Free transfers in the future?

Drakinor

whitebeam run is another server that was pretty good population wise and is where my main toons are. i haven't seen fleet population over 20 max at the times i play for some time now for either side. i don't have any 50's although the time i spend in this game i enjoy. i guess it's a good thing my fiancee and i like to do things ourselves. i do enjoy doing warzones though but yea well that's almost non-existent on whitebeam.

why not get this taken care of bioware? i would welcome a legacy name reset and toon name resets if it means i can take my toons to a better populated server or have my server merged with one or more low pop servers.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the number of people with level 50s stuck on dead servers BW is sure taking their sweet time with transfers opening up. The technology is already in place, obviously as the Asia people are doing it now. BW just wants to delay as long as they possibly can, until subscription losses force to them to open up transfers.

So I guess the only thing to do is desub and make sure you list server population as the reason why..I am doing this when my "free month" starts, and they will have 30 days to keep me as a customer. If they choose not to make transfers available within that time frame, oh well...ill be playing D3 exclusively after may 15th i guess!

Edited by Ushela

The technology is already in place, obviously as the Asia people are doing it now. BW just wants to delay as long as they possibly can, until subscription losses force to them to open up transfers.

Because the initial attempt at transferring us Asia/Pac people was "so" successful, with broken web-pages and many confused people. "Already in place" is a bit of an overstatement, but I'm sure they'll pander to your QQ once they get the bugs ironed out with us cannon fodder.

Unfortunatly I am on one of those light servers. When i log in and i see 90 people on republic side i just log off and go to my alt on Tomb of ... server to add 1 more to the queue. Stephen Reid has commented about the server transfers in Dev Tracker but i would still like an ETA on when its avaible or could be avaible. 1 week? 1 month? More? Needs to be implemented as soon as possible!

Unfortunatly I am on one of those light servers. When i log in and i see 90 people on republic side i just log off and go to my alt on Tomb of ... server to add 1 more to the queue. Stephen Reid has commented about the server transfers in Dev Tracker but i would still like an ETA on when its avaible or could be avaible. 1 week? 1 month? More? Needs to be implemented as soon as possible!

Yea, Me 2 my guild did take a break until servermerge or chartransfer, so now im playing on my lvl 50 on tomb of.... would love än ata

As I am writing this, I pop over to my player listing gump here on Anturi Reach, Empire side, and search for all players currently connected.

"Showing first 18 results." That's what I see. Six of them are on the Fleet.

I remember the first day I managed to see some actual conversation in general chat. It was on Balmorra, and I was probably about level 18-20. I should have known at that point (or, far before)that I needed to re-roll, but I was hopeful, and expected that through leveling I would inevitably run into where the population was amassing.

At first it was nice... I was able to do what I wished. I didn't have to wait for respawns to continue completing missions. All I had to do was entirely ignore all of the flashpoints and heroic quests.

I joined a guild, too. Looks like, by a large margin, we're the biggest guild Empire side, and I'm still the only member currently logged in. I'm able to do things with them, yes, however that's all I can hope for.

Every time I log in, and throughout my playing, I travel back to the Fleet, and search the GTN. Not because I need something now, but because I know that if I wait until I actually do, I'll be pissed off waiting countless days trying to find something in particular. Putting up searches for crafting components almost always returns zero results. Hell, putting up searches for nearly anything returns zero or near-zero results.

I really enjoy the space missions. At least, it doesn't feel like a commendation grind yet. I've been hoping to find some of the "endgame"-quality starship components on the GTN for about two weeks. They're not there. Noone in my guild can craft them. They're too busy, like everyone else, having Biochem, because it's tough to do without.

I've been taking my time to level. Enjoying the storyline, and the immersion that comes from the voice acted mission briefings. I also am taking my time about it because I do know that once I hit 50, I'll start becoming frustrated that we simply do not have the manpower to do our hardmodes or ops. There's just noone around to pick up.

I haven't yet tried my hand at PvP. It's not that I don't think I would enjoy it- It's that all I see is utter frustration from my guildmates. They're constantly commenting about how many hours they've waited for a queue, only to go to the bathroom or whatnot, and miss the warzone. I don't want to try and entertain myself for hours, only to have a brief moment of enjoyment. PvP gear is enticing, and I'd love to be able to get it, however farming a few hundred to a thousand commendations is something that just seems ludicrous given how slowly PvP queues move.

Please, please, please give us a few server merges. I'm truly loving this game, and would love to see myself still playing for years to come. However, I'm getting rather discouraged at the lack of MM in this MMO.

As I am writing this, I pop over to my player listing gump here on Anturi Reach, Empire side, and search for all players currently connected.

"Showing first 18 results." That's what I see. Six of them are on the Fleet.

I remember the first day I managed to see some actual conversation in general chat. It was on Balmorra, and I was probably about level 18-20. I should have known at that point (or, far before)that I needed to re-roll, but I was hopeful, and expected that through leveling I would inevitably run into where the population was amassing.

At first it was nice... I was able to do what I wished. I didn't have to wait for respawns to continue completing missions. All I had to do was entirely ignore all of the flashpoints and heroic quests.

I joined a guild, too. Looks like, by a large margin, we're the biggest guild Empire side, and I'm still the only member currently logged in. I'm able to do things with them, yes, however that's all I can hope for.

Every time I log in, and throughout my playing, I travel back to the Fleet, and search the GTN. Not because I need something now, but because I know that if I wait until I actually do, I'll be pissed off waiting countless days trying to find something in particular. Putting up searches for crafting components almost always returns zero results. Hell, putting up searches for nearly anything returns zero or near-zero results.

I really enjoy the space missions. At least, it doesn't feel like a commendation grind yet. I've been hoping to find some of the "endgame"-quality starship components on the GTN for about two weeks. They're not there. Noone in my guild can craft them. They're too busy, like everyone else, having Biochem, because it's tough to do without.

I've been taking my time to level. Enjoying the storyline, and the immersion that comes from the voice acted mission briefings. I also am taking my time about it because I do know that once I hit 50, I'll start becoming frustrated that we simply do not have the manpower to do our hardmodes or ops. There's just noone around to pick up.

I haven't yet tried my hand at PvP. It's not that I don't think I would enjoy it- It's that all I see is utter frustration from my guildmates. They're constantly commenting about how many hours they've waited for a queue, only to go to the bathroom or whatnot, and miss the warzone. I don't want to try and entertain myself for hours, only to have a brief moment of enjoyment. PvP gear is enticing, and I'd love to be able to get it, however farming a few hundred to a thousand commendations is something that just seems ludicrous given how slowly PvP queues move.

Please, please, please give us a few server merges. I'm truly loving this game, and would love to see myself still playing for years to come. However, I'm getting rather discouraged at the lack of MM in this MMO.

Wow, I could shed a tear. You have it even worser then I do. I hope BW reads this.

Yeah, that's what he meant.

The term "re-rolling" recalls the days of DnD, and other tabletop RPGs, in which a fundamental part of character creation was rolling dice, in order to determine what values your starting character's stats would be.

People would often get a very poor set of rolls, essentially giving them long-term lackluster character performance, and would thus re-roll in an attempt to have a better experience.

Edited by Zayoss

I sincerely hope they get transfers going soon. Very soon.

Look to the Rift model or even the WoW model (free if it is to a Bioware designated server, a few bucks if you choose from a list of Bioware approved servers.)

This needs to happen yesterday.

The thing is ...leave your old characters and made a new one on a populated server...

We shouldn't have to. Unless you intentionally chose an empty server to begin with. We all didn't. ESPECIALLY when you consider most of us were assigned to our servers on a guild level.

We shouldn't have to. Unless you intentionally chose an empty server to begin with. We all didn't. ESPECIALLY when you consider most of us were assigned to our servers on a guild level.

I choosed at december Trayus Academy and there was at least 100 people on the imperial fleet now if we are 30 it's a miracle and in the planets if we are 15 it's a miracle in the past on Korriban you should found at least 40-50 people.

Edited by OnlyBones

I think many servers are failing to meet the first M in MMO at the moment

I have a high level Republic character on Sluis Shipyards and typically there is 10-20 people on each planet and maybe 30 or so on the Fleet at prime time. Although by far not the most quiet server it still makes doing Flashpoints and Heroics nigh impossible. Most light and standard servers need to be merged with another 3-5 servers to get a healthy population number.

I would preduct widescale server transfers / merges at the end of May

whats not to get here, there is a *****torm over this subject going on in so many posts, just make the gd merges happen now and be done with it !! GET TO WORK YOU LAZY BUMS !! :D after all, we are paying your salories so chop chop i say !

Unofficial population data (http://www.torstatus.net/shards/eu) clearly shows that all servers are light. And you don't need to see any data to know that not enough people play (I play on a RP-PVP server and recruiting for PvE or even finding a pug player for an operation is a nightmare)

I'm all up for transfers - my whole guild would gladly move to a more populated server or some friends from other servers would move to here if there was an option to do that.

That being said, the number of servers should be decreased by mergers. Free or even paid Transfers will naturally kill some of the servers so I think appropriate steps should be taken by Bioware beforehand. And it's urgent - please understand that no one to recruit means guilds falling apart and players leaving the game.

if you think that it's a sign of the game going downhill - maybe it is, but taking appropriate steps I believe Bioware can prevent it going down further. I think it would not be bad PR, it would show they have guts to deal with it.

Edited by vandana_

I want to transfer my character... been guildless lately.. lowbies are at AP server but I want to play my Original (blood, sweat and tears) lvl 50 PVP BM toon thats in US server moved AP.. cause our contry are not considered AP. For a game that is multi "being" we were single out as non qualified country.... Please push character transfer

I have all but stopped playing my main who is stuck on a server. another month of game time, and loosing interest fast, I would just like to feel confident that all the game's ducks are in a row, and be able to enjoy my characters. *shrugs*

initial transfers should be free, if not all. The only reason (beyond greed) for charging for this service is to keep people from being willy-nilly about transferring their characters on a regular basis. Most people didn't actually choose the server they were placed on, but instead had it chosen for them because of the guild they were/are attached to. The guild my Main was in is all but dead, I am the last person who even plays anymore. The guild I am in on my other server has anywhere from 10 - 100 active daily.

Just thought it was interesting that I canceled my sub giving a specific reason of being stuck ona low pop server.

About 1 week later I received an e-mail to re-sub for 30 free days.....

If that's any indiciation as to where this situation is going....Im really disappointmented in the way this is being handled. There has been an overwhelming response to this issue and I am sure plenty of subs have canceled.

You can give me all the reasons in the world (legacy, rename, etc...) I would much rather have started at level 1 legacy and/or rename my toon(s) then to simply quit or just play on a dead server.

Bad business on BW's part....

Edited by JediRaffa

so true, its more or less a slap in the face. Sort of like the first two months being plagued by seriously bad lag, community came up with a temporary fix because they were all but ignoring the people with the issue, then they would keep suppressing any posts that suggested the fix. I am beginning to get fed up with BW, they just are not the same company they were 14 years ago.

They need to start by allowing people from the the 50+ dieing servers to transfer for free to medium pop servers. I highly doubt people from The Harbringer and The Fatman are going to want to leave one of the few places in game that have a thriving population due to people rerolling from servers with nothing to do.

Obviously an option should be made for people on these servers to go to medium pop ones, but few will take it.

So basically, the dieing servers need to be scrapped and shut down. Consolidate the population and then if the game performs well, with time, they will be able to reopen servers for growing numbers.

As it stands now though, the majority of people in this game are stuck in servers that are on the precipice of death.