carolina parakeet or iron fist?

gloaria

which is the best hybrid build? ive rolled pyro but just dont like being squishy so looking to roll with a hybrid defence build..

give me your favorite and why

Pyro is only squishy if your gear is not decent enough to kill quickly. Otherwise, you wouldnt have an issue going toe to toe with any other AC.

Playing pyro is like playing russian roulette. Except you have 4 bullets in your chamber and your opponent always goes first. lol The odds are usually you will win, but every now and then you die.

I use a somewhat unconventional 11/5/25 build running with ion cylinder for added surviveablitly. You get all the nice boosts to rail shot and pick up the 100% ion activation trigger from rocket punch (which also sets up rail shot) along with the snare effect proc. I don't put up the huge damage numbers a straight pyro build using cgc will but your damage is still solid and more than capable of taking most people down...

I leveled pretty much as an iron fist build and in my 50's have played around with lots of different setups like the parakeet, straight pyro dps, etc... This "tanky" rail focused build really works well for my play style since I like to be able to put out enough burst to not just get ignored by people and also be able to get into the mix of things without getting torn apart like tissue paper.

Stern Lecture

50 powertech - Juyo

Edited by Smapty

Wondering if I could get some comments/critique on my modified parakeet that I use for both PVE & PVP.

Runs on ion.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GRGR00roZ0MZbIbbdh.1

- I would cap Shield vents. (makes a bigger difference in pve)

- I would put the 2 AP points in Prototype Burn Enhancers

- I would switch the 3 points in integrated cardio package and take bursting flame. That way in pve you can easily fill the role of a dps and switch to CGC. That 3% endurance is the biggest waste of 3 points imo.

Here is what I run: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301rMhrd0roZ0MZfhbbdh.1

It's not great for pvp, but it's more of a PVE DPS/Off tank hybrid. Just have to remember to use Incendiary missile for the railshot prereq.

If you're doing PVP, 2/2 No Escape is a must (maybe move 2 points from intimidation or 1 from neural overload and 1 from something else).

I agree that the points in Integrated Cadio should be in Bursting flame.