in 1.1.5 is the most balanced PVP that I've seen in a major MMORPG.

this may be off topic but..... has anyone experienced it when you see a "fuzzy" statiky player falling down into a pit, and then all of a sudden be scoring the huttball within 2 seconds??

The little bugs that WZ's have is the only thing that i think need to be fixed.. not character balance issues..

Most of the classes in this game has a skillcap for 5 y old and that is why it feels so balanced!Dont get me wrong overall balance i mean,not that there are not hardcounters out there!

6 out of 8 ac's out there can only get in and spam damage with max just having some positional perception! what game cant achieve balance when is oversimplified like this one

Edited by tsupra

Most of the classes in this game has a skillcap for 5 y old and that is why it feels so balanced!Dont get me wrong overall balance i mean,not that there are not hardcounters out there!

6 out of 8 ac's out there can only get in and spam damage with max just having some positional perception! what game cant achieve balance when is oversimplified like this one

I agree, the skill cap is extremely low for pretty much every AC. However, it's still balanced well.

Yeah, I take anywhere from 2-9 days off at a time and still can come back and place in the top 2 of any warzone against the folks that play 24 hours a day 7 days a week.. you have to play smarter not harder, evolve with the game and the players that you play against. If you know some other player is better than you, pull an Ali and "rope a dope" the overconfident player into your backup. The fools that have no tactical knowledge are the ones that want the game spoon fed to them. Nothing will frustrate another player more than pulling them off of a cap.. baiting them into your teams respawn zone and then sprinting behind them and, for all you troopers out there, conc charging them into your recently respawning teammates and thus, forcing their healers to run off caps to get their ever so important "op" players healed and bubbled. all the while a stealthy little ninja redirects the healers back to the cap and ultimately dividing their forces.. may need to have some form of vent or *ahem* party chat to make this function properly but it usually works if the team is balanced and everyone knows their role. Too often it is just a bunch of people running around trying to solo everything and ultimately complaining they cannot kill everything in PvP like they can in PvE..

to the point though, let DoT's slow down caps just like it would be hard for anyone to hack a computer while they were slowly burning to death.. other than that, the game is balanced, just play like a champion and be proud when you take down the folks that refuse to get better. :D

The game would not be realistic if the Republic had the upper hand ;) always remember that..

Resolve is great for ranged class's, but bite's for melee class's. Root's and snare's hurt melee class's a lot more than ranged class's. If a melee is rooted they can still do some thing in theory, but in reality they can't reach their target so not really. All bounce's and push's affect melee more as well for the same reason.

The blinding grenades do not affect resolve because if you are attacked they break, but it still puts every one out of action for several seconds allowing your opponent to get range on melee's and heal them selves.

80% of all republic force's in PvP is trooper and counselor; both ranged and both heal. Both can dps, one has a lot of CC and the other is so simple to play that a gerbil could play it; rarely needing more than one button. Yeah, yeah you can interrupt, but then you get bounced and they heal and 4 seconds go by and it's pew, pew, pew again.

I'm not saying there are no other powerful class/build combinations or that competent players can't do well with what they have, but I don't find the game balanced for pvp atm, but I will concede that it could be worse.

I do well enough in WZ's (7+ medals and most often near or at the top of the chart) and have killed every class and been killed by ever class, but some class's have clear advantages over others.

It's been tempting to roll a BH, or Trooper just to see how easy it would be to press one button 90% of time, but I hate EZ mode class's and it seems boring although effective. A sage/counselor would be more to my liking and seem to be the best over all class in the game for pvp. Dps, heals, cc & not as squishy as they should be due to the bubble. Yeah, yeah the bubble is only one critical hit, but it still helps.

I could be one to say pvp is balanced because I do well enough in them, but I wont stick my head in sand just because of that. I have to work my azz off for kills while other's can stand there and spam one button. Pew, pew, pew ...

I know, I know ... just roll the FoTM face roll class if you want to be more competitive or perform better in PvP right? That is practical advice if winning is #1 and you don't care what class/build you play. In theory no one should even put in a place where they have to decide to play what they want/like or to play the ezmode face roll class, but that is not the reality.

I bet the majority of players that believe the class's are balanced for PvP have a ranged class for their main. Not every one, but the majority.

And what would be the point of arguing with a fanboi? And besides, all things considered, you wouldn't know intelligent if I bashed you in the face with it.

And yet, you have nothing intelligent to say, just more ad hominem attacks.

I am not a fanboi. In general I have an intense dislike, even hate, for PvP in this game. However, it is very well balanced.

Yep, I've told people the same thing. SWTOR in 1.1.5 is the most balanced PVP that I've seen in a major MMORPG.

I thought it was more balanced at launch, buff stacking aside. Concealment Operatives are probably more underpowered now than they were overpowered at launch (again, buff stacking aside), and the reduction in overall burst DPS has made Tanks/Healers a bit too survivable (at least the tanks/healers that can do DPS).

you do realise they had beta testers right? anyway in reality dates are irrelevant. and his opinion isnt wrong, its just not what you think.

I'm going against the forum grain here...

I just wanted to say, in regards to pvp, this is probably the most well balanced mmo I've had the pleasure of playing. I've seen entirely too many people complaining about the disparity in classes in this game. Sure, theres going to be a bit of that, but of all the games I've played its the most well balanced. I have a feeling that those who are QQ'ing the hardest are simply not applying their characters toolsets properly, something I've been guilty of myself.

Anarchy Online

Aion

Numerous FPS's (AA, TF2, etc..)

GW

WoW (1 week and quit!) terrible game.

and others...

Of all these games, yes, SWTOR has the most balanced pvp. *IMO*

Just wanted to share my thoughts. Thanks.

I agree. the pvp is just fine here. Seems to me most of the QQers crying out for nerfs just want THEIR class to be unstoppable so they try to get any class that kills them nerfed.

I thought it was more balanced at launch, buff stacking aside. Concealment Operatives are probably more underpowered now than they were overpowered at launch (again, buff stacking aside), and the reduction in overall burst DPS has made Tanks/Healers a bit too survivable (at least the tanks/healers that can do DPS).

I call bull on this. Concealment Ops are fine. They need a gap closer.. That is all.

No you are wrong, Resolve might have been a good idea if they wouldn't have ****ed up on the melee vs ranged ratio, not to mention that resolve is the most meaningful to healers.

Bioware just don't listen to people like this who think "OMG ranged/healers/everyone but me has it easier" - he is clueless about PVP and a terrible player.

Genuinely, balance is pretty good right now, and easily the best PVP balance overall from a MMO in years. A few very minor tweaks could be added, but nothing major.

Edited by Redmarx