Beating self-healers 1v1?

SweetOldBob

I've got a commando 'toon who pretty much gets 2K as the average grav-round hit. Nothing to brag about, but I don't believe it's terrible. And I rotate thru grav-round, power-bolt, and demo round, which seems to cause a lot of damage in WZs.

On Ilum, I've run into a few Imps who seem to be able to heal themselves about as fast as I can pour on fire, in the meantime wearing my HP down to zero.

The cyro grenade can buy me a breather, ditto for the concussive charge, but they only delay the inevitable. What's worse is I've found no way to outrun these suckers if it looks like I'm over-matched.

Any pointer for beating these guys 1v1?

Thanks.

use interrup .... oh wait :D

You'll have to time your stuns and knockbacks to interrupt their big heals.

We constantly have duels and our token commando easily beats our sage healer by just over powering them with with dps abilities. Without pillars and los the commando should destroy an equally geared healer.

Edited by Orangerascal

I've got a commando 'toon who pretty much gets 2K as the average grav-round hit. Nothing to brag about, but I don't believe it's terrible. And I rotate thru grav-round, power-bolt, and demo round, which seems to cause a lot of damage in WZs.

You must be doing something wrong. Everyone knows commandos crit for 5k all the time and only have to mash grav round.

Don't be alone. They only have to los you to render you nearly useless.

When I spec bodyguard (healer) there is NO WAY a (Grave round spec) could kill me. I will just line of sight. However, when I am arsenal (Grave round spec). I hit for 2.8k-5k, I could tear through healers in a matter of seconds. If I use all of my cool downs I could bring him down to about 30% in 2 seconds. If I stun him they usually die however the line of sigh really screws me.

On Ilum, I've run into a few Imps who seem to be able to heal themselves about as fast as I can pour on fire, in the meantime wearing my HP down to zero.

The cyro grenade can buy me a breather, ditto for the concussive charge, but they only delay the inevitable. What's worse is I've found no way to outrun these suckers if it looks like I'm over-matched.

Thanks.

1 on 1 the grav round spec is very easy to deal with for all classes pretty much due to the cast nature of the ability its strengh comes in a group fight situation

the issue with TM/grav round and reason it will be changed is that its decent DPS for almost no effort you have to focus and interupt them which leaves the healers free to keep them up kind of a catch 22 you need to focus the healer but if you do the mando/BH will burn you down fast if you focus the BH/mando healer will keep them up

as for advice on what to do I personal do not play a commando all I know is in a group they major issue 1 vs 1 I am going to win on any class I do play

so find a group or pocket healer to play with or look at another spec thats not cast time centric

You must be doing something wrong. Everyone knows commandos crit for 5k all the time and only have to mash grav round.

Obviously, I'm a noob, but is this a joke or are you serious?

If it's not a joke, and maybe this is a better question for the Trooper forum, what could I do to get more pop out of my grav round? I mean, pressing a key should be pressing a key, whether you're a rookie or a vet.

If it's not a joke, and maybe this is a better question for the Trooper forum, what could I do to get more pop out of my grav round? I mean, pressing a key should be pressing a key, whether you're a rookie or a vet.

Gear / talents.

They dont *hit for 5K* .. thats BS. They can crit for 5K .. seldom, against under geared opponents, or when blowing CD's and have 5 vortex's stacks up. Dont be fooled though. If you have good gear and are building stacks then pop CD's you should hit hard .. its not an *every shot hits for 5K* situation tho.

Gear / talents.

They dont *hit for 5K* .. thats BS. They can crit for 5K .. seldom, against under geared opponents, or when blowing CD's and have 5 vortex's stacks up. Dont be fooled though. If you have good gear and are building stacks then pop CD's you should hit hard .. its not an *every shot hits for 5K* situation tho.

I hate asking, but I just can't figure it out: what dies "blowing CD's" or "pop CD's" mean? :confused:

("Cool Down"? If that's it, how would you pop or blow it? "Crit[ical] Demo[lition]" round??)

Thanks!

When I spec bodyguard (healer) there is NO WAY a (Grave round spec) could kill me. I will just line of sight. However, when I am arsenal (Grave round spec). I hit for 2.8k-5k, I could tear through healers in a matter of seconds. If I use all of my cool downs I could bring him down to about 30% in 2 seconds. If I stun him they usually die however the line of sigh really screws me.

So....

You as a healer: no way in hell you can be taken down by grav round spec. You as grav round spec: no way a healer can survive.

Gotcha.

Don't be alone. They only have to los you to render you nearly useless.

dude seriously learn the class or S*T*F*U* Have I crit for 5k yes but not very often with grav round. My Grav rounds hit between 2k and 4k. Demolition Round will hit between 3k & 5k. Any Gunnery Commando just using Grav round is a terribad. You get your dps from Full Auto, Demolition Round & High Impact Bolt. Grav Round is what we stack to get our real DPS numbers. Then used as filler waiting for Full Auto, Demolition Round & High Impact Bolt to come off CD. Seriously if you lose to someone who just spams Grav Round then you should consider playing another game because this game isn't for you.

Edited by Ssfbistimg

Thanks.

Grav round commando has no chance against other dps classes but can easily kill any healer by doing inredible damage open field. However you will have no chance to kill him if the healer can los you.

Remember only a noob healer would die. So don't be discouraged if you can't kill one.

If I get caught out in the open in a one on one on Illum I run to the nearest column type object. I have quite a few scouted out and according to where I get attacked I run to the nearest one.

I've even practiced jumping, spinning 360, casting snare, and continuing to run in a direction ad nauseum. It's how the sage class, at least, is designed to be played to it's optimal level. Dot, snare, kite, and if anyone persists to try to kill you and you can draw the fight out long enough you even kill him. :)

Edited by LancelotOC

I hate asking, but I just can't figure it out: what dies "blowing CD's" or "pop CD's" mean? :confused:

("Cool Down"? If that's it, how would you pop or blow it? "Crit[ical] Demo[lition]" round??)

Thanks!

Using skills / abilitys with Cool downs.

IE Picking up a WZ enhancement. Using a WZ / Rakata Adrenal. Using your relic for its on use ability (Crit/surge/power whatever) Using your Tech over ride to burst. Combining these you can get some nasty burst, Pop adrenal > Pop relic > Grav round > tech Over ride another instant grav round .. this can result is quick burst damage.

These CD abilitys on not on the GCD .. so you can basically hit them all very quickly to force great burst. They have longish CDs tho (1-2 mins) so timing them to get a kill is where practice comes in.

GL !

Edited by Demarcc

3-3.5k crits is what should be more normal- with the lower being without adrenals and the higher being with them. You're definitely a bit low on damage to take on a good healer- regardless, you aren't the best class for 1v1 against healers by a long shot.