The Enigma of Voidstar

Nihilistik

I've heard a million and one theories of how a Voidstar is decided upon when the game ends in a tie. Is there anyone who can link an official answer that BioWare has given (I've looked myself but cannot find).

The only theory that I've heard and seen which seems to have held true in the games I've played is that whoever finishes on top when sorted by medals (descending) wins and therefore that team wins?

More theories not welcome \o/ - official linkies appreciated - cheers.

Edited by Nihilistik

Coin toss.

edit : There is an official statement. Somewhere. I don't remember where, sorry. But I am sure someone is going to get it. Until then, you will have to believe me.

BELIEVE !

Edited by Polimeris

i am pretty sure it works like this.

if you are defending and you defend to the 2nd door the round ends, and in the next round as attackers if you are to get to the same door faster you win?

So to simplify what you're saying;

The team that defends first always wins if it's a tied game?

That just smells of another theory to me oO

Edited by Nihilistik

Here is the quote:

Hi folks,

Unfortunately, it seems that our CS droids were in error when they responded to Ashania's original tickets and for that, we apologize.

Currently, in the event of a tie on Voidstar, the winner is randomly chosen. We are going to be improving this with 1.2, but in the meantime, that is how winners are currently chosen for ties on Voidstar.

Again, I apologize for any confusion and thank you for letting us know about this.

i believe the RNG is only if the game ends 0-0. In my experience, if you both get doors down and end in a tie, the person who capped the last door faster wins.

He said tie, which encompasses everything from 0-0 to 6-6. And that's how it is.

Please refrain from further 'theories' on that matter. The thread from where that quote was pulled just went on with people spreading their already debunked theories for several pages (the OP never updated and many seem to limit their reading to page 1...). Let's stop confusing people please.

So to simplify what you're saying;

The team that defends first always wins if it's a tied game?

That just smells of another theory to me oO

Also one that is incorrect, as I have participated in several games that contradict this thought. I've also been in several tied voidstar losses where my team was well up on medals. It's a coin toss folks. Completely random.

He said tie, which encompasses everything from 0-0 to 6-6. And that's how it is.

Please refrain from further 'theories' on that matter. The thread from where that quote was pulled just went on with people spreading their already debunked theories for several pages (the OP never updated and many seem to limit their reading to page 1...). Let's stop confusing people please.

i was under the impression that if you get to the datacore you get 6 points

so if both teams get to the datacore they both get 6 points

however the second team BEAT the time of the first team, therefore they win

so, all tied scores from 0-0 to 5-5 are RNG

but in the 6-6 scenario - the team that attacked last wins, because they did it faster

the one that got further the fastest is the winner. (both teams has breached equal amounts of doors (let's say 2 doors), the team that made it that far the fastest wins)

If you talk about who wins when it is a tie while neither team has breached a door... I can't tell for sure.

Edit: also, the first thing I said is TESTED and not a theorie. As I and the whole server that I am playing on knows this. a reason why the enemies team always quits if we got there faster.

Edited by Mythic_MK_II

It might be because the match is time bound? When you have made it all the way to the door the time that the opposing team has is scaled to the time that your team took before they downloaded the *info*. so you have to get as far as they did before the time runs out and you win.

It assures that atleast one team wins. Voidstar on my server would almost always be a draw if there was such a thing as draw.

Edited by Mythic_MK_II

It might be because the match is time bound? When you have made it all the way to the door the time that the opposing team has is scaled to the time that your team took before they downloaded the *info*. so you have to get as far as they did before the time runs out and you win.

It assures that atleast one team wins. Voidstar on my server would almost always be a draw if there was such a thing as draw.

Frist team scores 6 for 5-45, secon scored 6 for 5-15.

Please dude, explain how this situation (you are talking about) have anything to do with the situation im talking about:

first team scored 2 for 7-00 mins, second scored 2 for 7-00 mins.

How should i make my point more obvious than saying EQUEAL objectives? If you score 6 (download info) faster its NOT EQUEAL, because of 'FASTER'

Edited by Maxkardinal

The bigger enigma here is, I succeeded in opening the first door, also clicked on the console to bring down the bridge, also healing my they-only-know-fighting comrades all the while, got the highest healing, and what I succeeded is the only score of my team (score 2), I GOT ZERO POINT IN MY OBJECTIVE SCORE while others get 400-2000!! And this is happening twice in two days! They all just keep fighting on one door and no one cares another one ...

Does OBJECTIVE have a completely different meaning in BioWare?

Edited by Hologramx

the one that got further the fastest is the winner. (both teams has breached equal amounts of doors (let's say 2 doors), the team that made it that far the fastest wins)

If you talk about who wins when it is a tie while neither team has breached a door... I can't tell for sure.

Edit: also, the first thing I said is TESTED and not a theorie. As I and the whole server that I am playing on knows this. a reason why the enemies team always quits if we got there faster.

It doesn't go to who gets there fastest. It's a coin toss. I just played a match where we beat the team to the end by 10 seconds, and they still got the win.

Really hope they change in it 1.2 to the fastest. Just makes way more sense.