Videos of ppl without fps issues...

Kalyk

FPS issues. Some ppl say they have them, some ppl say they can run the game "fine" on older or lower spec machines. I personally find that 90% of the time my game is fine when I'm leveling getting around 30-60 fps (and we all know that leveling is mostly a solo game). In WZ fps can drop. Illum was bad with more than 10 vs 10, and I have a pretty decent rig*.

I have seen many videos of ppl WITH fps issues. Low fps in Ilum, pausing when interface windows appear, etc. What I don't see, but often see claims of, are videos where ppl don't have these issues.

Can anyone link to videos where ppl are NOT having fps issues?

NOTE: This isn't intended as a "if you can't show me you don't have problems then you are lying." thread. I'm just curious how the other side live and a video would show me. With a video I can compare you relative settings to mine. (Maybe I'm being ambitious and have my settings too high.)

My Rig:

i7 2600k

16gb Corsair Vengence

Asus P8Z68V-3

AMD XFX 7970

Samsung 830 128gb

Win7 64bit

I also have a RamDisk running for the SWTOR cache (The jury is out on whether this helps with an ssd)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love some statistics about this tbh, got a feeling its as usual ATI users who are having these issues.

Got nvidia here, no issues at all with fps so far.

I do get the issue with opening my character sheet and on alderaan. BUT when i'm not being stupid and have some settings turned down the stutters stops imagine that!

Would love some statistics about this tbh, got a feeling its as usual ATI users who are having these issues.

I honestly don't want to sound harsh, but WRONG. Please stop the whole Nvidia drivers > AMD drivers bs lie. People running equipment from both companies are complaining. Many AMD users have no issues. Many Nvidia users claim no issues either. But both sides are complaining too, there is no specific card or driver that is the problem.

I'm sorry but so many people still have the unfounded stigma that AMD drivers are terrible when in fact they're damn near as flawless as Nvidia. I run every game in my arsenal on a 6970 without freezing, hitching, artifacting or crashing. Can't remember the last time my drivers failed, tbh.

No video but I have no FPS-issues at all. Looking forward to the higher res-thingies in 1.2!

(I know this isn't helping at all, but anyways...)

So post a vid with a framerate counter and prove it like the OP kindly asked.

@ the OP

You won't get many/any replies with actual proof because there is no one who doesn't have the issues. There will be people, like the first response, who say they are not having issues, but they probably either are lying or just don't know the difference or don't care about the difference between 20-30 fps and a solid 60.

The engine is a mess for everyone. No one in this topic or any other will post proof showing otherwise because they don't exist.

Edited by HKDeath

@HKDeath

I suspect this to be the case, but am happy to be proven wrong.

On almost every thread I've seen where someone raises the issue of FPS issues there tend to be links to videos backing up the fps issues. What I don't see are links to videos where ppl are not having these issues.

AMD 6850's here....and I don't have issues (Except Ilum previously, but even that has gone) So no, it's not NVidia get's it right, AMD get's it wrong ;)

Well - why don't you just type 'swtor' into the youtube search bar?`I found plenty of group footage (wz, ops) where it was clear, that the recording person had totally fluent gameplay. If you are talking Ilum only - the best I've seen was one guy having a solid 15 fps in a 50v50.

I, personally, do have issues, though.

Edited by wtfnonamefree

AMD 6850's here....and I don't have issues (Except Ilum previously, but even that has gone) So no, it's not NVidia get's it right, AMD get's it wrong ;)

And where is your link to a video where you don't have FPS issues? (Or did you not actually read the 1st post?)

And where is your link to a video where you don't have FPS issues? (Or did you not actually read the 1st post?)

No video's I'm afraid (yes I did read the top post)....was merely answering the NVidia/AMD bit :o

Edited by Vlakrar

Once the ops start kicking off my fps drop to single figures, mainly 1 fps.

Have no other real issues with fps, around 15-20 in the rep fleet with 200+ players but yeah Ilum is unplayable, all I can do is just look away from the fight and wait untill its over to move again, providing my pc doesnt crash.

Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition 3.2 (OC to 3.8)

3G RAM

Radeon HD5770

Windows XP 32bit(reason my RAM is only 3G)

All the standard pc performance checks been carried out, 30gig free, virus free, dusted, defragmented, drivers updated bla bla.

Dont expect to run the game perfect on maxed out gfx but when im above the reccomended specs id hope for more than 1fps in the main world pvp zone.

My CPU useage is only like 30% when im on 1fps and my card is barely warm, where as on Skyrim it gets too hot to touch which leads me to believe it must be RAM related, if it is a problem on my end, if.

All you whiners will always complain because it's almost impossible for anyone to record a video that shows 100+fps at 1080p, because it uses too many resources to record and play at the same time. WITH ANY GAME.

For those who know the limitations, you can check out my (badly) recorded stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dash911/b/310866234

I usually get 3x the FPS when not streaming. The "stutter" you feel is only caused by streaming lag. My gaming is totally smooth, even at 30fps (60-200 while non-streaming). I don't get any stutter from opening UI elements (I do it about a thousand times in the video).

So there you have it.

Edited by dashspeed

Well - why don't you just type 'swtor' into the youtube search bar?`I found plenty of group footage (wz, ops) where it was clear, that the recording person had totally fluent gameplay. If you are talking Ilum only - the best I've seen was one guy having a solid 15 fps in a 50v50.

I, personally, do have issues, though.

need an FPS counter to actually see if it's fluent, I recorded with fraps when I was in Ilum at 6 fps and the fraps video comes out pretty fluent compared to how it actually was

This....

Switched from ATI to Nvidia 6 months ago after trying them out for a year...I wont look back, Nvidia all the way.

To all the complainers and "show me video footage of your good f.p.s"

Anyone knows that running Video recording software is going to cause delay's in your game, so that dispels that as any sort of Factual evidence immediately. If you PVP in 50 v 50 area's you are going to have issues, Name me an MMO that doesn't...

Anyone can stand on fleet opening and closing 10 windows at a time to prove a point, the fact is no normal person does that, ever, on a regular basis.

Intel i-7 2600k

Nvidia gtx 580

8 gb ram

Z68 pro MB

No F.P.S issues at all anywhere in the game, maybe because I don't insist on PVPing, and when I do it's in a WZ that I again, have no issues in...!!!

Edited by Nippon

If you want to see good examples of people running SWTOR fine is Livestreams, tho YouTube videos will also do Justice cause fraps can cause a big hit on FPS when recording, Livestreaming is a more hardcore test as it requires a lot more resources then just recording with fraps.

All you whiners will always complain because it's almost impossible for anyone to record a video that shows 100+fps at 1080p, because it uses too many resources to record and play at the same time. WITH ANY GAME.

For those who know the limitations, you can check out my (badly) recorded stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dash911/b/310866234

I usually get 3x the FPS when not streaming. The "stutter" you feel is only caused by streaming lag. My gaming is totally smooth, even at 30fps (60-200 while non-streaming). I don't get any stutter from opening UI elements (I do it about a thousand times in the video).

So there you have it.

I'd be happy to see a camera phone video that can clearly show the in-game fps meter in certain "known" situations that some ppl say they have problems. It's not the the fidelity of the video that matters. It's showing fps meter, showing your settings and showing what happens when you open a window or run around in a wz, or whatever.

Those that say they have no fps issues usually are people that don't go to Illum or Wz's I've found. I have yet to know anyone that doesn't have fps issues though. I have similar rigs that the OP has and always have issues in wz's and illum. BW need to own up and stop pretending it's not a problem and blaming it on the customers, because we have some really nice rigs.

6 core 4ghz oc watercooled

6970 oc

8 gig ram (1600mhz)

terrible fps in warzones, bf3/crysis 2/ basically every game in high no probs. Im praying for a fix, i pvp.

Absolutely love swtor so far, if worst comes to worst im prepared to upgrade again

Edited by PepperYourAngus