Pre-Order Colored Crysal is SOOOOO Misleading

Dawginole

"Change the color of your lightsaber blade and blaster bolts."

When I have read this, which has been a number of times in the last 5 months, I always thought this meant that one would be able to select a color for their lightsaber or blaster. "Change the color" meant to me that with this item we would be able to choose a color.

Nope. It means you get a crystal that is a black lightsaber with a yellow glow. There is no option to pick a color. So when it says change the color, it just means you get an item that changes it from the pretty blue color you start with.

There is a slight stat bonus. But the blade color is ugly as sin and you lose the ability to return to the blue you started with.

So just a heads up there.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When I have read this, which has been a number of times in the last 5 months, I always thought this meant that one would be able to select a color for their lightsaber or blaster. "Change the color" meant to me that with this item we would be able to choose a color.

Nope. It means you get a crystal that is a black lightsaber with a yellow glow. There is no option to pick a color. So when it says change the color, it just means you get an item that changes it from the pretty blue color you start with.

There is a slight stat bonus. But the blade color is ugly as sin and you lose the ability to return to the blue you started with.

Well, when you assume you make an .......

And as far as "lose the ability to return"...um no, you can swap the crystals back if you want unless you were dumb enough to destroy the original one.

Umm... You do know you can pull out the Preorder crystal and put the blue crystal back in, right?

That was my impression at first as well but in retrospect its perfectly what they said it was. Its like winning a competition for a Toyata car only to find out its a Toy Yoda because you did not read into it too much.

But oh well....

Also if you want to keep your mods/crystals and other such.... just open up your weapon mod pop up and drag and drop the mod from your weapon to your inventory. Costs some credits (like 35) to do it, but... meh its nothing.

update: ty for the removal info.

Can the crystal be removed from the lightsaber after it has been used? I am not pleased to hear this either. Lik ethe OP I expected to be able to choose the color.

Edited by ThorienM

That you see "change" and your brain says "select" is not an indication that the description is misleading; it just means you jump to conclusions.

It's been known for months, and publicly stated by Bioware, that the stone had a single color combination associated with it.

Wait wait wait wait wait.

Stop.

You're telling me that the crystal, which is supposed to change the color of the lightsaber blade, in actuality will change the color of the lightsaber blade?!??!?!?!

Mother of God...........

Honey Badger don't give a......

I'll admit that when the crystal was announced I too thought you would be able to select the color. However, after that it was made public that the crystal was yellow and black, and it has been said many, many times more after that. So this has been known for a very long time.

As for not being able to get your blue saber back... Just remove the pre-order crystal from your saber and put the blue crystal back in. Unless you destroyed your blue crystal, and if so, well... you'll just have to find another one.

Wait wait wait wait wait.

Stop.

You're telling me that the crystal, which is supposed to change the color of the lightsaber blade, in actuality will change the color of the lightsaber blade?!??!?!?!

Mother of God...........

I know, my mind = blown

The description is not misleading at all, it does exactly what it advertises.

Your interpretation and reading between the lines is the only misleading thing. Sort of like the "up to 5 days" redonkulousness going around recently.

They are misleading descriptions. They are intentionally written in such a way that they are prone to misinterpretation.

I'm sure the exact words were carefully considered to cause exactly whats happening. They are correct enough that BW can't be accused of being liers. But they certainly arn't nearly as clear as they could be.

They are misleading descriptions. They are intentionally written in such a way that they are prone to misinterpretation.

I'm sure the exact words were carefully considered to cause exactly whats happening. They are correct enough that BW can't be accused of being liers. But they certainly arn't nearly as clear as they could be.

First of all, they are not misleading. They say it changes the color. It changes the color. Anything else is the player making boneheaded assumptions and is 100% entirely their fault.

Second, thinking that BW wrote their descriptions with the intent to confuse players? Congratulations, that's the stupidest, most idiotic, most insane conspiracy theory I've read on the forums in weeks.

The crystal delivers exactly as described. It changes the color of you saber.

I'm sorry if people once again set their expectations WAY beyond was was communicated to them.

Edited by Thradar