1.2 release date?

Hunterofjedi

From what I have read from this thread, most people have few disconnects. I have had about 5 and that is because of certain issues that I looked into and fixed. My game runs perfectly fine now. Before you keep complaining to Bioware about fixing this issue you might have, look into your problem and see if it can be fixed by yourself or by a tech guy. I'm readily and excitedly waiting for this patch, and I want to know if it will be released in the next week or so.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote=WesleyJanson;3777559

Instead of another delay into 2012 they release it 5 days before Christmas to just barely make it for holiday sales, and the game still felt and obviously was unfinished.

People forget they're playing an EA game sometimes.

Another delay?? What delay are you talking about? The game was released exactly when they said it would be. (In fact the early release had 2 days added to it.)

I know its a silly question....but why are we paying monthly fees again?

As far as I can see 1.2 should have been included in launch and we have paid for that. Bioware have done nothing to substantiate the monthly fee.

So far all we are seeing are bug fixes and loads and loads of promises.

Another delay?? What delay are you talking about? The game was released exactly when they said it would be. (In fact the early release had 2 days added to it.)

EA business plan:

Release a paid beta just before holidays -> profit

4months later, pay the prize of releasing an unfinished game -> subscriptions cut in half.

Cut your losses and start planning for the next big release -> repeat from start

EA was recently voted the most hated company in the world.

How would a company which makes so many products designed to entertain the masses manage to garner such complete and utter hatred?

Easily; they do not give a **** what any of you want, say or think, the only thing that matters a jot to them is money.

Patch will be released to coincide with the fall off of subs.

End of.

Except people pay for this game and would like to know when so they can factor in whether or not they want to be spending money on this game in the meantime.

The problem with this is that when they program it isn't flawless and once they test it problems arise that they did not see so they have to go back and fix all the bugs and glitches that they can. By not putting a date on it and by putting "Soon" on it they give us nothing solid so that if they had to push it back one week we would not be mad and disappointed.

How would a company which makes so many products designed to entertain the masses manage to garner such complete and utter hatred?

Easily; they do not give a **** what any of you want, say or think, the only thing that matters a jot to them is money.

Patch will be released to coincide with promised new content.

End of.

There we go.

I said "instead of another delay" as in there should have been another delay so that the game would have launched finished

Why don't you try reading these posts before you start responding to them buddy

the only thing that matters a jot to them is money.

and this is different then 99 percent of every other company in the world how?

eather way,id love to hear how credible the source was that awarded ea that award

Edited by CrunkShizzle

Patch will be released to coincide with the fall off of subs.

End of.

so you think 1.2 is going to bring in more subs?

i think its gonna make more people leave,then people joining the game.just like how i think more people right now are leaving then joining

look at forums,all i see are unhappy people posting about how the game sucks and that guild wars 2 will be better.and tera,or whatever i mean in my opinion the mmo genre is pretty much done for.and world of warcraft was the killer of the genre

Edited by CrunkShizzle

I said "instead of another delay" as in there should have been another delay so that the game would have launched finished

Why don't you try reading these posts before you start responding to them buddy

ive heard the game was launched unfinished to much

i really wish star wars the old republic had more veterens to mmorpgs then they did people whos only expierance in a mmorpg was world of warcraft.and even then,world of warcraft after years of polishing there game

it makes me sad when i hear someone say that sw tor was unfinished or it still should be in beta.news flash,mmorpgs arent the greatest when they first come out,sadly though.i doubt sw tor will get much better but that isnt biowares fault its the fact the community arent sticking with the game

it seems you want the game to be perfect. there has never been and will never be a perfect game! if you don't enjoy it don't play. it is what it is and i am sure they are working to make the game as epic as all you idiots want it to be.

so you think 1.2 is going to bring in more subs?

i think its gonna make more people leave,then people joining the game.just like how i think more people right now are leaving then joining

look at forums,all i see are unhappy people posting about how the game sucks and that guild wars 2 will be better.and tera,or whatever i mean in my opinion the mmo genre is pretty much done for.and world of warcraft was the killer of the genre

How the heck do you get more joining in 1.2 from his post? did you even read it? dear lord i worry for ppl when i see crap like this...

And yes it will bring more ppl in its just simple fact, but thanks for your obv lack of CS...

I don't know if 1.2 would actually bring back any subs, though I can definitely say that these constant delays will definitely lose some.

I just unsubbed my account, though I am paid through the 23rd. If the patch comes out before then, they will have a chance to get me to re-up. If not, I will probably be gone forever unless I hear the patch is all that and a bag of chips.

5+ months is way too long for content releases in this day and age.

I don't know if 1.2 would actually bring back any subs, though I can definitely say that these constant delays will definitely lose some.

I just unsubbed my account, though I am paid through the 23rd. If the patch comes out before then, they will have a chance to get me to re-up. If not, I will probably be gone forever unless I hear the patch is all that and a bag of chips.

5+ months is way too long for content releases in this day and age.

^

Right there. Couldn't say it better. I'm on my way to unsubbing myself. I'm just tired of waiting and I'm getting bored enough to go back to "you know where" lol. As much as I love my guild, I am not going to wait around forever. Half of my members are off playing other games even now anyway because they are done with content and waiting for more. Should have slowed down the leveling more and made the progression in end game (as it stands now) interesting enough for people to want more than one character. That has been an issue as well. Most people are NOT making alts and just going back to games they came from or others that are out.

Sorry BW but I'm past wanting to sit and wait for u to not only fix everything (and to the person in another forum that said bugs were few and far I beg to differ--open your eyes) but give me more content. No offense cuz I will always love this game...it just should have been made and maintained better. Five months old or not, this game has been in beta stage how long? LAUNCHWISE it's 5 months old. It's years old otherwise...

Edited by Isisus

^

Right there. Couldn't say it better. I'm on my way to unsubbing myself. I'm just tired of waiting and I'm getting bored enough to go back to "you know where" lol. As much as I love my guild, I am not going to wait around forever. Half of my members are off playing other games even now anyway because they are done with content and waiting for more. Should have slowed down the leveling more and made the progression in end game (as it stands now) interesting enough for people to want more than one character. That has been an issue as well. Most people are NOT making alts and just going back to games they came from or others that are out.

Sorry BW but I'm past wanting to sit and wait for u to not only fix everything (and to the person in another forum that said bugs were few and far I beg to differ--open your eyes) but give me more content. No offense cuz I will always love this game...it just should have been made and maintained better. Five months old or not, this game has been in beta stage how long? LAUNCHWISE it's 5 months old. It's years old otherwise...

K we get it, your bored after 4 months, want everything right now no waiting or anything kk we get it, they all left for other games ya probbly not, your enter button is broke etc...

More content than any other game in this short of time and its still not enough for you kids...

Edited by mordredz

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was pretty sure they said at the Guild Summit that 1.2 was pushed back to EARLY April.

I don't know but if its not coming out on the 10th... then um.. shouldn't they let us know its been pushed back again?(If they did I didn't see it)

I'm going to be a bit pissed off if they wait till after sub time to drop the patch. That would just scream "Dirty Marketing tactic" to me.....

So what the hell is the deal? Did they or did they not say early April?

Kinda already had a major content added already, and games out 4 months, soooo um ya...

LOL Are you serious? You consider 1.1 a MAJOR content update? For what? Fixing bugs??

It had ONE thing that was actually a major content update.

A new level 50 Flashpoint, Kaon Under Siege, is now available for play in Normal and Hard Modes!

That's it. Everything else was balance/bug fixes that should have been done for launch.

LOL Are you serious? You consider 1.1 a MAJOR content update? For what? Fixing bugs??

It had ONE thing that was actually a major content update.

A new level 50 Flashpoint, Kaon Under Siege, is now available for play in Normal and Hard Modes!

That's it. Everything else was balance/bug fixes that should have been done for launch.

K so what do you consider something thats introduced in a patch and not an expansion? LOL OMG LOL serious, i honestly wonder at times...

Try not to get rear end hurt this time and whine to the csr's also, thanks...

Edited by mordredz

Doesnt really matter when they push out 1.2, as I feel it will probably only tide people over another month or so. Game will need a quick 1.3 and 1.4 to follow for the game to get some massive improvements and additional hooks implanted into it.

And Im not even thinking about unsubbing