1.2 release date?

Hunterofjedi

It should be obvious. People can only reply to him directly on Twitter, and therefore not reply collectively to his communication. Collectively EA/Bioware gets flames, but individually it's just small puffs of smoke that don't feed off of each other.

and what does this guy do for Bioware? Can I have that job? I want to Tweet all day.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read Twitter too. I believe, if you are the Nyteblades on Twitter, Stephen Reid already answered your question about why no concrete dates. I'll re-post it here in case you missed it.

@rockjaw (Stephen Reid says):

@nyteblades In my experience, shifting dates infuriate more than they please. We've got our policy, but I hear your concerns.

your right i am the same one on twitter. But you didnt post the whole thing. His answer was to me telling him that delays was one thing but lack of information and possible fixes and release dates are something else. And that we wasnt asking for the moon just some light.

There is no real exscuse to not inform your customers what is causing delays or when a possible release/fix might be implemented.Its not set in stone its a viable goal.

AMD Live 64 9500 Quadcore 2.2 Ghz, Nvidia Geforce G210, 3 gigs system ram running vista home premium 32 bit... WELL ABOVE the min specs (about 25 CPU releases to be exact) and the game still runs like ****.

Thanks for sharing that. And this explains why you have poor framerates. An NVIDIA 210 video card is VERY low end, not to mention 3 generations old now (400, 500, 600 after it). Because of the 210 your system does not meet minimum specs.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units

Raw performance comparison...

210: 2.4 GP/s, 4.7 GT/s

7800 GS: 3.0 GP/s, 6.0 GT/s

7800 GT: 6.4 GP/s, 8.0 GT/s

7800 GTX: 8.8 GP/s, 13.2 GT/s

Edited by cipher_nemo

your right i am the same one on twitter. But you didnt post the whole thing. His answer was to me telling him that delays was one thing but lack of information and possible fixes and release dates are something else. And that we wasnt asking for the moon just some light.

There is no real exscuse to not inform your customers what is causing delays or when a possible release/fix might be implemented.Its not set in stone its a viable goal.

Actually, just posted the rest of what I saw on there. He also suggests that those inquiring about 1.2 ask again tomorrow which means perhaps more information will be available tomorrow.

Edited by Dolcia

Ooh, Twitter regurgitation is fun! Here is another one.

SirWim:

Instead of being an anti-information barrier, let us in the loop: "we're tentatively aiming for ___, but no promises."

Rockjaw (Stephen Reid):

Which is exactly what we did when we said 'March' and then 'April'.

And some wonderful responses to everything you've already suggested is the reasoning behind these delays, Nyteblades.

Nyteblades:

So in otherwords our feed back dosnt matter?

Rockjaw (Stephen Reid):

Impressive misreading. No, your feedback matters enormously, which is why we change things in response to it (hence delays).

Nyteblades:

delays are one thing lack of information on delays or possible fixes/releases is another.

Rockjaw (Stephen Reid):

We don't think continuous updates on a shifting release date will please anyone. Thanks for your feedback, tho.

Rockjaw (Stephen Reid):

Back at desk and coffee is flowing. For those asking, more details on 1.2 publish date are being finalized. Hold tight.

I like this Nyteblade

SirWim:

Instead of being an anti-information barrier, let us in the loop: "we're tentatively aiming for ___, but no promises."

Rockjaw (Stephen Reid):

And some wonderful responses to everything you've already suggested is the reasoning behind these delays, Nyteblades.

Nyteblades:

Rockjaw (Stephen Reid):

Impressive misreading. No, your feedback matters enormously, which is why we change things in response to it (hence delays).

Nyteblades:

delays are one thing lack of information on delays or possible fixes/releases is another.

Rockjaw (Stephen Reid):

We don't think continuous updates on a shifting release date will please anyone. Thanks for your feedback, tho.

Rockjaw (Stephen Reid):

Back at desk and coffee is flowing. For those asking, more details on 1.2 publish date are being finalized. Hold tight.

LOL why dont you post the entire conversation instead of just what you want to edit in for your amusement you must work for fox news right?

They will wait for us to pay another month before releasing 1.2.

I told my guild when they announced 1.2, i knew this was coming.

-------------------

So if you don't like 1.2 and want to quit, you already gave them your money for a full month.

I'm paid until June 16th myself so that doesn't apply to me.

But some of you will get played.

Welcome to EA's game. :)

EDIT: but of course it's only delayed because they want to MAKE SURE everything is 100%....

That's not what they did with the game release, they rushed for money before christmas. You think this is any different??

Edited by Thekze

LOL why dont you post the entire conversation instead of just what you want to edit in for your amusement you must work for fox news right?

Do you think they pay well? I could be into that. How about I just post the link and let others find the information they seek.

http://twitter.com/#!/rockjaw

But, you know, like I said, I posted the stuff that was relevant to the complaints you are voicing in this thread. Why no concrete day? They don't care about our feedback.

Do you think they pay well? I could be into that. How about I just post the link and let others find the information they seek.

But, you know, like I said, I posted the stuff that was relevant to the complaints you are voicing in this thread. Why no concrete day? They don't care about our feedback.

I'd rather be a full time tweeter.

One of the things that gets to me is that this last friday... during the convention at PaxEast, James Ohlen himself said the following:

Well, Star Wars: The Old Republic is already out, so I won't plug the gameplay because I am sure everyone already knows what that is. For 2012 we really want players to, going back to the subscription model, feel like they're getting their money's worth. So the scope of our game updates in 2012 is going to be unimaginable. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting.

So this either means he was lying, of there is a patch coming sometime this week other than patch day. I don't mind waiting, or that they don't give exact dates.... but if you make a statement like that, please back it up! Instead, we get Stephen Reid on twitter this morning saying:

Wth Bioware?

Edited by Aedales

AMD Live 64 9500 Quadcore 2.2 Ghz, Nvidia Geforce G210, 3 gigs system ram running vista home premium 32 bit... WELL ABOVE the min specs (about 25 CPU releases to be exact) and the game still runs like ****. I have checked my cpu serial number and no.. i dont have the TLI bug (as far as i can tell) .. anyway..

I would say your GPU is your weakest point, the 210 is pretty much a bare minimum entry level GPU now. Infact, it is probably a downgrade from a 7800, just because its a new number system doesn't mean its a better GPU.

The fact of the matter is that anyone listed above the min specs should be able to run the game well.. at least 40+ fps smoothly even in PVP which is a close environment with only 16 people.

No it doesn't, minimum specs are what are required to be able to 'run' the game, there is often a massive difference between 'running' a game and being able to 'play' the game. Minimum specs do not guarantee playability in any game.

I would say your GPU is your weakest point, the 210 is pretty much a bare minimum entry level GPU now. Infact, it is probably a downgrade from a 7800, just because its a new number system doesn't mean its a better GPU.

Yup. I have already proved that...

Thanks for sharing that. And this explains why you have poor framerates. An NVIDIA 210 video card is VERY low end, not to mention 3 generations old now (400, 500, 600 after it). Because of the 210 your system does not meet minimum specs.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units

Raw performance comparison...

210: 2.4 GP/s, 4.7 GT/s

7800 GS: 3.0 GP/s, 6.0 GT/s

7800 GT: 6.4 GP/s, 8.0 GT/s

7800 GTX: 8.8 GP/s, 13.2 GT/s

One of the things that gets to me is that this last friday... during the convention at PaxEast, James Ohlen himself said the following:

So this either means he was lying, of there is a patch coming sometime this week other than patch day. I don't mind waiting, or that they don't give exact dates.... but if you make a statement like that, please back it up! Instead, we get Stephen Reid on twitter this morning saying:

Wth Bioware?

EXactly dont back peddle dont cloak and dagger it either do it or tell us why you cant.

And when you exspect to be able to. That would be more than enough to satify most people myself included. Not soon not maybe not ask me tommorow. Give me information so i can asses my time and how i want to spend it.

SirWim:

Rockjaw (Stephen Reid):

Nyteblades:

Rockjaw (Stephen Reid):

Nyteblades:

Rockjaw (Stephen Reid):

Rockjaw (Stephen Reid):

Man no wonder they don't want to contact the customer base too much, if thats the kind of response they get when they do. I would hate to be a CS Manager for a video game, it's about as close as anyone could get to a legally assisted suicide.

I always wondered at what point people forgo their humanity enough to think that being a paying customer entitles them to be foul to anyone they speak to, and expect a hug in return.

Edited by Vahzl

I don't evny his job at all. It doesn't matter what repsonse he gives, it will always be the wrong one for someone. Customer relation roles are an absolute nightmare haha and I work in a customer facing role for a large company that exports across the globe!

Very true, however that date is an internal issue, it would be highly unlikely to publish that developement date to a potential customer, especially for a large industry. They may propose a date as and when they are pertty sure they can achieve it, otherwise it would all be internal to the company.

It depends on whether Sales got a hold of it. Seriously, if Sales hears a date, its in stone, all of their clients and potential customers know it, and you sure better hit it, or its your fault that we didn't make the customer happy. :D

maybe he should read more, tweet less?

Part of the job of any community manager, and community teams are to tweet. It is one of the most successful advertising and contact mediums out there, and also, what about writing 140 letters every few hours takes time? You suggest that he sits there wide eyed waiting for people to RT him?

Honestly the amount of bile building up in my throat towards some of you people on this forum is disturbing.

I am no fanboy, but you people can't keep thinking that this is how you address people, in any walk of life, no matter what these people do.

It depends on whether Sales got a hold of it. Seriously, if Sales hears a date, its in stone, all of their clients and potential customers know it, and you sure better hit it, or its your fault that we didn't make the customer happy. :D

EA rules with an iron fist though. If marketing did that, they would be executed by stoning, on the company parking lot, with their children watching... while on fire!

Part of the job of any community manager, and community teams are to tweet. It is one of the most successful advertising and contact mediums out there, and also, what about writing 140 letters every few hours takes time? You suggest that he sits there wide eyed waiting for people to RT him?

Honestly the amount of bile building up in my throat towards some of you people on this forum is disturbing.

I am no fanboy, but you people can't keep thinking that this is how you address people, in any walk of life, no matter what these people do.

I'm sorry you feel that way, honestly. Take a Bromo!

maybe he should read more, tweet less?

He still hasnt answerd my question when he said ask tommorow. I asked why if they going to give a date tommrow? why not just say that why the cloak and dagger act?

Theres no reason for it if you know people will assume when you say ask tommrow. That we will have a date tommrow why not just say,We are going to try to release a date tommrow. And if you know thats prolly not going to happen why the hell say it in the first place?

I wish to god i could make his salary just to give non information answers hell id sell my company and relax thru life.

Yes, this is my point. Again, I can respect the opinion that the way 1.2 was handled is not satisfactory to some ... but hot damn, people, were some of you raised by Gundarks? There is a way to get your point across without being a rude little twit.

Man no wonder they don't want to contact the customer base too much, if thats the kind of response they get when they do. I would hate to be a CS Manager for a video game, it's about as close as anyone could get to a legally assisted suicide.

I always wondered at what point people forgo their humanity enough to think that being a paying customer entitles them to be foul to anyone they speak to, and expect a hug in return.

The entitlement of being a paying customer coupled with the anonymity of the internet can be brutal :)