The insanity of the mailbox

SkyDweller

WHY do we have to go to a mailbox to read our new messages in an era where you can call your mom from one end of the galaxy to the other, send an entire planet to kingdom come, and travel through the galaxy?

Ok its good to copy stuff from other games, but didn't you guys think before adding a feature like this in STAR wars ?

dudes, think again, a MAILBOX:eek: THIS IS INSANITY!

P.S. This is (should be) a sci-fi world not a revamp of wow.

Edited by SkyDweller

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY do we have to go to a mailbox to read our new messages in an era where you can call your mom from one end of the galaxy to the other, send an entire planet to kingdom come, and travel through the galaxy?

Ok its good to copy stuff from other games, but didn't you guys think before adding a feature like this in STAR wars ?

Why do we still produce newspapers when people can access the media via their computers or phones, etc? Some things will always be the way they are.

P.S. Stop moaning.

Why do we use those stupid little holo-projectors to talk? I'd rather use my iphone4!!!!!!

Why do we still produce newspapers when people can access the media via their computers or phones, etc? Some things will always be the way they are.

P.S. Stop moaning.

GW2 won't have mailboxes, you get mail from anywhere. lol

P.S. Stop moaning.

Because:

1) It's easier to carry a newspaper than a computer

2) Not everyone has a smartphone nor data plan

3) So far it's more comfortable to read on real paper than on any screen.

4) You read faster on paper than on screen

5) Your brain computes better text written on paper than on any type of screen

6) You can read any newspaper in direct sunlight

Knowing bioware, if they allow access to mail anywhere, chances are it'll pop up like crews returning from missions.

No thanks. I don't want to get popup spams of "Someone has bought your item. The amount will be delivered in 1 hour."

Because:

1) It's easier to carry a newspaper than a computer

2) Not everyone has a smartphone nor data plan

3) So far it's more comfortable to read on real paper than on any screen.

4) You read faster on paper than on screen

5) Your brain computes better text written on paper than on any type of screen

6) You can read any newspaper in direct sunlight

I was using newspapers as an example and the question was rhetorical.

Thanks for the completely unnecessary list though :)

Speaking of insanity...

I can take a handy little shuttle from any planet to the Fleet, but my personal ship will already be there, docked at the hub, after I arrive?

INSANITY!

*head spins*

Need an exorcist? I might know one....

Speaking of insanity...

I can take a handy little shuttle from any planet to the Fleet, but my personal ship will already be there, docked at the hub, after I arrive?

INSANITY!

*head spins*

Your whiny annoying servant droid placed a tracker on you in your sleep after fluffing your pillows and singing lullabies.

Speaking of insanity...

INSANITY!

*head spins*

you just mailed your utility droid to get his *** up there during your transit :D

P.S. And he didn't have to go check the mailbox to read your message.

Better than 1 mailbox in an entire capital city.

Well of course. But on Alderaan on the Imperial side when you come out of the space port, that first city has 8 mailboxes I believe I counted. It certainly could have survived with only 3 maybe 4. It's not game breaking of course but I just find it funny that you can pass several mailboxes in a matter of a few meters.

Well of course. But on Alderaan on the Imperial side when you come out of the space port, that first city has 8 mailboxes I believe I counted. It certainly could have survived with only 3 maybe 4. It's not game breaking of course but I just find it funny that you can pass several mailboxes in a matter of a few meters.

Fair point, but remember these areas are meant to be hubs and gathering points for those worlds. They're not - Alderaan especially is a ghost town - but that's the design idea behind it, at least.

I was using newspapers as an example and the question was rhetorical.

Thanks for the completely unnecessary list though :)

I know, just thought you'd understand better than simply writing:

Because we had it 7 years ago in another Sci-Fi based MMO and we can do it remotely in RL in a world supposedly way behind in terms of evolution.