Confusing Jedi

Akkub

I find it amusing that the Jedi Code condems romantic relationships, but yet; you come across offspring from Jedi, more often than one would think. Including Miss Shan, is a product of such "coupling".

Power to Jedi teaching by Jolee Bindo... lol

I find it amusing that the Jedi Code condems romantic relationships, but yet; you come across offspring from Jedi, more often than one would think. Including Miss Shan, is a product of such "coupling".

Meh. Never thought of it as rules. More like guidelines. :D

The Council more so then the Code disproves of attachments. Even then the council changes it's stance on it from time to time, typically depending on how many Jedi there are. Shortly after the sacking of the Jedi temple they were more lax about such a thing because when two Jedi have a kid, the kid is likely to be force sensitive.

But when the number of Jedi is relativity high they become more conservative about it again.

Edited by VanorDM

Before 4,000 BBY, the Jedi Order was made up of loosely affiliated local groups. After the Great Sith War, they became a unified organization under the Jedi High Council, which began to reinterpret the Jedi Code. Among the new regulations were the prohibition of marriage and the idea that Jedi must begin their training as very young children.

Currently it is 3,641 BBY. While it is frowned upon, marriage is completely okay during this time period because they are still in the process of organizing themselves. Interestingly enough, when Luke starts the New Jedi Order and things are again disorganized. The rules on marriage and familial attachments are again bent.

Edited by DarthRavnos

The Console more so then the Code disproves of attachments. Even then the console changes it's stance on it from time to time, typically depending on how many Jedi there are. Shortly after the sacking of the Jedi temple they were more lax about such a thing because when two Jedi have a kid, the kid is likely to be force sensitive.

But when the number of Jedi is relativity high they become more conservative about it again.

Uh, do you mean council? :confused:

Also, keep in mind there are rare cases of Force sensitive people having children. And those children going to the temple to become Jedi. Take Anakin Skywalker for an example.

So not all Jedi are products of other Jedi.

Shmi Skywalker wasn't Force Sensitive at all. Unless Lucas changed his mind AGAIN and made her Force Sensitive.

Shmi Skywalker wasn't Force Sensitive at all. Unless Lucas changed his mind AGAIN and made her Force Sensitive.

You took my post out of context. Anakin is an example of someone not born of "Jedi" heritage. I didn't mean his mother was Force sensitive. Point being Jedi's are not the only one's capable of making Jedi's. :cool:

You took my post out of context. Anakin is an example of someone not born of "Jedi" heritage. I didn't mean his mother was Force sensitive. Point being Jedi's are not the only one's capable of making Jedi's. :cool:

Oh. Your punctuation made it read weirdly. Sorry about that.

I thought in the book they said she was strong in the force but not nearly as powerful as Anakin.

Not from what I remember. I could be wrong, though. I'd check but my Phantom Menace book is in a box in an attic half a country away.

Edited by Aximand

Well, in my opinion the Jedi code is somewhat flawed. There is no emotion, there is peace could be agued that peace is an emotion and so that part doesn't make sense. So, in my opinion, as long as you just love someone, and don't allow those feelings to turn into passion (like Anakin did with Padme) you will be alright. It is very hard to do as some of you probably already know. :o

Emotion, yet peace.

Ignorance, yet knowledge.

Passion, yet serenity.

Chaos, yet harmony.

Death, yet the Force.

Odan-Urr was an idiot. The original code, as written above, does not deny the Jedi these things called emotions. Rather it states that "though I feel emotions like anger and love I shall act calmly" and "though others or even I myself do not know something, I shall strive to teach and learn" and "though the world spins with great happening I shall remain calm and objective" and "Though things are fractured around me I shall work to bring peace and justice" and "I accept that there is death, but when someone or something dies they become part of something much greater than myself"

Honestly, the whole, "There is no" aspect was a huge mistake. My opinion but hey.

Emotion, yet peace.

Ignorance, yet knowledge.

Passion, yet serenity.

Chaos, yet harmony.

Death, yet the Force.

Odan-Urr was an idiot. The original code, as written above, does not deny the Jedi these things called emotions. Rather it states that "though I feel emotions like anger and love I shall act calmly" and "though others or even I myself do not know something, I shall strive to teach and learn" and "though the world spins with great happening I shall remain calm and objective" and "Though things are fractured around me I shall work to bring peace and justice" and "I accept that there is death, but when someone or something dies they become part of something much greater than myself"

Honestly, the whole, "There is no" aspect was a huge mistake. My opinion but hey.

I like it. +1, and -1,000,000 to the Jedi Councils of ALL eras that decided to misinterpret it. Probably because the Grandmaster at the time it was FIRST misinterpreted it just couldn't get any. :p

I like it. +1, and -1,000,000 to the Jedi Councils of ALL eras that decided to misinterpret it. Probably because the Grandmaster at the time it was FIRST misinterpreted it just couldn't get any. :p

That's what happens when you let basement dwelling trolls write the Jedi Code. Man, we all could be getting some in TOR without Darkside points if it wasn't for that jerkwad.