Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

New patch and server maintenance at peak time?

defendurname

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone - we apologize for the inconvenience. We do everything we can to avoid taking the servers down for maintenance outside of our regular weekly maintenance, but in some cases (like this one, unfortunately) we can't avoid it. This patch is necesary to ensure a good experience for all players during our Weekend Pass Trial weekend. We never take interrupting your playtime lightly, and this is no exception. Emergencies do happen occasionally, and we are working as quickly as we can to bring the servers back up so you can continue enjoying the game. In the meantime, we'll keep you updated with any new information that becomes available. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to ensure everything goes smoothly this weekend.

Well said, you are all doing great! I appreciate the hard work you are all putting into this game to make it wonderful. Emergencies happen and it is very understandable. Don't let'em work you guys too hard!

Reading all the posts on here this thread downturns to something political..

Ok servers still down and it is 2:33pm Central time here in Texas. Could be they have some glitches to fix? Who cares so long as they are fixing things I have no problem. You STWOR addicts calm down! You will get your playtime fix soon enough.:D

Being

Indecisive like a woman in a shoe store

Obviously on the ball by seeing to all player concerns....

Warnings before downtime? LOL no

Angering Players because we can

Rewarding all players with DOWNTIME

Europeans, well we just generally like to **** on them

WARNING!! DOWNTIME IMMINENT!!

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY ALLL PLAYERS WILL BE EJECTED INTO REALITY!

Obviously BW is a company and as such wants to make money. I actually don't care at all about this downtime.

What I want people here to be aware of tho is that this 'patch' has illustrated 1 thing very clearly: Bioware does not care about you, the individual paying customer. Or about groups of customers.

Their main goal is to get as many subscribers as they can. If they have to screw over their current paying subscribers to do it, they will.

i doubt anyone can weed through all this at the rate its going, anyone still posting here in 28 minutes is a complete tool

this is very true. but will still happen tho, as i foresee the authentication servers crashing as thousands of "paying customers" flood the servers all trying to log in at the same time lol

lol....Quit your complaining, **** happens

not the end of the world

Actually, it may be the end of the world! There's a massive storm with 2 inch hail headed toward me and it is set to hit just before the servers come back up... would be nice if I could play at least a few more minutes of swtor before I have to go repair the roof, replace my car and lose power for days!

Or perhaps I'll get lucky and it'll go just to the north of me and I'll have an enjoyable evening of swtor ahead of me. :)

They are hot fixing an exploit.

Origin wins at communicating what they are doing.

If they where why not mention it ? Saying that free trials getting before paying customers is pretty stupid then dont you think ? If they patch due to critical exploit then i understand, but when it comes to free trials then i gets really mad.

This is not just in SWTOR i get mad about these things. I think that goes for you all, when you are a customer you should be taken care as one, if the company isnt you prolly get mad and cancel their services right ?

If they delay 1.2 i will cancel swtor, and go back to rift, its a nice game but they piss on their customers that i dont like, remeber Conan =) ? They did the same and BAM they went from populated to dead in weeks.

Erm i dont think so.

Very little notice and it takes alot time to organize Raids, Thursday is a raid night in my guild at 7pm GTM people all ready to go on teamspeak to find the servers are down.

Not acceptable if im honest.

2 hrs out of a day is no big deal. the game will be back up soon and this gives you a chance to get out of the chair and do something productive. like troll on forums about how your life is so hard and little inconveniences ruin your life.

I am not pi**ed because the servers are down and it is my prime time. I'm also ok with the maintenance time on tuesday, it has to be SOME time and if we will be able to communicate across servers in the future, I guess we need ONE maintenance time.

BUT I am quite annoyed that I get no information WHY the servers are really down, no info at all at first (Look in the forum - post just says servers are down. Gee, figured that much already out!), and then some wishy-washy info that implies the patch will fix some issues that have to do with the coming weekend.

So the patch does not fix a real emergency and there could have at least been a warning a few hours ahead.

This lack of information has occurred many times before (no or very few informations, informations all over the place in the forum, on the launcher, twitter), and I regard this as utmost incompetence in customer service. Needs to change, imho.

A sense of entitlement... Bioware created a great product here and as previously mentioned is a mere three months old. To have moments during the day where the game needs a tweak or a tune folks go banana's to what end? One would think that someone would rather have something running smoothly in the long run rather than in the interim. Patience is a virtue, ever here of the cliche? Technology has spoiled the already rotten eggs... Get over yourself. Give these folks who give you so much enjoyment a break.

I am laughing so hard at all the QQ. The people saying WoW was so much better at launch and how they are unsubscribing.

I hate to tell you, idiots, but at the start of WoW there were multiple threads exactly like this one where people cried about how they don't care about their customers, and how they are unsubscribing to go play guild wars.

New games need more maintenance. If you sincerely cannot tolerate being off the game for two hours, I hope you unsubscribe, you have mental issues that need to be taken care of.

OK... fine, but patching 4 hours later would have been better and wouldn't kill anyone for sure.

They are showing to be unprofessional and not taking care of EU customers, won't last forever.

Patching 4 hours later would have hit the US east coast peak time, thats why they did an emergency shut down in the EU peaktime!

Thats what shows Bioware gives a **** about customers outside of the US besides taking their cash.